• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Boycott The Echo

Boycot The Echo

• Total voters
I'm not going to be buying the Echo for many reasons (including their shameless left-wing bias) and spouting drivel about the football club I love only gives me another reason not to.

Who like me is going to stop buying the Echo for every time trying to tarnish the clubs reputation in the community!

Did notice on their letter's page the day before the Chelsea game (this may been mentioned elsewhere) the main letter was a fan complaining about not being able to get a ticket. Seemed a bit harsh as what were the club supposed to do. Think the Echo is supposed to be balanced but sometimes I wonder. All about selling papers sadly.

Who like me is going to stop buying the Echo for every time trying to tarnish the clubs reputation in the community!

Perhaps the Echo should have said that work was well ahead of schedule? There's people on here who would have believed it.

The Echo is a very low calibre paper for all sorts of reasons, but I certainly don't think is has it in for Southend. It's just there's not a lot of good news at the moment or even on the horizon.

they are digusting they even boo our players during games, oh my mistake thats some of our 'supporters' dont worry about the local rag some of our lot are having a detrimental effect on our own players thats my beef at the mo.

I stopped buying the Echo after being 'black balled' when I tried to join 'The Echo Gang'.

A bit harsh on an eight year old and I have never forgiven 'Steve'.

I stopped buying the Echo after being 'black balled' when I tried to join 'The Echo Gang'.

A bit harsh on an eight year old and I have never forgiven 'Steve'.

Running out of material MC ?? I'm certain you've used this latest line before

The Echo doesn't get published in Malta. Not enough lawn mowers get stolen from garden sheds in the central Mediterranean region and that would leave them without suitable headline news.

Did notice on their letter's page the day before the Chelsea game (this may been mentioned elsewhere) the main letter was a fan complaining about not being able to get a ticket. Seemed a bit harsh as what were the club supposed to do. Think the Echo is supposed to be balanced but sometimes I wonder. All about selling papers sadly.

Of course it is about selling papers, that's how they make their money.

Why is the echo 'supposed to be balanced' whatever that means anyway. Do you mean only publishing articles that you like, or that share your view? Do you think the letter should have been censored because it casts the club in a bad light and only good news about the club is published?

I've never read a paper that doesn't have some sort of agenda, if you don't like it, buy another local paper, or set up your own.

If you want only good news about the club, check out the official website.

I gave up buying the Echo more than a year ago cos of the drivel they publish ... though i did buy the Chelsea special editions

My general experience of journalists is that they rarely let the truth get in the way of a good story.

They will frequently bleat that they are only "reporting" actual events that have happened but using their own words they can certainly sensationalise anything rather mundane, or, as happened here, take words out of context.

Having said that, I'll still buy the Echo as it isn't just the sport that interests me. That's generally old news anyway.

Sorry Scott I'm being a bit thick here. Has the Echo said something recently that has ****ed you off or is it the general standard. Or is it Chris Philips reporting which I think usually is pretty good. I'm a bit confused.

Sorry Scott I'm being a bit thick here. Has the Echo said something recently that has ****ed you off or is it the general standard. Or is it Chris Philips reporting which I think usually is pretty good. I'm a bit confused.

Read the thread about the stadium delay .. it explains everything

I have a deal with buying the Echo...Costs me £1.20 a week by Direct Debit. Easy as pie and wouldn't stop reading it!

Back