• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good luck to Jason, feel we did him a bit of a dis-service in not getting him loaned out at a decent level this season. Wish him all the best.

Very best wishes to Jason for his future, didnt always get much of an opportunity with us, Just hope he doesnt come back like so many to turn us over

Not a good enough level as far as I'm concerned, I did say "decent level".

Bentley was loaned out as a youngster to Braintree when they were Conference South. Borehamwood are a Conference Prem side so he has had chance at a 'decentish' club.

How else are we supposed to find a 'decent level' team to loan him too? He has come on when a sub and scored a worldy to make a name for himself. He needed to build his profile on his loans.

I do feel sorry for him as he never really got a proper chance to prove himself. But I'm not the manager and don't see him in training. PB obviously didn't think he cut the mustard and didn't progress enough to warrant staying. I wish him the best of luck and hope he does make a career out of playing football just don't score against us!

It was the right level for Jason because he didn't always get a start and has ended up as a non used sub. That's not a dig at the lad like others have, I wish him well.

I'd have liked to have seen him at Daggers or a lower L2 side. Brown obviously saw enough last year after he'd been at Chelmsford to keep him on and to include him in some games.

I'd have liked to have seen him at Daggers or a lower L2 side. Brown obviously saw enough last year after he'd been at Chelmsford to keep him on and to include him in some games.

Perhaps Daggers or a lower L2 team didn't want him. There is probably a reason for that.

They were so much "not a good enough level" for him, that he was only given less than 200 minutes football in the 7 matches he figured in. You could make a stronger case for it being much too good for him.

Good luck to Jason, feel we did him a bit of a dis-service in not getting him loaned out at a decent level this season. Wish him all the best.

Without wishing to be disrespectful, from what I saw of him that is about his level, saying that I do wish him well.

I would guess if we could have found someone at that level to take him we would have.

Would have been nice to see if he could perform at league standard though and will be interesting to see if he gets a chance to now.

Theres a new to be non-league team in East London who might take a chance....

Young homegrown player gets released after six years at the club and the absolute **** people come out with is ridiculous :facepalm:

Good luck to the lad, I'm sure he won't have trouble staying in the game at a decent enough level.

Funny what being over hyped on a fan forum can do for you.

Sadly we heard about this pacy goal machine for so long when he actually walked on the pitch and turned out to be nothing like what was hyped it generated a backlash.

Was expecting to see him leave this summer as with the players we have now he was never going to be the standard we need, however certainly dont wish him any ill and dont see why people would. Would have been delighted if he had been a success here, and wish him well in finding a fresh start.

I didn't see Williams a great deal but he never really struck me as someone with a clear 'differential' that made him stand out as an option. Even though he was pretty hefty he didn't hold the ball up particularly well, was limited aerially and wasn't especially pacy or a natural fox-in-the-box finisher. He's going to have to work hard to get opportunities and take a chance. There was never a time when he was on the bench and I thought "Williams could be a good option here". Wish him all the best though, and there's clearly some talent in there.

So the kid didn't cut it, but no need for any animosity - am sure he'll find his level and progress, he still a young lad don't forget!

Let's just wish him all the best for the future and draw a line under it.

Very best of luck to you Jason, you have worn your blue Southend United shirt with pride over the last six years, so even though it has not worked out for you here, I am sure you will go on to have a bright future.

Although you are now an Ex Shrimper, I will always welcome you back to Roots Hall. (Unless you score against us :winking:).

ZNzCdI.jpg

Ex Shrimper Jason Williams

Shame. Thought he had all of the attributes to be a star for us, coupled with the fact he was a product of our own youth system.

Anyone know what the hell has happened to Jack Bridge?

Yep.

Phil Brown.

The club wouldn't allow JW the chance to build his career....when he was farmed out and scoring the club recalled him to sit on the bench.....whether he is good enough at league level we shall see.

One thing is certain I would rather watch home grown kids getting their chance than lazy Prem starlets .

The club wouldn't allow JW the chance to build his career....when he was farmed out and scoring the club recalled him to sit on the bench.....whether he is good enough at league level we shall see.

One thing is certain I would rather watch home grown kids getting their chance than lazy Prem starlets .

No you wouldn't. We tried to play the likes of Ted Smith and Jack Bridge at the end of last season when the games didn't count and you wanted PB sacked for losing them.

Even when that lad Bedford I think it was came on for a few minutes v Newcastle pre season a few Jumped on here to slag him. Unfortunately every manager in the modern game knows he can't give youth a chance.

No you wouldn't. We tried to play the likes of Ted Smith and Jack Bridge at the end of last season when the games didn't count and you wanted PB sacked for losing them.

Even when that lad Bedford I think it was came on for a few minutes v Newcastle pre season a few Jumped on here to slag him. Unfortunately every manager in the modern game knows he can't give youth a chance.

Find where I said that and post it please!

Back