• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just Found

So... he's scored 8 in 107 games then. No wonder his agent said he's move to a higher level ... oops

What was more interesting was the link of unattached footballers. They included, Jimmy F H, Didier Agathe, Igor Biscan, Drewe Broughton, Kenny Cunningham, Stephen Crainey, Malcolm Christie, Matt Carbon, Kevin Campbell, Duncan Ferguson, Hayden Foxe (Tilly does like gingers!) Julian Gray, Rodney Jack, Matt Jansen, Seth Johnson, Gary McSwegan, Mark Pembridge, Chris Perry, Paul Peschisolido, Trevor Sinclair, Dean Sturridge, David Unsworth & Arjan De Zueew.

I can't vouch for how accurate this list is, but I've only picked out a few that caught my eye & think could do a job for at least a season like Goater did. Some might be too old, injured or no longer good enough, but it's probably lists like this that Tilly will be looking at. He was rumoured to be looking a freebie list!

What was more interesting was the link of unattached footballers. They included, Jimmy F H, Didier Agathe, Igor Biscan, Drewe Broughton, Kenny Cunningham, Stephen Crainey, Malcolm Christie, Matt Carbon, Kevin Campbell, Duncan Ferguson, Hayden Foxe (Tilly does like gingers!) Julian Gray, Rodney Jack, Matt Jansen, Seth Johnson, Gary McSwegan, Mark Pembridge, Chris Perry, Paul Peschisolido, Trevor Sinclair, Dean Sturridge, David Unsworth & Arjan De Zueew.

I can't vouch for how accurate this list is, but I've only picked out a few that caught my eye & think could do a job for at least a season like Goater did. Some might be too old, injured or no longer good enough, but it's probably lists like this that Tilly will be looking at. He was rumoured to be looking a freebie list!

the main problem is wages... most of them would have been on well over 10,000 a week and so to ask them to come here and get 2.5k isn't really going to happen

the main problem is wages... most of them would have been on well over 10,000 a week and so to ask them to come here and get 2.5k isn't really going to happen

& Goater was on a low wage too?? If he was, then it proves that a few decent players will do it to carry on playing, if not then it proves that RM will pay higher wages for the right player.

Maybe this should be on another forum? I will put my original post on chat part.

& Goater was on a low wage too?? If he was, then it proves that a few decent players will do it to carry on playing, if not then it proves that RM will pay higher wages for the right player.

Maybe this should be on another forum? I will put my original post on chat part.

yeah i get what you are saying, but the goat was really unique in that he really wasn't a money driven bloke. in football players need to squeeze out every penny just because their career wil only last until 40ish at the most. perhaps one of those listed may be in our price range i really don't know, but often players aren't given a new contract just because their demands are so high and the club wants to get new (cheaper) players in

Goater still has a family & his retirement to consider though. He was a one off, but there were a lot of players on that list that would jump at the chance to play at RH, that I didn't mention. It's whether they're good enough though.

JFH was a p!ss take, as he isn't known as Jimmy Floyd Piggybank for nothing!

Back