• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Get rid of barnard

granted hes injury prone but we knew that when we bought him, no doubt hes a good player, he proved that this season, maybe if he had had a run of consecutive games with one striker and a team that can create the chances in the first place, he might be banging them in!

and anyway we cant even name a full bench, so wheres the logic of getting rid of more players!

shut up you ****

really construtive. well done you. did you manage that all by yourself?

granted hes injury prone but we knew that when we bought him, no doubt hes a good player, he proved that this season, maybe if he had had a run of consecutive games with one striker and a team that can create the chances in the first place, he might be banging them in!

and anyway we cant even name a full bench, so wheres the logic of getting rid of more players!

i disagree. i think he is a liability. but you didnt swear so well done.

If your going to say release Barnard then you may as well mention his sicknote strike partner. Now isnt the time for scapegoats guys ...

yeah get rid of freedman as well. thats another 2 grand a week minimum we dont need to be spending

WHEN he's fit he can be a dangerous player but this is becoming a joke with all these injuries.

Barnard has played more games than Freedman this season, but no-one dares say a bad word against Freedman.

I don't know why people get so upset about Barnard's injuries. We knew when we bought him he was injury-prone and his injuries are caused because he continually puts his body on the line for the club. That's the price we have to pay. personally I'm prepared for us to pay that price. Ideally we'd use him sparingly, mainly off the bench.

really construtive. well done you. did you manage that all by yourself?

i disagree. i think he is a liability. but you didnt swear so well done.

that was a typo, should read "proved himself last season"...

we have 4 very good strikers and the reason we do is because yes barnard is injury prone, freedman is now a veteran and wont be able to play week in week out... its just bad luck that we've lost laurent and revell aswell as freedman.. the way it goes... no need to get rid of anyone!

and fact: we havnt played well and managed a string of good results since october and that was when we had a consecutive partnership of barnard and freedman week in week out..another reason why we sholdnt get rid of them

Barnard is like a china doll, very fragile with silly little knocks all the time.

Funny how he was 100% match fit and raring to go in both the Chelsea game.

He's a liability.

Barnard is like a china doll, very fragile with silly little knocks all the time.

Funny how he was 100% match fit and raring to go in both the Chelsea game.

He's a liability.

Do you actually watch the games he plays?

Do you not see the way he plays, how many knocks he picks up, how he works so hard?

Such a liability he was our second top scorer last season, how short are peoples memories.

Honestly injuries are something a club cannot legislate for. Could anyone predict Revell breaking his leg, McCormack groin strain or cartilage pre season, or Walker a hammy tonight. Sadly it's all part of lifes rich pageant.

Barnard has played more games than Freedman this season, but no-one dares say a bad word against Freedman.

I don't know why people get so upset about Barnard's injuries. We knew when we bought him he was injury-prone and his injuries are caused because he continually puts his body on the line for the club. That's the price we have to pay. personally I'm prepared for us to pay that price. Ideally we'd use him sparingly, mainly off the bench.

5 goals this season and never fit enough to add to that tally. That's why people get upset!!

Back