• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Carl Fletcher

blue boy

I have it from a very good source that we are trying to sign Carl Fletcher on loan from palace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably sign the wrong one and get the idiot from Dream Team

good player, but another defensive midfielder!? we've had this rumour before, but i suppose with Dougie it may have more legs

I have it from a very good source that we are trying to sign Carl Fletcher on loan from palace.

Seems to fit with the experienced Premier League, Championship MIDFIELDER comments. Name your saucey source?

True or otherwise, welcome to the Zone BB.

Last edited:
old news and still nothing has happened,another load of rubbish like certain other people post on here...would be good signing but dont think he is that creative player we are needing at this moment in time in the middle..

thanks for your kind words. only time will tell if it is rubbish or not.

Well he's exactly who I predicted last week we may look at especially now Dougie has signed. I see you're a new poster blue boy, is this actually from a club source?

old news and still nothing has happened,another load of rubbish like certain other people post on here...would be good signing but dont think he is that creative player we are needing at this moment in time in the middle..

Personally I believe that Dougie and Barney will be ok in terms of service as Betsy/HRK (and maybe Scannell) look like they can create opportunities. Question is what kind of player do we want in the middle? Carl Fletcher would be solid and with the amount of goals we've conceded that would be of benefit, it would also allow Macca to get forward a bit more once he returns (and hopefully he can weigh in with a few from midfield like he did last season).

Good signing if we are actually after him and are able to bring him in.

Carl Fletcher would be a great addition.

I know some people are saying not another defensive midfielder, we've already got many of these, but in Fletcher we'd have someone who has the experience that the likes of Grant & co lack.

time will tell but we hear so many rumours saying this person going to sign & has been seen etc etc it starts to get pointless & boring...

That's purely a perception in my opinion but you're right that time will tell. Always does.

Speculation about who a player might be when we're told we're after someone aside, the number of threads/posts on here categorically stating that a specific person IS definitely going to sign are actually few and far between. Even the rumour threads are pretty rare in the overall scheme of things.

There's also been more than enough instances when a poster on here has later been proved to be correct so long may the rumour mills continue.

Personally I believe that Dougie and Barney will be ok in terms of service as Betsy/HRK (and maybe Scannell) look like they can create opportunities.

Barnard hasnt exactly been handed too many goal chances yet.

We have a serious problem getting the ball to our forward men in dangerous positions, we need to improve on that somehow.

Barnard hasnt exactly been handed too many goal chances yet.

We have a serious problem getting the ball to our forward men in dangerous positions, we need to improve on that somehow.

so... is Carl Fletcher the answer?

Personally I believe that Dougie and Barney will be ok in terms of service as Betsy/HRK (and maybe Scannell) look like they can create opportunities. Question is what kind of player do we want in the middle? Carl Fletcher would be solid and with the amount of goals we've conceded that would be of benefit, it would also allow Macca to get forward a bit more once he returns (and hopefully he can weigh in with a few from midfield like he did last season).

Good signing if we are actually after him and are able to bring him in.

Good point agreed, but probably bullsh!t like a lot of the rumours posted on here!

tilson does like overloading positions with average players, is it 6 strikers now and with this 6/7 players who can play in CM? but only two starting CB's?

Back