• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Seeing as we are off to Brussels next week, a very handily timed episode of Travel Man on C4. Lee Mack was Richard Ayoade's guest and it was entertaining enough. Gave the children a few ideas for what they want to do when we are there as well.

Seeing as we are off to Brussels next week, a very handily timed episode of Travel Man on C4. Lee Mack was Richard Ayoade's guest and it was entertaining enough. Gave the children a few ideas for what they want to do when we are there as well.
I'm going to Brussels tonight (sadly it's just to transfer onto another flight).

I've had Travel Man on series link but not really watched it for ages, might do a catch up but find it very 'guest dependent'. Lee Mack sounds good - apparently he was good value on Celeb GBBO as well

Jeez, this post sounds like a Barna one!

Come Home - a decent enough drama until the final programme where it petered out into nothingness and the entire 3hrs was a waste of time.

Quite excited at the finale of The Walking Dead - been a dodgy old series but it's had it's highs. Seriously needs a thinning out of cast members, there's so many some barely get any screen time including Maggie, Michonne & Darryl.

So hopefully goodbye to:
  Spoiler:  
Rosita, Gabriel, Negan, Eugene, Aaron, Jesus, Tara, the Shakespeare quoting ****, and a whole load of others.

A few mates have been bothering me to watch Gomorrah, saying how amazing it is. I finally gave in to them and started watching this week and it is very impressive so far. Italian with English subtitles story of the mafia in Naples and unlike your godfathers and sopranos it doesn't make them out to be almost honourable men with a code etc. Completely dog eat dog and very well acted, you can see why it is so highly rated just a few episodes in.

Got to the end of series 3 now and series 4 can't come quick enough. One of the best things I've ever watched 9.9/10 can't recommend highly enough and I'm not the kind of guy who gives ratings like that lightly!

Come Home - a decent enough drama until the final programme where it petered out.

I watched the whole lot in one sitting last night and felt the same, sadly.

An excellent opening two episodes with the usual strong performance from Christopher Eccleston, but it kind of lost it's way in the end. I'm not sure if they really knew how to end it.

That said, I did enjoy the majority of it.

Enjoyed the two programmes on Dave Allen on C4 last night.Still probably my favourite comedian.RIP.

Dave Allen At Peace

Not sure if you saw this 'tangled' but it's a pretty good biopic. Not great. Not bad. Frankly, too short. Worth a watch though, if nothing else but for a really good performance by Tommy Tiernan.

Last edited:
Masterchef brilliant as always

How do ordinary people with jobs, manage to obtain the skill and time to produce wonderful looking dishes

Not sure I would want to eat some of them especially the Piranha dish served last night, but what a wonderful past time/hobby to be able to show off

How do ordinary people with jobs, manage to obtain the skill and time to produce wonderful looking dishes

Not sure I would want to eat some of them especially the Piranha dish served last night, but what a wonderful past time/hobby to be able to show off
Didn't like the look of any of that Peruvian food at all! But I agree - the standard of cooking this series has been incredible. It's Nawamin's to lose now I reckon, the guy is on a whole other level.

Didn't like the look of any of that Peruvian food at all! But I agree - the standard of cooking this series has been incredible. It's Nawamin's to lose now I reckon, the guy is on a whole other level.
Agree that Nawamin should win . That Peruvian restaurants food looked hideous!

Agree that Nawamin should win . That Peruvian restaurants food looked hideous!

For the 2nd series running, one contestant has been eulogised over to the exclusion of others, despite the fact that their cooking has almost entirely followed one style of cooking. Last year it was Saliha with her Indian influenced food, this year it is Nawamin with his Thai influenced food.

There is no doubt both are exceptional chefs in their own style, HOWEVER, that, to me, is not what Masterchef is about, it is about showing a variety of styles and showing exceptional skill across them all. How Nawamim was allowed to stay in having totally ballsed up his cooking with Tommy Banks the other night was quite beyond me.

Moonira did a dish that night that she'd never cooked before, scallops - John and Gregg criticised her for during the preparation stage but she turned out a perfect dish. Nawamin was not only so late with his that another chef had to bring their dish forward, but he'd over done it so it was half the size it should have been.

I also thought he had the easiest of the Peruvian dishes to do. If he wins, I will not watch again unless they change the format, it's become far too biased. Do an Italian week, a French week, an Asian week - don't allow one chef to continuously cook one style of food!

Rant over!

On Netflix, Wild Wild Country.

This is the story of the rise and fall of the Rajneesh movement in Oregon in the 1980s. What an eye opener!

Six episodes each just over an hour long. Could be slightly shorter in my opinion, but very interesting and compelling TV.

Started watching Elementary with Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu, very easy watch and enjoyable, always like a Sherlock programme. Gives me something to wet the appetite until the Cumberbach version comes back on the screens.

Kenny winning Master Chef was great TV

really pleased for him!!!

Yep, really liked him from the beginning, though, in all truth, I did think he should have gone in last night's one! So looking forward to trying that beetroot dish for real in just over a fortnight's time at Tommy Banks' place!

Have stuck with the BBC adaption of Agatha Christie's Ordeal by Innocence over the three weeks. Every week it's left me annoyed at the "tweaks" but last night takes the biscuit. Surely the Christie estate had to be consulted if they want to "adapt" a book so thoroughly? To even go as far as changing the murderer is an absolute travesty! I'd be surprised if the Christie estate agreed to let them do that!

After the clip on Gogglebox, I had to watch the Sex Robots on BBC Iplayer.

Hilarious, awkward and at the end quite disturbing when they showed a doll of an obviously under-age girl.

Back