• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The results yesterday put Southend basically one game from the playoffs. A good run coming up and the team is well entrenched in the top six. Could be massively worse.

Orient are in dire straights. Sad to see TBH, as a local derby is far more exciting that a game against some northern club.

Or Stockport County. Look where they are now, and we were relegated with them 7 years ago!
We're back in League 1 and mid table.

Well said!...I enjoy this site a lot but there are some posters who seem to lack a sense of perspective at times!...I feel so sorry for the O's supporters
To reflect that however bad we things are, and they really are not, we could be Orient fans

I still find it hard to believe that Danny Macklin went there with the position they're in! Obviously relishes a challenge!

I still find it hard to believe that Danny Macklin went there with the position they're in! Obviously relishes a challenge!

What's the deal with Danny Macklin. He was sitting in the directors box on Tuesday which is unusual for ex staff, apart from Tilly. Even AB had to sit with the Col U non playing staff.

What's the deal with Danny Macklin. He was sitting in the directors box on Tuesday which is unusual for ex staff, apart from Tilly. Even AB had to sit with the Col U non playing staff.

He wasn't ex-staff on Tuesday, his employment was up to 10th Nov.

Somewhere there is a war, a genocide, a famine or an earthquake etc.. we can always be glad that we are not in the position of so many others. However, and to keep a focus, we don't have to measure our success by who we are ahead of but look to who we are behind of. We are indeed fortunate to be in a situation where we can have hope and aspiration, largely down to RM despite his critics, but as I have stated so many times before, we do not have to settle for what we have. Look up and look forward and try to add to the list of those left in our wake.

However, and to keep a focus, we don't have to measure our success by who we are ahead of but look to who we are behind of. We are indeed fortunate to be in a situation where we can have hope and aspiration, largely down to RM despite his critics, but as I have stated so many times before, we do not have to settle for what we have. Look up and look forward and try to add to the list of those left in our wake.

We should, however, be wary of those that have failed because of unrealistic aims.

We've already had one Icarus experience.

Hope to improve, yes, but only when the time is right and there is a contingency for failure.

A lot of these clubs had no contingency and just went 'all-in' for the holy grail.

I play in a 6 a side league over in Hull which obviously has a lot of Hull fans in it and they genuinely are starting to fear for their club. The owner still wants to sell with no buyers coming forward and the atmosphere towards him at the ground is openly hostile. The fear is for them that if they get relegated from the championship they could well go into freefall.

To put it bluntly they are slightly envious of Southend being a stable club with a potentially bright future, oh and the majority would have brown back in the blink of an eye.

Well said!...I enjoy this site a lot but there are some posters who seem to lack a sense of perspective at times!...I feel so sorry for the O's supporters

Is this for real? Just take a look back at twitter feeds when we lost to Burton and they thought they were Championship bound. the abuse we took was ridiculous. If for one minute you think any Os fans (and i know a few) would have any sympathy if the roles were reversed then you are very mistaken. You are where you are, thats football. however, be sympathetic towards that lot, not for me!:winking:

Mods, it's a good topic, but as its not SUFC related, can you merge it with the already existing Non League: Leyton Orient thread in "General Football forum.

I play in a 6 a side league over in Hull which obviously has a lot of Hull fans in it and they genuinely are starting to fear for their club. The owner still wants to sell with no buyers coming forward and the atmosphere towards him at the ground is openly hostile. The fear is for them that if they get relegated from the championship they could well go into freefall.

To put it bluntly they are slightly envious of Southend being a stable club with a potentially bright future, oh and the majority would have brown back in the blink of an eye.

In my experience at Hull the atmosphere towards everyone at the ground is openly hostile. The place is a hell hole , with the scum of the earth in great quantities lurking about. I remember how our coach windows got smashed in + we saw 2 people take a huge beating . I didnt like the way the tannoy announcer only read out the Hull team with absolutely no mention of the away teams line up ( total disrespect)

I'd rather local teams like Orient were up the leagues and teams like Hull floundering in non league. Call me barbaric , but i always like to see Col Ewe , Braintree , Chelmsford , Billericay etc do well in their respective leagues - although i have to admit if West Ham went down i would absolutely love it ; - )

Back