• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Advice on where to live in Essex?????

Aberdeen Shrimper

Myself and the wife are starting to put the wheels in motion regards moving back to Essex/South East England next year and having been in the wonderful country of Scotland for the past 6 years, I have kind of lost touch with how towns and villages back home have developed/declined.

Things in the property market change so quick that areas i used to like or think were reasonable to live may have all changed completely.

We are looking to either work in London or the South East of England......but would rally appreciate any views or advice of where to avoid putting down roots.

Is Billericay still quite nice....or priced out the market??

Boreham, beautiful little village just outside of Chelmsford. Only 20 mins from Southend and 20 mins from Stansted, 5 mins from Chelmsford town centre. Plus Ricey lives there :D

Southchurch...Beautiful little Village close to the heart of Southend.

If only this was something I had to post! :'(

From the limited research I've done, I'd go for Billericay if you can afford it (or any of the villages around there along the A12 corridor e.g. Galleywood) and as mentioned also Boreham nr Chelmsford. I also like the look of some of the big new developments out near Braintree. Now the A120 & A130 have been improved near there it's a lot more accessible for getting to Southend and to other places for work.

Dave, would you be trying to get a job in London or local?

Hockley mate seriously!!!! Good place low crime 20 mins from Southend and 30 from Chelmsford also 5 mins from A127 and 15 mins from A13

And Senga and you could enjoy Candle lit Steak Meals with Scott..:unsure:

Hockley mate seriously!!!! Good place low crime 20 mins from Southend and 30 from Chelmsford also 5 mins from A127 and 15 mins from A13

To be fair Scott....i used to drink in Hockley for years and know a hell of a lot of folk there...so that is in the top 5 to review

You can buy my house in MK. Only 45mins to London :whistling:

ERRRMMM

ERRMMMM

Na, your ok mate.....you have already told me about the "shamless" family that live a few doors down, not a really good selling point mate!!

Leigh-on-Sea... The British version of The OC

I live in Leigh and I really like it, but now I wouldn't move there. Overpriced & too congested.

If I were to move out of the immediate area, I would move to Hockley. Some nice places there at a reasonable price.

All boils down to budget though I guess.

I live in Leigh and I really like it, but now I wouldn't move there. Overpriced & too congested.

If I were to move out of the immediate area, I would move to Hockley. Some nice places there at a reasonable price.

All boils down to budgies though I guess.

We are ok on that front as we have no pets!!

Hockley's nice, just don't stray too close to Rochford... Slightly resembles a Kenyan shanty town at times.

Hockley's nice, just don't stray too close to Rochford... Slightly resembles a Kenyan shanty town at times.

I lived in Rochford (Somerset Avn) from the age of 2 up to 24 and loved it....Although my sister who lives in Shoeburyness tells me that it has gone right down hill

Back