• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
I've just received my Prediction League reminder from DoDTS which also reminded me that we yet another game on Tuesday away to our old mates Bury FC. For those of you that arn't aware Tuesday is also pancake day so I hope that is not an omen.

As for team selection, barring injury, I can't see Mr Powell moving away from yesterday's starting eleven. Bury got a point yesterday and as they are currently bottom of the FL1 they will be desperate for points. So it will be a tough game I think.

On the basis of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' we have

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand Turner Coker
McLaughlin Yearwood Timlin Kightly
Cox Fortune

I'm going for a 1-1 draw although we could just nick it 1-0.

I do think we might start Ladapo, two matches in 4 days with another big match at home next Saturday might be a bit much for Fortune - took quite a bad knock too yesterday.

I do think we might start Ladapo, two matches in 4 days with another big match at home next Saturday might be a bit much for Fortune - took quite a bad knock too yesterday.

Either starting will do. The first team is automatic now, it'll be tough for anyone that's currently out.

4 games unbeaten, Bury.

Not that SCP will, but they're not too be messed with, I think.

With JW injured and Kiernan still not close , my concern is how long we can get through ‘injury wise’ with Turner and Ferdinand ?
Bury on Tuesday and then Portsmouth would be 3 games on 8 days - too much ?

perhaps he will give KYPS a run if need be, I noticed the bench on saturday was full of youths ,BISHOP, ELVIS KYPS KLASS HARRISON,was this out of neccessity becoz of injuries i think not.No Robinson on the bench. But its good to see SCP is not afraid to use the young fellas, it will give them all confidence knowing they have a manager whose not afraid to use them.

Obviously you would instantly say, keep the same team.
However, questions have to be asked as to whether certain players can play 3 games in 8 days. Especially when 2 of them are on our unforgiving pitch. I can't imagine that Bury's pitch is amazing at this time of year either.
Yearwood playing that many games of 'mens' football when he's only 17 may be too much. His body is still developing and it could take it's toll. It's a decision that Powell has to make, then again we don't have a replacement waiting in the wings anyway.

Having beaten three of the better sides - we now play a straggler who have picked up a bit of form. Another reunion with Peter Clarke and Adam Thompson is likely to be on the bench again.

Several of ours looked completely knackered yesterday having given their all. Lets hope enough have recovered sufficiently.

Having beaten three of the better sides - we now play a straggler who have picked up a bit of form. Another reunion with Peter Clarke and Adam Thompson is likely to be on the bench again.

Several of ours looked completely knackered yesterday having given their all. Lets hope enough have recovered sufficiently.

Yes - but Bury played on Saturday as well so it is the same for both teams.

You may well be right on the knackered front, but it's amazing what a victory, and in Fortuné's case a goal, will do. When you've won, and played well, the last thing you want to happen is to lose your place. I have no doubt that our bench will play a much bigger part on Tuesday, but I still think he will start with Saturday's first choices.

Ladapo looks a 'big nuisance' player and Harrison looks very confident on the ball, so both could feature soon after the second half starts. More probable if we are winning. (Jeez, I wouldn't have dared make that statement a month ago).

perhaps he will give KYPS a run if need be, I noticed the bench on saturday was full of youths ,BISHOP, ELVIS KYPS KLASS HARRISON,was this out of neccessity becoz of injuries i think not.No Robinson on the bench. But its good to see SCP is not afraid to use the young fellas, it will give them all confidence knowing they have a manager whose not afraid to use them.

As they say,if you're good enough you're old enough,look at Dru he's 17!!!!!:winking:

I don't buy this the pitch no matter how poor is the same for both sides .Surly the home team has an advantage as they play on the pitch every other week .So they must have a slight edge . I have heard it said many times about the state of pitches how its the same for both teams .

May dip into the squad for this one. MAF for ladapo maybe. Kightly for maglash....
Ideally we get the same 11 that is on fire at the moment....tired bodies may say different

Don't think anyone will want to stand down for the starting line up. If anyone starts to fade in the second half, think CP will make earlier substitutions than normal. Im going for 2-0 win, a month ago it would be a 2-0 defeat !:smile:
May dip into the squad for this one. MAF for ladapo maybe. Kightly for maglash....
Ideally we get the same 11 that is on fire at the moment....tired bodies may say different

I’d be inclined to use the knock that MAF took as a reason to rest him completely on Tuesday and give Ladapo the start. Mantom to take the extra spot on the bench. Otherwise, as you were for me.

As they say,if you're good enough you're old enough,look at Dru he's 17!!!!!:winking:

Dru will turn 18 on Saturday I believe

Watching him in the last 3 games it’s hard to believe he is still a kid, he improves with every game and must learn so much from the senior pros. Wouldn’t surprise me if someone like Spurs (given the SCP connection) start sniffing round soon, he’s such a prospect

As for Tuesday, hard to say - Cox and MAF / Dru and Timlin/ AF and Turner have proved to be great pairings, but mid 2nd half a few seemed to have run out of steam, Bury pitch, like ours, could take its toll?! That said, unless fitness is a concern I reckon same XI will start. I have a good feeling we can take the points.

The players must be buzzing at the moment, I dont think anyone in their wildest dreams expected 3 wins from Powell's first 3 games especially considering the opposition. SCP might make one or two changes, possibly Lapado upfront, I'm going for a 2-0 win!

This looks like a win on paper and the players confidence will be sky high, it will be a lot harder game I think than most realise, I'm going for a draw as everything seems to be going to well at the moment, I'll take another 3 points tho:thumbsup:

I think the Bury game will one of the toughest since CP arrived. We weren’t expected to win on Saturday and Wigan looked as though they thought they only had to turn up to win and came unstuck. For the first time for a while we will be favourites and that could be our undoing. Unless we’re on the top of our game from the outset and maintain the high tempo which has been successful recently we could regret it. Bury are fighting for their lives and we have to be ready for it.

Last edited:
Back