• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Brighton sniff round Blues duo.

DTS

The Business
One of my best mates "The Pilot" (See past story in the pub when I was funnier) is a avid Brighton fan and goes most weeks.

Anyway got a text from him this morning saying that brighton have put bids in of £300k for Granty and £100k for Francis.

My mate's only ever story Southend related which he told me what that Brighton wanted Nathan Jones which of course was true.

If true sad as I would be to loose Grant would take £300k for a bloke we signed on a free last season. Francis £100k I would not be so keen on as would mean having to watch ****ofa more.

Last edited:
£300k for Granty, yes please.

£100k for Franno, not so sure. He has the talent, just needs to realise it.

Can't see it happening. We're thin on the ground big time, we appear not to be in the hunt for any new players and if we let either of them go then we're in the shi'ite in terms of squad size and depth. Would be madness. Reject both of the bids.

Can't see it happening. We're thin on the ground big time, we appear not to be in the hunt for any new players and if we let either of them go then we're in the shi'ite in terms of squad size and depth. Would be madness. Reject both of the bids.

£400k combined would give us a decent chance to rebuild in fairness plus get rid of Francis (Not that I want too as I like him) who I guess it still on Championship wages.

I hope we don't get rid of Francis, he's a cracking player on his day and worth more than £100k.

However, £300k for Granty would be a cracking piece of business.. signed him on a free and we still have JFC who can do his role. Would be a big loss, but not as big as other players and I feel that the £300k that we could get could be used to fill the gaps.

I didn't see to much of the beginning of last season due to uni commitments, but saw an awful lot of the tail end and I must say, We'd be mad to get rid of Grant now. He's settled into the squad, settled into the midfield and was brilliant in the final third of last season. £300k might seem a lot, but it'll buy you next to nothing in a market where very little is happening.

Jeff may be able to slot into his role easy enough, but selling Grant will significantly weaken our strength in depth, not to mention harm the team ethic that the management tell all who will listen it being something they wish to maintain.

For the first season in three or four years there hasn't been any wholesale changes to the squad, something which can only benefit us going into what promises to be a very difficult season in League One. I hope Grant/Francis aren't sold to keep it this way.

I'd be sad to see Grant go, but if true, £400,000 is a lot of money and I would hope Tilly could get at the VERY least £150,000 to spend on some new players.

We need to go back to basics with our transfers. Bargains from non-league like Gower, Bailey, Bentley etc - so hopefully could pick a few up with some money like that.

They can sod of for the both of them. People have their own views on francis but when hes on form he's awesome and 100k for him is not worth it. As for grant i dont think we have seen the best of him yet.

Brighton Hove Albion have two bids in.

I can confirm that Brighton have made bids for Francis and Grant. What do you think? I think we'd be mad to let them go but they have got a new owner so it depends on how much they are offering. Should we let them go if we get the right bid? ****ing Albion Scum

Would be really stupid to get rid of Grant. A lot better last season and still not the finished article IMO. Not so sure of the talent of Francis. Too on and off for my liking. When he is on his game he is brilliant, but far too often he has a bad game!!

Grant for 300k yes, Francis for 100k, no way, im am a bit reluctant to let anyone go we need to improve the squad not sell it, anyway Ron will stick the money in the war chest, NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN!!!!!

there were many games last season where I would have chipped in to pay someone to take francis off our hands, possibly the most frustrating SUFC player ever, brilliant one minute complete **** the next, as for grant.........I think Mooooooooooosa is the future in the middle of the park, finally showed last season what a good player he can/will be in the very near future, 300k for grant yes please, could make the difference in getting a couple of players in vital areas i.e. a good CB and winger

Francis im not too fussed about as he has never really done it here but we are light on defenders already without another one disappearing over the horizon.

Granty, pretty ****ed off if he goes as he was starting to come good last season and is the type of player we need to hold onto.

Watch this with interest though as this could indicate intent and what sort of transfer policy and season we will have. If they go i can't see the monies being invested back into the team which i fear will indicate a long hard season
:'(

£300k for Granty? Just shows how good he is when it's only been half a season that's really got people interested. He can be the lynchpin of our midfield, he's athletic and breaks play up well. In Jan i thought it would be JFC first choice and Grant as back-up but he's turned that round. Tell 'em to F Off.

£100k for Francis? He's been here 3 seasons now, on his day he can be brilliant but he only seems to have 2 of those a season, if we could get £150k for him I'd bite their hands off.

£300k for Granty? Just shows how good he is when it's only been half a season that's really got people interested. He can be the lynchpin of our midfield, he's athletic and breaks play up well. In Jan i thought it would be JFC first choice and Grant as back-up but he's turned that round. Tell 'em to F Off.

£100k for Francis? He's been here 3 seasons now, on his day he can be brilliant but he only seems to have 2 of those a season, if we could get £150k for him I'd bite their hands off.

what he said.

Would also mean our left midfielders would have a field day v Brighton. 6 points in the bag.

I'm torn on this one. Given that JFC looks great on his day, we have Macca and Loussa to accommodate too in midfield and the profit we'd make Grant going wouldn't be as big a loss as some other players. But he started to really come good last season, and could be a great player one player (when he cuts out the reckless yellow card offense EVERY game).

As for Franno, always been a fan but depends what we do with him. As a right back he looks out of sorts. As a centre back or right winger, he looks quality. His problem has always been concentration and confidence, but if we lost him too that'd leave our defense royally FUBAR. Herd - Barrett - N/A - Sankofa with no cover. Shaky, to say the least...

Back