• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jade Goody - Cancer Has Spread

Yeah I read that earlier. Its not looking good to be honest........

I may not have always agreed with the way she has conducted herself in the media but I'd never wish this awful disease on anybody.

Yeah I read that earlier. Its not looking good to be honest........

I may not have always agreed with the way she has conducted herself in the media but I'd never wish this awful disease on anybody.

Agreed. Especially as she has two young boys. I would hate to be in her position.

Agreed. Especially as she has two young boys. I would hate to be in her position.

Me too, I can't get my foot anywhere near my mouth.

In all seriousness, awful news, and something no-one in their twenties should ever have to go through

Me too, I can't get my foot anywhere near my mouth.

In all seriousness, awful news, and something no-one in their twenties should ever have to go through

With the big c you can be rich/poor dumb/clever ugly/beautiful it matters not,you get it you fight it you win or lose no greys areas.
And yes ldnfatso in our opion maybe a awful woman but she has made a great living out of being jade so fair play to her,even so cancer is no way for any one to go.

Feel so sad for her. Yeah she has made mistakes in her life like anyone, unfortunately she made them very publicly. At the end of the day she is human like the rest of us and still has a heart and feelings and I for one think she always means well and is a sweet person inside. Must admit I have always been a fan of her. She has made a living out of being who she is and I would say one of the most successful BB contestants in it's history.

Like others have said, no one deserves this. So sad for her two sons to loose their mum so young. Small chance of beating it hopefully otherwise I hope she gets to make the most of the time she has left.

From what I have seen / read of her I can't say I am particularly enamoured with her. However as I can say I would not wish this on anyone, let alone a 27 year old mother of 2 young kids , I think this is very sad news.

Feel so sad for her. Yeah she has made mistakes in her life like anyone, unfortunately she made them very publicly. At the end of the day she is human like the rest of us and still has a heart and feelings and I for one think she always means well and is a sweet person inside. Must admit I have always been a fan of her. She has made a living out of being who she is and I would say one of the most successful BB contestants in it's history.

Like others have said, no one deserves this. So sad for her two sons to loose their mum so young. Small chance of beating it hopefully otherwise I hope she gets to make the most of the time she has left.

She has lived the past 8 years or so of her life in the spotlight, and now it seems that she will die in the full glare of the media. The ultimate for Big Brother and our Big Brother society.

I would hope that the media will leave her in peace and if indeed she is entering the final phase of her life then she should do so with her family around her. And while this isn't meant as a criticism of her, I doubt if she will allow that.

She has lived the past 8 years or so of her life in the spotlight, and now it seems that she will die in the full glare of the media. The ultimate for Big Brother and our Big Brother society.

I would hope that the media will leave her in peace and if indeed she is entering the final phase of her life then she should do so with her family around her. And while this isn't meant as a criticism of her, I doubt if she will allow that.

You are right about the Big Brother society - it's sad that she had effectively lived and could possibly die in the eye of the media.

I am sure that the media will leave her in peace but for one reason she will stay in the limelight - and that is her little boys. Any money made will go towards their future and I don't doubt that for a second.

One of the good things about this getting so much coverage is due to her type of cancer. As mostly men on here I wonder how many of you know a lot about cervical cancer and the way women of all ages treat the testing for it.

I am sure any of you with a Mrs or even those that don't, will know that a woman after the age of 25 is called in to have a smear test to check for the initial signs of cervical cancer. Far too many women ignore the appointment letter, perhaps because of fear. Due to it being internal and almost sympton-less in the early stages (when it can get treated/prevented fairly easily) it is often brushed under the rug and forgotten.......

I think this story highlights the massive importance of getting checked out even as routine. It's an awful disease and nothing makes it harder to deal with than knowing that it could have been prevented. I hope that it encourages every woman out there to attend any routine appointment and look after themselves. If there is one single thing that can come out of this story then this is it.

poor girl, i saw this this morning. I know she is a marmite like person since being in the media and big brother, but I think everyone feels the same that they wouldnt wish this on anyone. I also really admire her, since have chemo she has been so proud to have shown off her bald head and not tried to cover it up. i feel for her, she is only 5 years older than me, i cant imagine how scared she is.

You are right about the Big Brother society - it's sad that she had effectively lived and could possibly die in the eye of the media.

I am sure that the media will leave her in peace but for one reason she will stay in the limelight - and that is her little boys. Any money made will go towards their future and I don't doubt that for a second.

One of the good things about this getting so much coverage is due to her type of cancer. As mostly men on here I wonder how many of you know a lot about cervical cancer and the way women of all ages treat the testing for it.

I am sure any of you with a Mrs or even those that don't, will know that a woman after the age of 25 is called in to have a smear test to check for the initial signs of cervical cancer. Far too many women ignore the appointment letter, perhaps because of fear. Due to it being internal and almost sympton-less in the early stages (when it can get treated/prevented fairly easily) it is often brushed under the rug and forgotten.......

I think this story highlights the massive importance of getting checked out even as routine. It's an awful disease and nothing makes it harder to deal with than knowing that it could have been prevented. I hope that it encourages every woman out there to attend any routine appointment and look after themselves. If there is one single thing that can come out of this story then this is it.

Indeed it is. :D

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Terribly sad news, I hope as others have said, that she'll be able to live out the rest of her life in peace and dignity - however, knowing what she's like, I doubt it! And I don't mean that in a bad way, Jade has attracted a lot of public sympathy for her illness and may well choose to go the public route, if only to benefit her children in the long run financially.

She may not be everyones most favourite person but no one deserves to suffer from cancer, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

sad news, but i reckon there are a fair few in the 2009 death list thread rubbing there hands together

Kent Shrimper aka.

328x425.aspx

Very sad to read this morning that she may have as little as 8 weeks left.

This is an awful story and such a sad ending. Let's hope she gets to have as much time as possible with her boys now.

Very sad to read this morning that she may have as little as 8 weeks left.

This is an awful story and such a sad ending. Let's hope she gets to have as much time as possible with her boys now.

Completely agree. As much as i don't like the woman, i must say that this is terrible and that no-one deserves this! 27 is no age to die, there's plenty of more deserving people imho. To leave a family at such a young age is a tragedy too!

For what its worth, the following predicted Jade Goody!
Ayrshire Blue
Carl
Southend Lady
Canveyshrimper
OldBlueLady

Last edited:
Back