• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Well, I'm assuming Brown will go against the old adage and WILL be changing a winning team, given his previous comments about Craig Reid, but will that be the only change?

I see on the Daggers website that one of their players has been put on stand-by for NI u-21 duty, given that Thompson is the captain of that International outfit I assume therefore that he's unavailable both tomorrow night and Saturday. Let's hope that Phillips is fit again then or we really are down to the bare bones at the back.

I guess the other question is does he use this as an opportunity to give competitive match time to fringe or younger players (basically the whole bench from Saturday) or does he try not to disrupt things too much?

My predicted starting line-up is:

Bentley​

White Phillips Prosser Coker

Hurst Leonard Timlin Payne

Reid Woodrow​

Not sure Phillips will be fit , but wouldn't chance him anyway if there's some doubt.

Would go for

Bentley

Auger White Prosser Coker

Payne Leonard Timlin Straker

Reid Woodrow

...given that Thompson is the captain of that International outfit I assume therefore that he's unavailable both tomorrow night and Saturday.

Just confirmed by the club on Twitter that Thompson will miss the next two games because of international duties! :sad:

No big loss if Phillips is fit, for me Thompson struggles to mark at set pieces and often loses his man in a lot of chances that we offer to opposing forwards.

I'd like to see some of the lads we haven't seen so much of lately such as Smith & Reid get an outing (you can always bring Dan on if it goes to pens).
I'd also like Auger to play & keep Clifford going while he's playing well.

Just confirmed by the club on Twitter that Thompson will miss the next two games because of international duties! :sad:

With that in mind, surely this is the perfect time to get another 30 day loan player in to cover CB (especially as i think Prosser in only 1 yellow away from a ban).

No big loss if Phillips is fit, for me Thompson struggles to mark at set pieces and often loses his man in a lot of chances that we offer to opposing forwards.

Which I don't think he will be so not having Thompson could be a big miss!

I'd be very happy if PB fields as strong a side as possible. Ideally the one that finished at Oxford to try and maintain that winning habit. Don't know about the rest of you, but I would love another trip to Wembley.

Maybe it will have to be Corr at CB then, giving Reid his chance up top with Woodrow.

I'd want us to go for this - I want to actually win this flipping trophy!

Smith
Auger Prosser White Coker
Hurst Leonard Clifford Payne
Corr Reid

id klike to see

T.Smith
Auger,Prosser, Banton, Coker
Hurst, Edwards, Clifford, Pinnock
Ried Njie

but think it'll be:

P.smith
Augar, White, Prosser, Coker
Hurst, Leonard, Clifford, Straker
Corr, Ried

id klike to see

T.Smith
Auger,Prosser, Banton, Coker
Hurst, Edwards, Clifford, Pinnock
Ried Njie

Most of that team aren't in the 20 man squad, and you are only allowed to make 5 changes to the previous league squad.

I think Brown will make 3 or 4 changes to give Reid, Timlin, Payne some game time.

Few hints from Brown, reckon he will go:

Smith

Hurst Clifford Payne Timlin

Reid Woodrow

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 Protected account 5h Phil Brown hinted earlier that Paul Smith, Michael Timlin, Jack Payne & Craig Reid could all start for Blues.

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 Protected account 4h
If Phillips fails to make it tomorrow, Brown revealed White or Coker could switch to centre-back. Auger & Edwards also in his thoughts.

Brown also admitted he was disappointed Josh Banton was out with an ankle injury.

Anyone heard anything about which stands are open?

£7 on the day sounds great, if I get back from work at a decent time then I'm certainly tempted by this!

Anyone heard anything about which stands are open?

£7 on the day sounds great, if I get back from work at a decent time then I'm certainly tempted by this!

Lets hope 31,000 others don't have the same idea - it will be pandemonium

Smith

Reid Woodrow

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 Protected account 5h Phil Brown hinted earlier that Paul Smith, Michael Timlin, Jack Payne & Craig Reid could all start for Blues.

If Phillips fails to make it tomorrow, Brown revealed White or Coker could switch to centre-back. Auger & Edwards also in his thoughts.

Brown also admitted he was disappointed Josh Banton was out with an ankle injury.

Sounds to me as though he has no interest in progressing in the competition...:sad:

Smith

Reid Woodrow

I'm expecting changes but hopefully not too many. Keep the right mix with youth and experience, I'd like to see Ryan Auger as I've heard very good things about him but this is a competition I want to win.

Mick has done the honours with a proper Refwatch report, but I have just noticed that tonight's referee is Gavin Ward :stunned:

Predicting a 17-3 win

The three we concede all Smiths fault so haters can continue to hate!
Woodrow to get 1, Reid with 1, Payne and hurst hattricks, and the rest.. who cares?

Back