• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rigsby

Life President⭐
A Dagenham supporting friend of mine has said they are in serious financial difficulty. He normally has his finger on the pulse, so not just a wild rumour. Anybody else heard anything?

Yes, seen a few rumours for the last month. Tried to encourage lots of people to get along there to support them for Non League day and highlighted their facilities for away fans on Twitter recently during a survey by Fan Experience Co. Very sad, they really do have one of the best away stands anywhere, and were very supportive of the Trust's sponsored walk "Stagger to the Daggers" 4 or 5 years ago.

Glyn Hopkin has pulled the funding. They have no debts but haven't been able to find a buyer as yet. Fingers crossed something comes up for them.

Yes, seen a few rumours for the last month. Tried to encourage lots of people to get along there to support them for Non League day and highlighted their facilities for away fans on Twitter recently during a survey by Fan Experience Co. Very sad, they really do have one of the best away stands anywhere, and were very supportive of the Trust's sponsored walk "Stagger to the Daggers" 4 or 5 years ago.

They have great facilities for their home fans. I have been to plenty mid-week events and retirement do's etc when I worked in the area. We could certainly learn a thing or two from them.

Sorry to hear that. As others have said, they have a decent set up there, but they have it tough given the nearby competition. Hopefully they can persuade lots of local families that a day out there is infinitely preferable to one at West Ham.

Sorry to hear that. As others have said, they have a decent set up there, but they have it tough given the nearby competition. Hopefully they can persuade lots of local families that a day out there is infinitely preferable to one at West Ham.

Funnily enough, a good mate of mine who runs the programme shop there, is an ex-West Ham fan.

Funnily enough, a good mate of mine who runs the programme shop there, is an ex-West Ham fan.

I imagine there are a fair few people who follow Dagenham in addition to another London club.

My father-in-law and his brothers, all Dagenham born, support West Ham/Chelsea (the shame) but all 'look out' for the Daggers. I'll tell them to 'look out' a bit closer!

Wet Spam played a "charity" friendly match at the daggers at the end of March, in the hope they could raise £40,000 for them. At the time it was reported that they needed to raise at least £250,000 just to see out the end of the season.

I do hope they find a backer and survive, I also quite like an away day to D&R. I also hope perhaps our club will consider a pre-season friendly match to help them out financially.

I imagine there are a fair few people who follow Dagenham in addition to another London club.

My father-in-law and his brothers, all Dagenham born, support West Ham/Chelsea (the shame) but all 'look out' for the Daggers. I'll tell them to 'look out' a bit closer!

My mate started out in life as a Newport County supporter ( I stood with him at that memorable 4-2 home win back in the day).TBF John C. has always had a soft spot for W.Ham and is now a retired Head Teacher in the Dagenham area.

Not helped by the freebie stadium paid for by the taxpayer being given to WH for rental peanuts.20k extra plastic cockneys who don't support their local clubs on top of original support of Essex Boyz .It didn't need a scientist to work out premiersh*te at discount prices would be more enticing than the Daggers or O's

Glyn Hopkin has pulled the funding. They have no debts but haven't been able to find a buyer as yet. Fingers crossed something comes up for them.

Apparently as a life long fan he put about £1m into the club over the last year. Only to end up getting stick from certain supporters groups, it happens. So he said he would fund it until the end of March and then your on your own.

Interest from the bloke who owns Peterborough and West Ham using it as a feeder club are a couple of rumours. Although league rules would probably block the Hammers idea?

The good news is I have pencilled in a group daggers fans for a few games down at the Hall next season. Like so many lads at that level they won't be going to any PL nonsense up the road from them. They have all been there and done it.

Have a source close to the club who a few weeks ago thought they couldnt finish the season,number of players left as Glyn Hopkin was subbing their wages at the time.Understand that matters have improved and they will start next season in the National League.Watch this space

Their not having the best start to the season in the conference, currently rock bottom with just 1 point after 6 games.

Back