• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brian Gunn sacked - Tilson To Norwich???

MountainDrew

Youth Team
just heard this on the news gunn's contract terminated, who reckons they will come sniffing for tilly again!

Just gonna post this.

Crazy news - I think we should be worried to be honest and I wouldnt begrudge Tilson the move.

Big club (dont care what anyone says) and they will have money to spend and the resources to get back to at least a top CCC.

Is he up to the challenge if called on?

If I were Tilly or any manager in a job, I'd think twice about the Norwich job. Gunn has bought in something like 10 players over the summer, after signing a contract at Carrow Road in the spring. He hasn't been given a chance, and given what has happened to all tht other Norwich managers since Nigel Worthington went neither were they.

The rumour going around is that they will go for Aidy Boothroyd.

I for one wouldn't begrudge Tilly the opportunity, but if he goes I'd like to see him go to a club where he will be given a chance before the directors press the panic button.

If I were Tilly or any manager in a job, I'd think twice about the Norwich job. Gunn has bought in something like 10 players over the summer, after signing a contract at Carrow Road in the spring. He hasn't been given a chance, and given what has happened to all tht other Norwich managers since Nigel Worthington went neither were they.

The rumour going around is that they will go for Aidy Boothroyd.

I for one wouldn't begrudge Tilly the opportunity, but if he goes I'd like to see him go to a club where he will be given a chance before the directors press the panic button.

TBF, Gunn was hopeless, anyone could see it. How on earth he got the job in the first place is a mystery. Absolutley pitiful when that father and son ran on and lobbed their seasos at him. Looked like he was gonna cry.

Had to go and he wont get another job IMO.

Reading on 606, they have no money to pay compo - Gunn was on a 3 year contract so he will cost them quite a lot to pay off and the consensus from their fans is that it will be someone already out of work ie Boothroyd, Coppell or Curbishley.

My money is on Curbs as my Ipswich season Ticket holder mate told me that he had brought a property in East Anglia which is why they thought he was becoming their manager.

I'd be amazed if they went for Tilly with those 3 big names (let's face it Norwich ARE a big club) all out of work.

They've done it once.

Serious other contenders?...

Gordon Strachan? Mark Robins? Boothroyd? Curbishley ("only wants Prem job" - he will never work again! :D)

Yeah when Tilson's stock was very high. It's not at that level any more.

TBF, Gunn was hopeless, anyone could see it. How on earth he got the job in the first place is a mystery. Absolutley pitiful when that father and son ran on and lobbed their seasos at him. Looked like he was gonna cry.

Had to go and he wont get another job IMO.

True, but there's obvious similarities between Gunn & Tilly. Clubman through & through, the difference being that Tilly was up for the job in hand and Gunn not.

Not worried too much, thing they will go for boothroyd first and then if that was to fail then they might come sniffing around Tilly.. but what would be the main gain in going to Norwich, their not at a higher level, they have a squad of players who are unsettled and dont really know how each other play. Fair enough if they was still in the Championship then it would be a smart move, but considering how their other managers have got on since the premiership days, i dont think its a very attractive club to be joining.

Absolutely pathetic, at least give him time to turn it around, it's at times like these that you realise how odd and unlikely it is to see someone stay at a club for more than a couple of season. I'm amazed Steve Tilson is still with us, apparently he's wanted by Norwich and was courted to replace Glenn Roeder a while back but they opted for the now sacked Bryan Gunn, stay away is all i can say although i can hopefully see him not being interested if he was approached.

Oh my god a manager has been sacked, that must mean Tilly is going to move to said club!
Bothroyd or Calderwood will go there I reckon.

Back