• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Songs at your funeral

J

The Chameleon
This will be a laugh..

we have had favourite lyrics, and songs for your boxing entrance..

well songs at your funeral?

for me,

i vow to thee my country
jerusalem

and as i am taken out..

my generation - the who

Haven't really thought about it. Last thing on my mind at the moment....

coma- GUNS N ROSES...best underated song ever

as they take me down I want HIGHWAY 2 HELL AC/DC

as ever one f%&ks off I want WELCOME 2 THE JUNGLE

however......

if I want a nice sloppy one

IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES- RONAN KEATEN

I know gone from one extreme to other

Oo.gif

As Napster is too busy working out braces, I'll google it for him. Apparently the top 5 were:

1. Robbie Williams - Angels
2. Frank Sinatra - My Way
3. Monty Python - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life
4. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
5. Queen - Who Wants to Live Forever

Got to admit no.s 3 and 5 appeal to my sense of humour.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Oct. 03 2006,14:41)]"Ring of Fire".
The reason for your death maybe..

I'd bow out to ELO - 'Mr BlueSky'

Perfect funeral song. Happy start to signify happy life, dark middle bit to signify my demise and then uplifting end to please the audience.

Failing that, I want my coffin to go through the curtain to the gentle strains of, "Burn, baby, burn, Disco Inferno."

I quite like the thought of Sonnet by the Verve ringing out.

To be fair, I've never been to a funeral so it's difficult for me to judge how different songs go down with attendants. Realistically, I'm not going to be too fussed on how it sounds so it all depends on reactions.

Proof by I Am Kloot is also an excellent little song that seems fitting.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Oct. 03 2006,15:22)]I'd bow out to ELO -  'Mr BlueSky'

Perfect funeral song. Happy start to signify happy life, dark middle bit to signify my demise and then uplifting end to please the audience.

Failing that, I want my coffin to go through the curtain to the gentle strains of, "Burn, baby, burn, Disco Inferno."
If it's a cremation then "The Heat is On" will be perfect, thank you, just as I go through the curtains. Otherwise "Going Underground" by The Jam...

tounge.gif

On a more serious note, at a recent funeral for my wife's 24 year old cousin (who died of a heart-attack FFS!!!) "World's Greatest" by R.Kelly really hit home.

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Oct. 03 2006,14:08)]for me,

i vow to thee my country
CSJ as presumably an Essex boy you'll probably know that the tune to I vow to Thee my Country (which IMHO should be our national anthem) is called Thaxted as Holst lived there when he wrote it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 03 2006,14:45)]As Napster is too busy working out braces, I'll google it for him. Apparently the top 5 were:

Not true. It was revealed last week that one of James c%&t's dire offerings has overtaken "Angels".

Mine would be some Classic Pink Floyd tunes - Echos as it goes on for 24 mins
smile.gif
But the one thing i would like, is to be alive for my Funeral so i can enjoy it
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Oct. 03 2006,15:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Oct. 03 2006,14:08)]for me,

i vow to thee my country
CSJ as presumably an Essex boy you'll probably know that the tune to I vow to Thee my Country (which IMHO should be our national anthem) is called Thaxted as Holst lived there when he wrote it.
indeed
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Oct. 03 2006,15:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 03 2006,14:45)]As Napster is too busy working out braces, I'll google it for him. Apparently the top 5 were:

Not true. It was revealed last week that one of James c%&t's dire offerings has overtaken "Angels".
Actually my post is true - you'll have to do better than that to catch me out!

Back