• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have it on good authroity Fred deal is done.

DTS

The Business
My mate "The Pilot" was coming back from Spain yesterday night and say next to Alan Pardew in the airport.

Apparantly Pardew was on the blower and said to whoever he was speaking to that its a done deal.

My mate the Pilot is one of my best mates so wouldn't bull****.

DtS

My mate "The Pilot" was coming back from Spain yesterday night and say next to Alan Pardew in the airport.

Apparantly Pardew was on the blower and said to whoever he was speaking to that its a done deal.

DtS

Probably talking to Noel Edmonds!

Was Freddy's name mentioned, or Southend, or scorer of goal against Man U? Any connection, apart from a done deal?

DtS

It is, however, easy to misunderstand something. For example, Pardew may have said that the deal is done....meaning with some other club, and that there is no point in taking it any further.

My mate said he has done a deal to sign Freddy Eastwood - Said he heard it clear as day. Not that I would ever doubt my mate but I did read in the paper Pardew was in Spain until today.

Sounds like he's off then, thanks for letting us know DtS.

Farewell Fred, it's been good having you, wish you all the best.

Mirror says a £2m offer has gone in from Charlton. I would think £2.25 + decent sell on amounts to a very good bit of business for us. Remember we still have Harrold, Bradbury and Paynter to fire us back up next season, so that's practically all profit to go into the coffers.....

It would be great for Freddy and Chrissy Powell to be working together at Charlton. I used to follow Charlton's results when they had Powell, Roycey and Keith Jones in their team, they've certainly picked up some useful players from us

Heard they got Sahar as well - cannot see Jose being happy to let him sit on the bench in the Championship, so you would have to assume he will start quite a lot of games - that would leave:

Varney, Iwelumo and Eastwood fighting for one place...

Seems a bit odd! I've registered on a Charlton forum where they mentioned Sahar - but they are concerned that no midfielders are being signed. Just seen today that they are also selling Faye to Birmingham who is a midfielder...

Wish someone would hurry up and make a bid!!

Powell has rejoined Charlton primarily as a coach but he may also feature as a player. He can only be a good influence for Fred if he does go there.

Oh, you're preaching to the converted... if only every footballer were as hard-working and as personable as Sir Chris. He'll set Freddy a fantastic example, for sure.

:)

Matt

Email from the Pilot - Copied and Pasted as follows

"Yeah Pardew was saying that he's going to get Fred on the cheap wages wise because he really wants to go to Charlton and not Wolves... Bit indiscreet chatting about it in a busy airport I thought!!"

Email from the Pilot - Copied and Pasted as follows

"Yeah Pardew was saying that he's going to get Fred on the cheap wages wise because he really wants to go to Charlton and not Wolves... Bit indiscreet chatting about it in a busy airport I thought!!"

I can imagine the Pilot twirling his tache whilst writing that

:cool:

Back