• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moussa... one plus from tonight?

haveaguiness

Coach
Anyone feel he had a good game considering the defeat and being played out of position and starting just his 7th game of the season?

It does seem stupid to me why he was bought in with such little game time?!?

Hopefully he will play alot more next season, by judging a few of maccas performances this season would be nice to have a change now and again.

The one bright spot tonight. I'm very glad that he proved me so so wrong. I can see what they see in him.

Technically far superior to McCormack, and if he gets a bit more bite and force in the tackle ala Macca, he'll be twice the player. He should do big things next year.

Moose was the cream of the crop tonight without a doubt.

Not saying much all in all I suppose from such an under-par performance but he certainly was the one who came out with the most credit all in all.

Oh FFS..they were all **** tonight.............

Stop looking for a saving grace. The team let us all down. Blame them for once !

played a cracking pass for baileys chance aswell. great vision. Still no one has any opinions as to why he was picked without such little game time though?

Hopefully get to see some of peggy next year aswell. Just look what palace have done this year by playing all there youngsters!

Stop looking for a saving grace. The team let us all down. Blame them for once !

bit stong aint it!!! moussa and francis both played well. not really a saving grace is it, just commenting on how one of our youngsters has performed well on such a big match, Its ok though you can boo him next year

Moussa seems to be one of those players who always has time on the ball and can retain possesion. Hope to see him as a regulat feature next season though preferably in the centre.

Still no one has any opinions as to why he was picked without such little game time though?

I thought it was pretty obvious why he was picked. Donny's midfield dominated ours - or at least stopped us dominating - in the first leg and Roberts (or whatever his name is) was a real threat down the left. You therefore drop Black, who was subbed for Revell in the first leg, and bring in Moussa to play the Pettefer/Bentley role.

yep i thought moose, clarke and francis were the only players to come out of the game with any pride

yep i thought moose, clarke and francis were the only players to come out of the game with any pride

Sorry to disagree but I cannot think of anything in the game that Moussa offered us. Mahers experience and presence would have been far more telling. I personally thought Francis had a nightmare and with Francis and Moussa on the right flank we had neither defending nor attacking capabilities.

Tilly knew they played effectively with 5 across the middle of the park and failed to address the problems that that caused.

To be quite honest I thought Doncaster were quite awsome. More movement, quicker passing, fitter and faster, and far more organised.

McCormack has consistently got worse over the past few games and the one threat and person who showed any passion was Mark Gower. He worked tirelessly and never gave up.

Barnard and Walker up front were totally ineffective but lets remember that they were given very little service.

I dont think, given the result, many players could come out of the game with much credit, but lets just hope they learned from it.

Sorry have to disagree think Moussa was poor (but who wasnt) - looks a little boy lost to me. Unfair on him to start an important match after no recent games. Would rather had a poor Black to be honest with a bit experience though we still would have been outclassed

Honestly, from the perspective of the TV cameras, Moussa played well, Macca played reasonably ok and apart from the last 10 mins or so, both Gower and Bailey were awol because of the way Donny played. There was no supply from midfield to the front, all attacks seemed to come from Franno's service.

Sorry have to disagree think Moussa was poor (but who wasnt) - looks a little boy lost to me. Unfair on him to start an important match after no recent games. Would rather had a poor Black to be honest with a bit experience though we still would have been outclassed

No - Moussa was pretty much the only player to show some composure last night.

No - Moussa was pretty much the only player to show some composure last night.

Agreed as i said on a previous post. The only player in our side who seemed to have time on the ball and can't remember him actually giving away possesion. The boy has the little bit of extra class needed and i fully expect him to be challenging for a starting place next season.

Sorry to disagree but I cannot think of anything in the game that Moussa offered us. Mahers experience and presence would have been far more telling. I personally thought Francis had a nightmare and with Francis and Moussa on the right flank we had neither defending nor attacking capabilities.

Tilly knew they played effectively with 5 across the middle of the park and failed to address the problems that that caused.

To be quite honest I thought Doncaster were quite awsome. More movement, quicker passing, fitter and faster, and far more organised.

McCormack has consistently got worse over the past few games and the one threat and person who showed any passion was Mark Gower. He worked tirelessly and never gave up.

Barnard and Walker up front were totally ineffective but lets remember that they were given very little service.

I dont think, given the result, many players could come out of the game with much credit, but lets just hope they learned from it.

clearly not watching the same game. Even the commentators were saying how pooor gower was.

The fact that every single one of the goals came from attacks down the left wing also indicates to me that mayeb it wasn't francis and moussa who had defensive problems but the left side of our team. Also there were a number of occasions where moussa and francis blocked cross after cross on the right, but i suppose you didn't see that either. And if i also remember rightly the only real decent cross put in the whole game was from francis for walker, i'd say that was service for the front two but no point having service if you gonna miss from 5 yards

Back