• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm back baby. Had a small hiatus abroad, but seeing as its the return of the people's champ tomorrow night, what better time for me to step out of the shadows & offer some totally worthless predictions & some mind-bendingly confusing opinions!

It's been a long time coming, which in truth had been an often unlikely scenario, but as if by some gypsy magic, the undefeated, true lineal champ is finally ready to make his return. Ok, ok, It's an exhibition fight, that on paper at least, isn't much of a contest. But this fight, and presumably the next few to follow, won't be about big names, belts or climbing rankings, this/these fights will be allow Fury to shake off some ring rust, and get to grips with the sport again.

Very rarely can any sportsman take 30 months off, and still retain that same special spark. Has he still got it? Is he shot?

Either way, it's great to see Tyson ready to step back between the ropes tomorrow night. Boxing needs him.

From 27 stone down to 19 stone Ben Davidson has done wonders with him. He’s built a great bond with Tyson and helped massively with his mental state. The Mac is back and he’s ready to win back his belts and get that last one he never got the chance to win.

I’d like to see him fight Briggs after this fight as they’ve been exchanging tweets and talking to each other via social media.

Agree with you GBJ it’s great to see the best boxer in the heavyweight division back!

All hail the Gypsy King!:nope:

Still hacked off by the showboating and lack of fight on Saturday night! atrocious matchmaking. I get what GBJ and Ricey are saying about wiping off the cobwebs, but it should of at least been a bit of a contest for him, The ****** doesn't need an ego boost, its far too big already!

David Haye retires, though in boxing it seems that's never a permanent thing.

Something that should've happened a long time ago. Should never have come back but that's what happens when you're skint and splashed all your cash on your lavish lifestyle. He's boosted Tony Bellew's stock though.

All hail the Gypsy King!:nope:

Still hacked off by the showboating and lack of fight on Saturday night! atrocious matchmaking. I get what GBJ and Ricey are saying about wiping off the cobwebs, but it should of at least been a bit of a contest for him, The ****** doesn't need an ego boost, its far too big already!

It was expected, Seferi was a joke and it was more of an exhibition than a fight. And from the videos i've seen of the crowd there was better fights going on there than there was in the ring. Now that shambles is out of the way he can be put in with a live opponent. Someone to give him a fight and for him to get some proper rounds, the likes of a Lucas Browne, Bermane Stiverne, Charles Martin, Carlos Takam or someone of that ilk. A live opponent who isn't going to cause too much issues but will help actually get the ring rust off and gauge where Tyson is actually at.

Something that should've happened a long time ago. Should never have come back but that's what happens when you're skint and splashed all your cash on your lavish lifestyle. He's boosted Tony Bellew's stock though.

It was expected, Seferi was a joke and it was more of an exhibition than a fight. And from the videos i've seen of the crowd there was better fights going on there than there was in the ring. Now that shambles is out of the way he can be put in with a live opponent. Someone to give him a fight and for him to get some proper rounds, the likes of a Lucas Browne, Bermane Stiverne, Charles Martin, Carlos Takam or someone of that ilk. A live opponent who isn't going to cause too much issues but will help actually get the ring rust off and gauge where Tyson is actually at.

I'd like to see a Fury Takam fight, that for me would be worth tuning in for, and like you said start to gauge quite where Tyson is..

Been a bit quiet in here lately.

Anyone watch Pacquiao at the weekend? That bloke is on the juice! A guy that hasn't knocked anyone out since 2009 and then knocks out Matthysse but also had him down 3 times! This is the same Pacquiao that lost to Jeff Horn. Something doesn't smell right with that, but then again i'd like to see this new Pacquiao smash up Amir Khan.

Anyone watch Pacquiao at the weekend? That bloke is on the juice! A guy that hasn't knocked anyone out since 2009 and then knocks out Matthysse but also had him down 3 times! This is the same Pacquiao that lost to Jeff Horn. Something doesn't smell right with that, but then again i'd like to see this new Pacquiao smash up Amir Khan.

Think the world cup put every other sport on the backburner for most! I did see the highlights of Pacquiao, I didn't realise it was his 1st knock out since 2009 though! I think everyone would love to see Khan get smashed, by anyone.

Quite looking forward to the Chisora vs Takam fight in a couple of weeks, think that will be a toe to toe scrap

Think the world cup put every other sport on the backburner for most! I did see the highlights of Pacquiao, I didn't realise it was his 1st knock out since 2009 though! I think everyone would love to see Khan get smashed, by anyone.

Quite looking forward to the Chisora vs Takam fight in a couple of weeks, think that will be a toe to toe scrap

Yep, that will be a good fight that. I'm also hearing that Brook has pulled out of the Cook fight and Eubank Jr is being added to that card. Don't know the truth in that as Eubank Jr is supposed to be the reserve for the Groves v Smith WBSS Final.

I hope Parker smashes Whyte, he is the most overrated and over hyped fighter of recent times. That fight is not PPV and even when you look down the card there are some decent dust ups but not PPV worthy.

Yep, that will be a good fight that. I'm also hearing that Brook has pulled out of the Cook fight and Eubank Jr is being added to that card. Don't know the truth in that as Eubank Jr is supposed to be the reserve for the Groves v Smith WBSS Final.

I hope Parker smashes Whyte, he is the most overrated and over hyped fighter of recent times. That fight is not PPV and even when you look down the card there are some decent dust ups but not PPV worthy.

Eubank Jnr on a matchroom card? not sure I believe that rumour, I've been wrong before though.

