• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest on Super Billy Paynter

Beefy

Life President
Paynter raises fans hopes

On loan striker Billy Paynter could stay at Bradford City if Southend don't want him back.

He says he has not even spoken to his manager Steve Tilson since January.

Many Bantams fans see Paynter as an ideal replacement for Dean Windass, whose own future at Valley Parade is in doubt.

Paynter told the Telegraph & Argus it was unclear whether he would have the chance to stay with City.

'It's not as simple as that but that's football,' he said.

'What happens to me next is down to Southend because I've still got two years left on my contract. But if something comes up in the summer I will have to sit down and think about it.

'I still look out for Southend's results but the manager hasn't spoken to me.

'That tends to suggest I'm well down the pecking order.

'I know there have been a couple of strikers injured but I haven't been called back. And I really hope that doesn't happen - I've got a job to do here to help Bradford stay up.'

Source

Doesn't look good for Paynter's Southend career if Tilly hasn't even bothered to call him to see how he's doing.

Doesn't look good for Paynter's Southend career if Tilly hasn't even bothered to call him to see how he's doing.

That's a bit shoddy to be honest, thought Tilly would at least have kept in contact to see how he's doing!

That's a bit shoddy to be honest, thought Tilly would at least have kept in contact to see how he's doing!

If he's in the plans for next season then he definately should have done. The fact that he didn't suggests to me that he's played his last game for the club and Tilly knows it.

Paynter probably has a right winger that crosses the ball into the box or maybe midfielders that slot through balls for him to run on to, could be why he scoring, oh and probably does not have a section of his own supporters abusing him. Just a thought.

More fool Tilly... Absolutely shocking piece of judgement.

Why?Paynter had his chance and was shocking.You've got to be shocking to get booed off the pitch at Southend surely.The situation will be intensified if he comes back and plays and Tilson will get lynched at RH by those mindless idiots who boo our boys.
Steve tried him,it didn't work out and he couldn't have Billy sitting about with the squad demoralised as it was back then.

This kind of thing happens in football where it doesn't work out for players and they go somewhere else and bang them in.Can't blame Tilly for not phoning him up,he's got enough on his plate,-time to move on.

'I know there have been a couple of strikers injured but I haven't been called back. And I really hope that doesn't happen - I've got a job to do here to help Bradford stay up.

Hmmmm ,Hold on a Minute Billy ,so helping Bradford stay up is more important than helping Southend stay up ,you know ,the Club that you actually belong too ,that gave you a nice and long Contract and payed a hell of a lot of Money for and would be very lucky to get Half of it back .:mad:

good management would be to keep all resources (players) available if needed...... and if it requires a quick call to mollycoddle the ego do it -

sad story was BP sicking up in the dressing room ..... its not uncommon for footballers or other entertainers and athletes to get nervous but knowing that this was being not helped by a bunch of terrace losers and boo boys who would never have the bottle to do anything in front of thousands -

Why?Paynter had his chance and was shocking.You've got to be shocking to get booed off the pitch at Southend surely.The situation will be intensified if he comes back and plays and Tilson will get lynched at RH by those mindless idiots who boo our boys.
Steve tried him,it didn't work out and he couldn't have Billy sitting about with the squad demoralised as it was back then.

This kind of thing happens in football where it doesn't work out for players and they go somewhere else and bang them in.Can't blame Tilly for not phoning him up,he's got enough on his plate,-time to move on.

Paynter hardly had his chance.... Not by Tilly or the Fans...

People forget he is still young, younger than Eastwood in fact, and moving down south from his home, family and friends and living in a hotel cannot be easy and is evidently unsettling. Clarke had the same, and was shocking when he first joined... Clarke has since settled in the area and his performances have justified spending so much on him. Hes been nothing short of magnificent.

Paynter was booed within 3 games of his Blues career because he wasn't on the same wavelength as the rest of the squad, the same way Clarke wasn't, and this kind of understanding only occurs after time. He started the game against Leeds with conviction and played well until his unfortunate injury that kept him out for 6 weeks. Since then, he was sent on loan to Bradford, closer to his home (He's probably living at home) and has began to score goals again. 4 goals in 5 or 6 starts.... More than any of our so called "forwards".

