• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News RM Speaks..

F***. I didn't realise that HMRC had advertised its petition. Did they issue a Stat demand first? Why didn't the club enter into discussions with them then?

The petition being advertised may well bring other creditors out of the woodwork - we just have to hope that the main one (RM himself, in his numerous guises) works out how this debt might be paid.

I just hope that the club is being well advised and is not unnecessarily wasting legal fees on turning up to court (and paying HMRC's legal fess) over debts which ought to be being scheduled in other ways.

Still, if we can't pay our tax bill, I guess that shows why we can't afford to spend any money on players...

Matt

Almost seems preemptive... in a "You'll probably see this soon, but it's best you believe me... honest" tone. Whether or not it's as plain and simple as RM indicated I don't know, but it can't be good to see this action taken, coupled with stories of the club baulking at nominal fees for potential signings.

I've always backed RM to the hilt, and will continue to as he's always been savvy with business in this sense. My faith will be brought into question however if, come August, we're still refusing to pay fees for players and it hinders our attempts.

Any post that has a load of legal/financial jargon and then the line "Supporters need not be alarmed", automatically makes me panic

All sounds a bit serious to me if HMRC are looking for a winding up order. I hope he knows what he is doing!

I should've known about this, my Dad and Mum work in the HMRC. But let's not get too carried away, we don't know what's going on behind the scene's and we shouldn't make any assumptions. Ron knows what he's doing and i'm certain that he'd rather we focus on supporting the teams whilst he sorts it out.

We join Rushden and Accrington, who also have had such petitions served against them in recent weeks.

F***. I didn't realise that HMRC had advertised its petition. Did they issue a Stat demand first? Why didn't the club enter into discussions with them then?

The petition being advertised may well bring other creditors out of the woodwork - we just have to hope that the main one (RM himself, in his numerous guises) works out how this debt might be paid.

I just hope that the club is being well advised and is not unnecessarily wasting legal fees on turning up to court (and paying HMRC's legal fess) over debts which ought to be being scheduled in other ways.

Still, if we can't pay our tax bill, I guess that shows why we can't afford to spend any money on players...

Matt

Think you are correct there, i believe it has to run for a certain amount of time to give other creditors the chance to join the petition.

We join Rushden and Accrington, who also have had such petitions served against them in recent weeks.

Accrington have always been financially troubled though and if i can remember a couple of weeks ago they were close to going into administration because they needed to pay of around £320,000 pound and luckily for them a beneficiary came in and paid a lump sum of that. Rochdale aren't in debt but they don't get a lot of money due to the small crowds that they attract, they have the worst fans to seat ratio in the country.

Crickey i just looked at it again and we must be pretty badly down the swanny if Accrington owed £320,000 but we owe over double that. But i faith in ST, PB & RM to sort this out. Maybe Stobart is coming in. Maybe we'll get a Tajikstani gas billionaire with a fetish for coastal Essex.

As RM states, the same thing happened last year and I suspect this is how a lot of clubs in the lower divisions have to operate, and even more so in today's current economic climate, than they perhaps would of a few years ago.

It is slightly worrying but I keep reminding myself that RM has an enormous amount at stake both proffesionally and personally tied up in the future of Southend United and I would hope that this situation is, to a certain extent, not worth fretting over....................................................................................yet!

As RM states, the same thing happened last year and I suspect this is how a lot of clubs in the lower divisions have to operate, and even more so in today's current economic climate, than they perhaps would of a few years ago.

It is slightly worrying but I keep reminding myself that RM has an enormous amount at stake both proffesionally and personally tied up in the future of Southend United and I would hope that this situation is, to a certain extent, not worth fretting over....................................................................................yet!

Whilst that is true i and RM i am sure would have liked to have seen an agreement in place before it got to this stage, as believe me this is the final stage! An adjournment and an agreement is what has to be looked for though this could depend on a few things.

1. The attitude of HM revenue towards this and bear it mind it happening before may not go in our favour.

2. The judge

3. To balance the view i would imagine that the other main creditors would be RM himself or subsidaries which could help.

Back