• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Accrington Stanley

Update

Thought I would post this up in here, as this looks remarkably like our own predicament.

Perhaps we should do the same sort of thing to help our club.

Post from asfc2008

Hi fellow football fans

As you will probably know as of the 2nd of September 2009 Accrington Stanley have been told they have to pay over £300,000 by within two months or we face closure as a club. Ive created this thread to see if i could kindly ask people to help, whether thats collecting money at the football, donating or coming to one of our games!

Our next home game is on Friday 11th of September where we entertain Darlington Football Club. It would great if as many supporters could get down to the game to help put money into the pub! Il even buy you a pint , or two . (All goes to the club). However Bury fans have already pledged to bring around 200/300 fans to the game and would be great to see other fans down at the ground to watch the Reds and to put some needed money to the club.
Bury actually came up with the idea itself and with the and the arranged Burnley friendly match it just shows the unity of football clubs and the great support messages we have recieved from clubs up and down the country!

NEXT TUESDAY NIGHT - Burnley v Accrington Turf Moor , if you can please turn up to this game, both sets of teams with good strength squads , all money is going towards Accrington. (Details TBC).

http://www.saveourstanley.co.uk
If you would like to PLEDGE MONEY there are many different ways of doing it, either by:

Cheques / Postal Orders:
cheque
Payable to 'Accrington Stanley Football Club'
Accrington Stanley Football Club
Livingstone Road
Accrington
BB5 5BX

By Phone
phone
Call:
To donate £1.50 call 0907 706 4648
To specify donation call 0871 434 1968
Local call rate number

SMS :
Text “Accrington” to 80777 - to donate £5
Text “Stanley” to 79988 - to donate £10

By Paypal or Secure Credit/Debit Card Online

By Bank Transfer:

transfer
Account No: 10113518
Sort Code: 16-11-14
Branch: Accrington, RBS

Please help all you can, we would be very greatful! Thankyou for reading this!

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. We are Stanley."

Made a donation and left this message

Best of luck with your fight for survival, I hope you raise the necessary £308,000. I have every sympathy for all the Accrington Stanley fans, we were nearly wound up some years ago so I know what it fells like, but at the end of the day WE are all football supporters and need to stick together and help each other out at times like these. Good Luck with your quest. The Big Dady a Southend United Supporter www.shrimperzone.com

I bet our oh so kind-hearted Premier League neighbours who also happen to wear claret & blue wouldn't try & help us out by sending a reasonable strength team down to RH (albeit in international week) to try & keep us afloat by waiving any fees etc.

Who are they...

I really hope that they get the money, it will be a shame to lose them or any team for that matter.

Back