• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we bring back the death penalty

Should we bring back the death penalty -

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KrustyTheKray

President
Having watched the excellent film 'The Green Mile' on film4 this weekend, should we bring back capital punishment?

If so what method and what crimes should it be used for?

Discuss.

Anyone who rapes a child simply doesn't deserve to live the rest of their life IMO. I also think cold blooded murder [where guilt is either admitted by the perpetrator or proved beyond all doubt] should be punishable by death.

Sadly, I just don't trust the system enough to give it that kind of power.

Besides which, surely slowly rotting at Her Majesty's Pleasure is a more appropriate punishement than a swift and painless ending?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Aug. 14 2006,15:02)]Besides which, surely slowly rotting at Her Majesty's Pleasure is a more appropriate punishement than a swift and painless ending?
Who has been locked up for life (an actual lifetime, not 15 years) though in recent years apart from the highest profile child killers?

Reggie and Ronnie Kray, oddly enough, are the only ones that come to mind.

Though they only ever attacked their own and would just as soon be spotted 'elping me old Grandma across the road with 'er shoppin' etc etc etc

1) death penalty = muder = just as bad
2) you can't change you mind afterwards
3) who gives us the right to take away life
4) it would be a step backwards

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Aug. 14 2006,15:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Aug. 14 2006,15:02)]Besides which, surely slowly rotting at Her Majesty's Pleasure is a more appropriate punishement than a swift and painless ending?
Who has been locked up for life (an actual lifetime, not 15 years) though in recent years apart from the highest profile child killers?
Didn't the Rettendon Range Rover killers get a hefty stretch?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Aug. 14 2006,15:06)]
[b said:
To date people like Harry Roberts, Dennis Nilsen, The Black Panther bloke, Sutcliffe.

There are probably others, but mostly child killers like Brady & Hindley, and it was most satisfactory that Hindley died in jail, it is just a shame she did not live to rot for another 20 years or so.

I am against the death penalty but life should mean life with no chance of parole whatsoever.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pickledseal @ Aug. 14 2006,15:21)]1) death penalty = muder = just as bad
2) you can't change you mind afterwards
3) who gives us the right to take away life
4) it would be a step backwards
Spot on. It's the ultimate two wrongs not making a right.

Matt

Just to play Devil's Advocate, Surely killing a murdering scumbag at the cost of £10,000 (I don't know what it actually is, Just an estimate) of tax payer's money is a better alternative than keeping them locked up for, say 40 years, at a cost of £250,000 worth of tax payers money?

Bring it back, along with public floggings. Also i think for the rapists a slow castration with a blunt rusty knife.

Yeah im all for the death penalty

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 14 2006,16:02)]
It's the ultimate two wrongs not making a right.
I know, I know but when I watch the news and see paedophiles and scum who murder OAPs for a few quid walking free after a few years I can't help but be driven to rage. I know it's wrong but can't help feeling it's the only way to deal with some people.

(Nice to meet you on Saturday BTW
smile.gif
)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Aug. 14 2006,16:15)]
[b said:
I know, I know but when I watch the news and see paedophiles and scum who murder OAPs for a few quid walking free after a few years I can't help but be driven to rage. I know it's wrong but can't help feeling it's the only way to deal with some people.

smile.gif
)
Likewise.

biggrin.gif

As for the Crims, I've never understood why it wasn't feasible for the government to buy an island off the Faroes, pop all the crims there with a couple of spades and some potato seeds, and then tell them to get on and dig for their feckin' dinner.

Fill the sea with razor wire and then bob's yer uncle.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 14 2006,16:31)]As for the Crims, I've never understood why it wasn't feasible for the government to buy an island off the Faroes, pop all the crims there with a couple of spades and some potato seeds, and then tell them to get on and dig for their feckin' dinner.

rock.gif
That idea has already been done.

Austrailia anyone?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 14 2006,16:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Aug. 14 2006,16:15)]
[b said:

smile.gif
)
Likewise.

biggrin.gif

As for the Crims, I've never understood why it wasn't feasible for the government to buy an island off the Faroes, pop all the crims there with a couple of spades and some potato seeds, and then tell them to get on and dig for their feckin' dinner.

rock.gif
Because then they forge communities and beat us at sports we invented
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 14 2006,16:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 14 2006,16:31)]As for the Crims, I've never understood why it wasn't feasible for the government to buy an island off the Faroes, pop all the crims there with a couple of spades and some potato seeds, and then tell them to get on and dig for their feckin' dinner.

rock.gif
Because then they forge communities and beat us at sports we invented  
sad.gif
I'd like to see them roll a bloody wicket on the Faroe Islands...!!

suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 14 2006,16:07)]Just to play Devil's Advocate, Surely killing a murdering scumbag at the cost of £10,000 (I don't know what it actually is, Just an estimate) of tax payer's money is a better alternative than keeping them locked up for, say 40 years, at a cost of £250,000 worth of tax payers money?
Agreed!

Back