I didn't mind this being PPV but because the overall card, not the main event. I'll be paying for it. Whyte is an odd one. You'd say from his record and a single loss to AJ that he deserves a crack at bigger fights but in my eyes he lost to Chisora and hasn't fought much quality. Parker is a big test and will show us if Whyte really does have talent.

Eubank Jnr on a matchroom card? not sure I believe that rumour, I've been wrong before though.

I didn't mind this being PPV but because the overall card, not the main event. I'll be paying for it. Whyte is an odd one. You'd say from his record and a single loss to AJ that he deserves a crack at bigger fights but in my eyes he lost to Chisora and hasn't fought much quality. Parker is a big test and will show us if Whyte really does have talent.

A very reliable source is where I got it from. They also said about Joshua's next two fights being at Wembley in Sept and April and this was 2 months ago. But we shall see, just because it's on a matchroom promotion doesn't mean he has to sign with matchroom. Hearn has to justify that PPV. The main event alone isn't PPV and neither is both that and the Takam fight. And then all you've got left really is the prospects and Buatsi was suppose to have his first test against Summers but he's now pulled out and Brook not on the card either. Bringing Eubank onto the card would attract a lot more interest.

A very reliable source is where I got it from. They also said about Joshua's next two fights being at Wembley in Sept and April and this was 2 months ago. But we shall see, just because it's on a matchroom promotion doesn't mean he has to sign with matchroom. Hearn has to justify that PPV. The main event alone isn't PPV and neither is both that and the Takam fight. And then all you've got left really is the prospects and Buatsi was suppose to have his first test against Summers but he's now pulled out and Brook not on the card either. Bringing Eubank onto the card would attract a lot more interest.

I'm hoping Brook is still good but Eubank Jnr isn't too disappointing if it goes that way.

Edit, looks like Brook is already out so fingers crossed your source is correct

I'm hoping Brook is still good but Eubank Jnr isn't too disappointing if it goes that way.

Edit, looks like Brook is already out so fingers crossed your source is correct

I would've gone to this but it looks like i'm on a job in America. I do enjoy the shows that Matchroom put on at the o2 its always a good night. I think the Takam v Chisora card will be the best of the night.

Pacman has his life long friend and first person to train him Boboy now as his trainer , new training regime .. If you were inferring by your "it dosent smell right "statement that Pacman is on drugs of some sort , you my friend are totally out of order, he would and never has stooped to do that and never will.

Pacman has his life long friend and first person to train him Boboy now as his trainer , new training regime .. If you were inferring by your "it dosent smell right "statement that Pacman is on drugs of some sort , you my friend are totally out of order, he would and never has stooped to do that and never will.

Well this is awkward:
https://globalnews.ca/news/2971958/...to-past-meth-cocaine-use-amid-drug-crackdown/

I know that’s not the drugs I’m on about but from a boxing fan who watches many guys fail for drugs all the time. I can’t help but think he has been juicing. His back in his last fight was huge! He fought in a country where they didn’t carry out any compulsory drug testing and got his first KO in nearly 10 years against a guy who doesn’t go down often. I’m sorry but in my opinion something doesn’t smell right. Whether you think that’s out of order or not thats your opinion. Bet Lance Armstrong has people saying that same thing to people accusing him of cheating.

Tony Bellew calling our Usyk after a masterclass against Gassiev is hilarious! Usyk is the real deal and I hope he goes up to HW because he will beat AJ!

Tony Bellew calling our Usyk after a masterclass against Gassiev is hilarious! Usyk is the real deal and I hope he goes up to HW because he will beat AJ!

I read it was the other way round, Usyk didn't so much call Bellew out but said he would like to fight him next. It looks like that might go ahead according to reports today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/44828536

Thought this was an interesting read on what Bellew does next. Must say he seems to have his head screwed on

I was listening to TalkSport the other morning, and they also said it was Usyk calling out Bellow, not the other way around.

The normal boxing hype, that one wants the fight to happen, the other doesn't give an immediate answer......either way one of them has to gain a few pounds or lose some in order for the fight for the fight to happen.

Either which way, on any weight division between the two, my money is Usyk.....The guy looks class.

To be fair, I think Matthysse is shot, he's always struggled with top level fighters, Garcia, Alexander, Judah, even Postel registered KO fairly recently, and he's far from being known as a KO artist. I just think where Matthysse relied a little too much on power, he's been in too many wars, and time is catching up with him quicker than most.

That's not to dismiss the Pacman rumours entirely, he's been dogged by them for years (eights weight world title holder is almost impossible to believe). But I think a Manny KO against Matthysse is a little easier to fathom than you give credit for, especially with a change in trainer.

Agree on the Khan point, although I'd imagine Khan would probably go in as slight favourite, given age and recent form.

Tonight’s fight at the o2 is 100% not PPV worthy. The way the undercard has fallen to pieces proves that too. If they were going to have it at PPV then have it as a reasonable price for instance £9.99. The WBSS final of the cruiserweights was that price and well worth the money even if you didn’t know either Usyk or Gassiev.

I’d like to see tonight:

Parker KO Whyte in a similar style to how AJ did so I can get this picture out again:

1532771754115.jpeg

Chisora and Takam to have an outright war with Chisora nicking it on points.

Dave Allen to pull off a shock and beat Nick Webb.

I’d like to see Buatsi, Fowler and Benn put on performances, they really need step ups Eddie can’t wrap them in cotton wool their whole career.

Not bothered in the slightest about Katie Taylor.

The big fight is in the early hours of Sunday morning anyway with Mikey Garcia fighting Robert Easter Jr. I can see Garcia pulling off a masterclass here with a big statement stoppage win. He is 100% in the top 5 p4p, shame he just doesn’t get the recognition he deserves.

Back