• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IMO salaries should be fair and that is best done by finding ways to increase the income those who are underpaid more than reducing those that are well paid.

I agree with you.

The world is pretty crazy when the likes of Len can watch his comrades strike thus losing pay but Len's money is safe.

You're directing us to a link which hasn't yet been updated with the more recent YouGov poll that I mentioned. Good work.

Unless by "more balanced findings" you really mean ones that suit your narrative. That couldn't be it, could it?

It includes all the polls taken last year including the most recent one (13th-16th Dec) that I mentioned from the Observer which gives the Tories a 7 % point lead.

Perhaps your YouGov poll is a rogue poll? :winking:

Edit.I saw that in a poll of polls recently that the Tory lead was quoted as around 12%.I imagine we could probably agree on that.Expect that gap to close from next week onwards though.

Last edited:
The Lib/Dens are certainly not an "irrelevance" if they can win back seats from the Tories in the South and South West again.Remember that targeting those seats was the basis of the narrow Tory victory in 2015.

That old saw about Labour "pandering to anti-semites" again.Just what would JC and Labour have to do for you to accept this is not true?

I presume you were happy enough with Labour's stance on anti-semitism while Ed Miliband was leader?

If you can't see it by now you never will. As it happens Millibland started the rot for me, but Corduroy has taken it to another level entirely.

I think you already know the answer to that one. Just because someone is has Jewish relatives doesn't mean they can't be anti-semitic.

So Ed's anti-semitic is he? Unbelievable.Is this because,despite identifying himself as a Jew,he renounced his parents' faith, or are there other reasons? :unsure:

Edit.Btw,I don't know why you think "Miliband started the rot" and I'd be grateful for an explanation.

Last edited:
So Ed's anti-semitic is he? Unbelievable.Is this because,despite identifying himself as a Jew,he renounced his parents' faith, or are there other reasons? :unsure:

Edit.Btw,I don't know why you think "Miliband started the rot" and I'd be grateful for an explanation.

You're putting words into my mouth and then trying to guess my reasoning for something I didn't say. Good effort!

Things will change.Keep a close watch on the opinion polls from next week.Watch how the Tory dogfights over Brexit start to impact on their poll ratings.

Thanks, I'll keep my eye out for that dead cat bounce.

Out of interest, how is Tory infighting over Brexit going to help Labour? Breixteers will go UKIP; Remainers will go Lib Dem (see by-elections) and those put off by party disunity are hardly going to be attracted by Corbyn's Laboured party. Are you just hoping that the Labour core vote holds whilst the Tory share diminishes?

Read the headline..... Labour too weak to win election alone, Fabian Society says

Yes I did,thanks.That's why the Fabians are recommending that Labour join forces "by aligning with centre-left parties at the next election".

Something I've been advocating for some time now -a "rainbow" coalition- whether a formal or informal (more likely) arangement.

Thanks, I'll keep my eye out for that dead cat bounce.

Out of interest, how is Tory infighting over Brexit going to help Labour? Breixteers will go UKIP; Remainers will go Lib Dem (see by-elections) and those put off by party disunity are hardly going to be attracted by Corbyn's Laboured party. Are you just hoping that the Labour core vote holds whilst the Tory share diminishes?

Labour are HMO.UKIP and the LIb/Dems never will be.It follows that (apart from the occasional by-election reverse) any loss of support for the Tories has to be good news for Labour.

Your question has more than a grain of truth in it,though it still remains to be seen whether JC's support amongst the Labour party membership and fellow travellers, can be translated into electoral support across the country.

Labour are HMO.UKIP and the LIb/Dems never will be.It follows that (apart from the occasional by-election reverse) any loss of support for the Tories has to be good news for Labour.

Your question has more than a grain of truth in it,though it still remains to be seen whether JC's support amongst the Labour party membership and fellow travellers, can be translated into electoral support across the country.

Hopeless Mutinous Outfit?

There have been 3 by-elections since the referendum. Labour have lost their deposit in one, gone from 2nd to 3rd in another, and from 2nd to 4th in the remaining one. Labour have been similarly pitiful in local elections where they're going backwards - an impressive feat from such a small base.

after what has happened in 2016 I don't know why anyone would make guesses on what will happen in 3 years time without putting 'this is just a guess' in front of the statement

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict that a massively left leaning party are going to fail in country where the political climate is centre-right. If you're referring to 2016 because it was a year of political surprise, then remember that the surprises were all one-way traffic. I don't think you'll be seeing any surprise shifts to the left any time soon (and Le Pen losing would not constitute a "surprise" since she herself is an underdog).

Barna - Aligning with centre-left might curry some flavor with the electorate, but I would still back Tory to retain power (perhaps by a lesser majority). If things stay as they are, there will be no gains for Labour in a GE.

Back