And not even a phone call from Tilly? even when Eastwood is injured, Hooper is out on loan and Harrold, Bradders and Foran collectively couldnt hit a cows **** with a banjo? Absolutely shocking...

One bloke who sits behind me in the East was particulary bad, yelling "C*nt" everytime he had the ball. In my eyes, he can go home and away as much as he wants for the rest of his life, but he'll never be a true fan.

the main problem is that tilly signed him the night before the 1st day of the season. clarke also was signed in that same week. the problem he had no pre season games to form a partnership

Paynter was booed within 3 games of his Blues career because he wasn't on the same wavelength as the rest of the squad, .

He also didnt show any sort of ball control, pace or ability.

He certainly wasnt given a huge amount of time but its not like he showed promise but didnt quite make it.

Personally Id like to see how he does for us at League One level, but it does sound like Tilson doesnt want him if he hasnt even spoken to him.

For ****'s sake! Tilly has conducted himself appallingly towards Billy. He showed no confidence in him when WE AS A WHOLE TEAM, were playing badly, and now this.

Presumably, prior to the silly pricks booing a new arrival, Tilly thought that Billy was good enough for this team. In that case, why has he barely played since? Suggests a lack of backbone from Tilly, and certainly no courage in his convictions.

To the people who say that Billy didn't show anything during his few matches - you are wrong. I remember one game - perhaps Cardiff - him being the only player showing any ability, and hitting the crossbar with a 20 yard header IIRC. He has now shown himself to be capable of scoring goals, albeit at a slightly lower standard, but many goals did Harrold score in league one?

Now this. To not even make an attempt to contact OUR striker whilst he is away on loan is a ****ing disgrace, of that there's no doubt. This is made even worse by our striker problems at the moment - surely Paynter is a better option than Foran and bloody Harrold up front together. But no. Don't even bother ringing him Tilly.

Even supporters who don't rate Billy, must surely see that he has been treated dreadfully by both the 'fans' who booed him, and now the manager, in a stage of his career when he needs it most.

I've always admired Tilly for his man-management skills - for there certainly aren't any amazing tactical skills evident - but this has left me disillusioned, and quite frankly, ****ed off.

Interesting to see that we believe Billy and the Bradford source. Its ok Tilly, I still have faith in you and dont believe you would not have spoken to Paynter since Jan

Either way I hope he gets a chance next year, he's shown he has ability from his loan spell, hopefully he can translate that to form for us next year in whichever league we're in.

I think he could play an important part of our team next year. Lets hope he is still here and willing to do the trick!

For ****'s sake! Tilly has conducted himself appallingly towards Billy. He showed no confidence in him when WE AS A WHOLE TEAM, were playing badly, and now this.

Presumably, prior to the silly pricks booing a new arrival, Tilly thought that Billy was good enough for this team. In that case, why has he barely played since? Suggests a lack of backbone from Tilly, and certainly no courage in his convictions.

To the people who say that Billy didn't show anything during his few matches - you are wrong. I remember one game - perhaps Cardiff - him being the only player showing any ability, and hitting the crossbar with a 20 yard header IIRC. He has now shown himself to be capable of scoring goals, albeit at a slightly lower standard, but many goals did Harrold score in league one?

Now this. To not even make an attempt to contact OUR striker whilst he is away on loan is a ****ing disgrace, of that there's no doubt. This is made even worse by our striker problems at the moment - surely Paynter is a better option than Foran and bloody Harrold up front together. But no. Don't even bother ringing him Tilly.

Even supporters who don't rate Billy, must surely see that he has been treated dreadfully by both the 'fans' who booed him, and now the manager, in a stage of his career when he needs it most.

I've always admired Tilly for his man-management skills - for there certainly aren't any amazing tactical skills evident - but this has left me disillusioned, and quite frankly, ****ed off.

Proud member of PIG - Paynter is gone:p

The bloke without any" amazing tactical skills evident" got us up two years on the trot,masterminded two LDV finals and Man Utd's exit from the cup,all without hardly spending a bean in relative terms to other teams and we now play the game on the deck better than most Championship teams.

Don't make me laugh mate,Paynter's pi$$ed off Tilson so much that he had to go IMHO otherwise Steve would be on the phone to him.

Show some respect for Tilson,i worry what our younger supporters think when reading your post.

i tell you what i think...
the-forgotten-man best remain forgotten IMO

Back