• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

Just seen these two tweets:

Theresa May:
Tues: - Bans TV Debates
Wed: - Bans Public from her event
Thur: - Bans Press from her event
Fri: - Bans factory workers asking questions during her visit

Theresa May's Director of Communications & Press Secretary have quit.

Of course it is. I was born into a Labour voting house, and a dad who believed in the Unions so maybe I get my political affiliations from him, but we had quite a fractious relationship so you'd think I'd be a dyed in the wool Tory.

MK Jnr can make up her own mind at 18, but I'll tell you one thing, I will make sure she votes in 2028.

I assume that doesn't extend to what team she supports...

So, Corbyn and Labour today decide to attack the government on infant/primary class sizes. My God! there are SO many areas in education (teacher morale and numbers, new grammar schools) where the Tories can be rightly taken to task. Yet, Labour launch an attack using a TINY minority of oversized classes and claiming that the situation is getting worse,.......which it apparently isn't..............well, only in Wales, where Labour are in control! Their arguments were effectively and embarrassingly torn to pieces on the World at One, a short time ago. Verdict, Labour need to do better, one hell of a lot better. If this is the quality of their argument and debate, they will get the drubbing they deserve......pathetic, sorry:angry:

Saw Labour's Shadow Education Minister on the Daily Politics earlier, unable to say what maximum class sizes would be under Labour.Oh well perhaps the answer will be in next week's manifesto.

According to Tangled and his 'horse shoe' theory, you are no different to your average BNP supporter.

Hmm, I thought this thread was supposedly going to be different from the usual bickering, obviously not.

rigsby;1957370[B said:
]According to Tangled and his 'horse shoe' theory, you are no different to your average BNP supporter[/B].

Hmm, I thought this thread was supposedly going to be different from the usual bickering, obviously not.

I'd say that was a misreading of the horseshoe theory (which is certainly not my idea, BTW).

My understanding of the theory,FWIW,is that people at the extremes of the political spectrum have more in common than they might think.

Wouldn't say that MKS is on the extreme end of the left-wing spectrum,in any case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory

Saw Labour's Shadow Education Minister on the Daily Politics earlier, unable to say what maximum class sizes would be under Labour.Oh well perhaps the answer will be in next week's manifesto.

Barna, I'm afraid it all sounded totally shambolic and amateurish, they really need to sharpen up their act..............and fast! As you know, this doesn't come from a Labour supporter but from someone who, at all costs, doesn't want to see a Tory landslide.

I'd say that was a misreading of the horseshoe theory (which is certainly not my idea, BTW).

My understanding of the theory,FWIW,is that people at the extremes of the political spectrum have more in common than they might think.

Wouldn't say that MKS is on the extreme end of the left-wing spectrum,in any case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory

Exactly what I thought. So I haven't misread it then.

Lib Dems have ruled out a pact with Labour apparently.
SNP moose, Sturgen getting on my wick already.
Abbott should be gagged for the good of everyone.
Both Simon Hughes and Vince Cable are going to stand.
It's not going to be the walkover many are predicting.
And the **** reporter who asked Corbyn if he would resign on June 9th should be gagged, bagged and chucked down a mine shaft just for jollies, what a rick with a silent P.

Interesting, everything I have heard from Vince always makes sense and personally he would be my choice to be in charge of our economy. Not that it's likely to happen but I suppose there is a slim chance of another coalition so Vince would at least have a say. I think it'll be a tory landslide and a very low turnout though, not a May fan but she knows what she is doing.

Interesting, everything I have heard from Vince always makes sense and personally he would be my choice to be in charge of our economy. Not that it's likely to happen but I suppose there is a slim chance of another coalition so Vince would at least have a say. I think it'll be a tory landslide and a very low turnout though, not a May fan but she knows what she is doing.

Vince gave an economics lecture at my old job and was very convincing, and a really nice bloke.

I was West Ham at 5, my dad's team. No guarantees mate :winking:

Apparently one of my first phrases when I was a toddler was 'up the 'ammers', because I was born and raised in the east end and my parents friends were West Ham fans. Fortunately by the time I was getting into football I was safely in SS9.

Vince gave an economics lecture at my old job and was very convincing, and a really nice bloke.

It just seems like there is no smoke and mirrors with him, he can articulate what he thinks should be done, how and furthermore feasibly!

Gonna be an interesting contest in Twickenham.

Back