• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes, the situation of cars trying to leave the car park by the Club shop after full time whilst fans are still walking out... every week, aggressive drivers virtually hitting people as they cant be patient to wait for the 100's on foot to walk out - Situation seems to have got worse this season, only a matter of time before a small kid gets run over. Add to that the idots trying to drive IN to the ground at full time (presumably to pick up family). PLEASE can the club prevent ALL cars leaving or entering via the club shop for 5-10 mins at the end of game?

That is a very good point. I heartily agree stopping those coming INTO the car park immediately after the match. It's injury (if not more) just waiting to happen. Is there any way a one-way system could be used after the match?

Yes, the situation of cars trying to leave the car park by the Club shop after full time whilst fans are still walking out... every week, aggressive drivers virtually hitting people as they cant be patient to wait for the 100's on foot to walk out - Situation seems to have got worse this season, only a matter of time before a small kid gets run over. Add to that the idots trying to drive IN to the ground at full time (presumably to pick up family). PLEASE can the club prevent ALL cars leaving or entering via the club shop for 5-10 mins at the end of game?

Prevent cars entering for 10 mins and section off a walkway area for those on foot - it's wide enough. Mind you many of those on foot would probably still use the area designated for cars - it's not just drivers at fault.

I can vaguely remember completing a supporter survey on line at the end of last season as part of the eight through the gate initiative. What were the results of the survey - were they ever made public? And what's happened to Eight through the gate?

Who edits and checks the programme content? The last four programmes have had us losing 4-1 at Peterborough ( and Demetriou's goal given to Fortune) and beating Northampton at home 2-1. The Walsall home attendance is incorrect ( the Coventry away attendance is used again). These errors are embarrassing and unprofessional. There is more and more old photographic content and less written content. Is this the future?

Kits for me!

You can add me to the small list of people who want both new shirts available to buy at Meet The Blues Day, up until a few years ago, we were all able to buy both shirts there and then.

Would it also be possible for the club to release images of the new kits a few weeks before MTBD? Again, this is something they used to do but all we get now are teasers/extreme close ups of the club crest sewn onto some blue fabric and this helps no one :smiles:

Nothing big, but I've recently found some of my old shirts that still fit. Thing is, most of the sponsors have worn off. Do the club still possess Insureandgo logos so I'm able to get the shirts looking better than what they currently do?

Another Q, will the end of season awards all be left for the 'gala dinner' again like last year? Was a shame not to have it presented in front of a full Roots Hall.

Prevent cars entering for 10 mins and section off a walkway area for those on foot - it's wide enough. Mind you many of those on foot would probably still use the area designated for cars - it's not just drivers at fault.

There is a clearly defined walkway area across the top car park, trouble is people don't stick to it and it's not clearly marked! I thoroughly agree that cars should not be allowed to enter the main car park while the massed ranks of supporters are trying to leave so no entry for 15 minutes minimum at the end of a game. I noticed Charlton's main car park was kept closed by barriers at the end of the game on Saturday.

As mentioned before, i would like to see Block X open up, if not all of the block, would like to see the one half be open, and make it unallocated.
I know block W can sometimes get rather packed with the bigger games. Just from a H&S point of view this would be a good idea, just to spread the standing section open a bit more.

Snr.

I'm with everyone what they've been saying on here. RH is a ***** hole in many ways and I want to know what improvements the club are going to carry out.

I'm surprised we don't have supporters that have 2 heads after visiting our toilets on match days :stunned:

I think it would be good to let the club know the improvements of the ladies toilets have been noticed and thank them very much especially as we now have hot water yes HOT water. Great improvement although as Kay said the toilets were not flushing at the last home game.
One thing that does gripe me is the back walkway of the West. It is becoming impossible,to even walk along here now as the space is so narrow. We have extensive queues forming for the tea bar which reduces the space also at the back of the West stand there are many wheelchair users however, some of those wheelchairs are rather large rather than your run of the mill wheelchair. That added with the queues for the tea bar and the back area of the West becomes impassable.
Also can we not ask the stewards to keep all gangeways clear as often people stand on the stairs to natter thus blocking people from being able to go up and down easily.
Perhaps it could also be mentioned after the game the road in Shakesphere Drive. Is there any chance the club could talk to the police about closing the road for 10 mins after the game allowing time for the crowd to disperse. How no-one has been knocked down I really don't know.

Thanks Ken

Who edits and checks the programme content? The last four programmes have had us losing 4-1 at Peterborough ( and Demetriou's goal given to Fortune) and beating Northampton at home 2-1. The Walsall home attendance is incorrect ( the Coventry away attendance is used again). These errors are embarrassing and unprofessional. There is more and more old photographic content and less written content. Is this the future?

Glad it's not just me that's noticed this. I reckon if I went through every programme I have, there would be at least 2 errors in each one - that is 2 too many. This has been a problem for a number of years now, and needs looking at.

Was the road being shut for 10 mins outside the west stand discussed? another incident today.

Was the road being shut for 10 mins outside the west stand discussed? another incident today.

OMG no. What happened? It is awful coming out of there with the footpath being so narrow and cars parked both sides. It wouldn't hurt to close the road for 10 mins after the game.

OMG no. What happened? It is awful coming out of there with the footpath being so narrow and cars parked both sides. It wouldn't hurt to close the road for 10 mins after the game.

Group of young lads (Pushing a friend in a wheel chair, so they couldn’t even get out the road) didn’t move out the way. Driver seemed to sped up slightly towards the group, and the boys complained she had run over a foot (wasn’t sure if they where joking or not) but someone said they had reported her to police and had photo of number plate. All unnecessary and avoidable is she had a minutes patience or the road was closed!

Group of young lads (Pushing a friend in a wheel chair, so they couldn’t even get out the road) didn’t move out the way. Driver seemed to sped up slightly towards the group, and the boys complained she had run over a foot (wasn’t sure if they where joking or not) but someone said they had reported her to police and had photo of number plate. All unnecessary and avoidable is she had a minutes patience or the road was closed!

Sometimes I think some people purposely speed up. There is an accident waiting to happen on that road

Back