• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex v Yorkshire - FP Trophy - Chelmsford, Saturday 5th July.

Looking forward to parking myself in front of Sky Sports at noon tomorrow and cheering the lads to victory ... and then doing the same on Monday where i have it on very good authority that our very own SUFCLiam is to be the mascot :clap:

My boss is going to this and I have to cover his shift :madman:

I want to watch this but have my own match to play today. Will be recording it and hoping nobody at cricket says the score, but I'm doubtful of that.

Looking forward to parking myself in front of Sky Sports at noon tomorrow and cheering the lads to victory ... and then doing the same on Monday where i have it on very good authority that our very own SUFCLiam is to be the mascot :clap:

not that good as its monday he's mascot for the 20/20.

Not counting chickens but this looks like a win for Essex, Yorks want 130 at over 10 an over. And as I typed that RtD just bowled Jacques Rudolph. 155/6 chasing 286.

James Foster has been brilliant behind the stumps, stunning catch to remove Rashid.

Yep Lords for me too, and if it rains that day I'll go to Millwall, as I presume the day after would be a reserve day for it?

Being a member comes in handy now. When will tickets go on sale?

Yep Lords for me too, and if it rains that day I'll go to Millwall, as I presume the day after would be a reserve day for it?

Being a member comes in handy now. When will tickets go on sale?

The Sunday should be the reserve day.

I guess announcement about ticket sales will be made during next week.

As somebody who supports Yorkshire, I think it will be the Den for me. Oh well, never mind...

yeah was a great performance today - another great Napes knock (was close to one of his sixes - doubt I would try and catch it though!). Lords for me rather than the Den so will update my signature. A big final at Lords must come above a regular league game at Millwall for any Essex/SUFC fans

Millwall for me! Good luck to Essex though! Watched em on telly today and they were a different class to those Yorkies!

I text SUFCEssex and stickyboy at about 150-2 and said i thought we had this, just needed a couple of wickets to confirm it ... lo and behold within 5 minutes it was 152-5 and game over

Same tonight please lads :cool:

Anyone know how long Sky will make it red button only, or when the first game finishes? I'm on Virgin Media so need to wait for them to stop poncing around with Durham v Yorkshire.

Anyone know how long Sky will make it red button only, or when the first game finishes? I'm on Virgin Media so need to wait for them to stop poncing around with Durham v Yorkshire.

Same here Muse :madman:

IIRC its 70 minutes per innings with a ten minute interval, so by my reckoning the first match should finish at 7:40 .. after all the p!ssing about talking to a load of no-mark northerners i can't see them getting down to Chelmsford till 8 o'clock ... best we can hope that there is a wash out up there, or one of the teams is dismissed for about 50 in order to see all of our match

IIRC its 70 minutes per innings with a ten minute interval, so by my reckoning the first match should finish at 7:40 .. after all the p!ssing about talking to a load of no-mark northerners i can't see them getting down to Chelmsford till 8 o'clock ... best we can hope that there is a wash out up there, or one of the teams is dismissed for about 50 in order to see all of our match

The way the weather is here it may be a wash out at Chelmsford.:'(

The only consolation is that it isn't Lancashire playing the game beforehand. If it was, there'd be no chance of them moving onto the Essex game.

Back