• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Ground Cost?

Up the Shrimpers

Life President
OK here goes we have no idea what the new ground will look like until late September.  But it is going to cost £25 million it may sound alot but just look what the following grounds cost to build:-

Huddersfield 24,000 capacity £40 million
Swansea 20,000 capacity £30 million
Coventry 32,000 capacity £172 million
Brighton 22,374 capacity projected cost £50 million

How can we build a 22,000 capacity ground for just £25 million?

Either its gonna look sh!t or Ron has managed a trade discount?!!..

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Aug. 03 2006,17:01)]Sunderland ground with 42'000 seat & its only cost £16 Million to build!
I heard the council threw in the whole of Sunderland to sweeten the deal.

How did Coventry's ground cost so much more than everyone elses? Did everyone else manage to read the instructions for assembling the flat-pack stadium?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ Aug. 03 2006,16:16)]OK here goes we have no idea what the new ground will look like until late September.  But it is going to cost £25 million it may sound alot but just look what the following grounds cost to build:-

Huddersfield 24,000 capacity £40 million
Swansea 20,000 capacity £30 million
Coventry 32,000 capacity £172 million
Brighton 22,374 capacity projected cost £50 million

How can we build a 22,000 capacity ground for just £25 million?
This isn't really a fair comparison. A lot of the cost comes from purchasing the site and the ground works to clear and prepare the site before a brink is even laid, not to mention things like access roads.

If you have a decent, uncontaminated site, with good transport links you can bulid a very smart stadium for relatively little. If not, it can be a bottomless pit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Aug. 03 2006,17:01)]Sunderland ground with 42'000 seat & its only cost £16 Million to build!
I think the final cost of Sunderland's ground was about £23 million. £16 million was the original cost for a 34,000 capacity but they changed the design & increased capacity during building the ground. Also that was 9 years ago now building costs have gone up quite a bit since then.

As for Coventry I think the cost might have only been about £112 million as have found some more details. If you want silly costs isn't the Emirates Stadium costing about £390 million and the New Wembley £750 million
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ Aug. 03 2006,19:56)]New Wembley £750 million
wow.gif
the way its going the New Wembley will cost nothing  
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ Aug. 03 2006,19:56)]
[b said:
I think the final cost of Sunderland's ground was about £23 million.  £16 million was the original cost for a 34,000 capacity but they changed the design & increased capacity during building the ground.  Also that was 9 years ago now building costs have gone up quite a bit since then.

As for Coventry I think the cost might have only been about £112 million as have found some more details.  If you want silly costs isn't the Emirates Stadium costing about £390 million and the New Wembley £750 million
wow.gif
The emeriates was building X number of homes along with the stadium and a few roads too.

I suspect if anyone has contacts within the building trade that may result in costs being driven down, it'll be RM...

Back