• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nicky Bailey treatment

Bailey treatmten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Sorry if this has been done before, but i cannot remember.

If and when the ginger **** does return to the hall, are you gunna give him some proper OTT abuse?

OR

will you ignore the little ****er and hopes he has a crap game?

OR

applaud him?

booing ex players hasn't ever really done us any favours has it? most end up having excellent games (Roycey apart)

Felt a but sorry for Roycey that night TBH. He was a top guy. Bailey however, is not

Felt a but sorry for Roycey that night TBH. He was a top guy. Bailey however, is not

Bailey was a top player, it was the shame about the way he left... but he was too good for us and had earned his chance to move on.

I'm sorry, this is one of those very rare instances for me where, much as it's against my better judgement, I really don't think I will be able to stop myself from booing and berating and generally abusing him. I cannot forgive him for the way he treated the club and the fans and I want him to feel the animosity from the stands.

Bailey was a top player, it was the shame about the way he left... but he was too good for us and had earned his chance to move on.

No doubt he was a good player, and was obviously too good for us, but as OBL said, the whole furore surrounding his transfer was a joke

Knowing the sort of character Bailey is, surely an OTT ignore of him would be far better*.
Plus I think a certain Irishman will relish lining up against him & might do our talking for us.

Loud chants of "Al-an Mc-Cor-Mack" when the Charlton team is announced etc...

* - this as anybody who knows me quite well goes against my usual philosophy (e.g. Lee Hughes @ Oldham September 2007 & abuse of Fat Frank & Cashley at Stamford Bridge January 2009!!!)

Knowing the sort of character Bailey is, surely an OTT ignore of him would be far better*.
Plus I think a certain Irishman will relish lining up against him & might do our talking for us.

* - this as anybody who knows me quite well goes against my usual philosophy (e.g. Lee Hughes @ Oldham September 2007 & abuse of Fat Frank & Cashley at Stamford Bridge January 2009!!!)

Ah yes, Mr lampard got quite an amount of abuse from you that day IIRC :D

I'd choose to just ignore Bailey and hope Macca wipes the floor with him on the pitch. He left the club in a **** way, but when the transfer to Charlton was still in limbo, he had the decency to at least put in a very good performance at home to Peterborough last August - When he could have easily not given a toss and sat in the stands.

but when the transfer to Charlton was still in limbo, he had the decency to at least put in a very good performance at home to Peterborough last August - When he could have easily not given a toss and sat in the stands.

Once he had forgotten that he was meant to be pulling out of tackles....
The first 20 minutes he bottled everything.

Personally I think ignoring someone is better. If you berate them they know they meant something to the club once. Ignoring them makes them feel small and insignificant.

No doubt he's a good player, just his behaviour when it comes to transfers. He done the same thing at Barnet and I'm surprised he hasn't chucked his toys out his pram at Charlton...Yet !

If he's still with Charlton when we play them I will ignore the fact he's there.. booing ex players has come back to bite us in the bum, Jamal Campbell-Ryce for example.

I hope him and McCormack have a really good competative go at each other rather than them both blowing their heads like Tranmere away season before last.

I hope Macca knocks him out with a straight right.. Obviously after we are 3 up with 30 seconds to play.

I regard booing the same as singing abusive songs at the oppo fans - it is all negative.

I prefer to focus on the postive, cheer our players and sing songs supporting our team.

* - this as anybody who knows me quite well goes against my usual philosophy (abuse of Fat Frank & Cashley at Stamford Bridge January 2009!!!)

Indeed, think it was me holding my ears that day rather than you holding yours as seemed to happen at the other games we've been to!

Trouble is, Macca and him are still mates I think so not really sure he's going to want to hospitalise him on our behalf!

Indeed, think it was me holding my ears that day rather than you holding yours as seemed to happen at the other games we've been to!

Trouble is, Macca and him are still mates I think so not really sure he's going to want to hospitalise him on our behalf!

I'm not so sure things ended as rosey as people think after their altercation at Tranmere.... Could be wrong though.

I'm not so sure things ended as rosey as people think after their altercation at Tranmere.... Could be wrong though.

Last match of that season, when they did the walk round, Macca was holding one of Bailey's kids while Bailey held the other - don't really hand your kids over to people you don't trust, do you?

Last match of that season, when they did the walk round, Macca was holding one of Bailey's kids while Bailey held the other - don't really hand your kids over to people you don't trust, do you?

True,

I hope Macca dosent "hospitalise" him, As I said earlier hopefully it will be two competitive, tough tacklers having a real good go at each other.

True,

I hope Macca dosent "hospitalise" him, As I said earlier hopefully it will be two competitive, tough tacklers having a real good go at each other.

I don't think Macca will get within 5 yards of him, unfortunately

Back