• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Webb has not been around

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Tilly confirms in his match interview that Webby has not been around or at the matches but he talks to him on the phone now and again..

WFT?

I heard that too. Great assistant...

Tilly sounds so down at the moment, really feel for him.

webby is big mates with ron though isnt he? says it all.

AB now says the non payment of wages is very stressful and he has a wife and kids to support..He finds it hard to concentrate on his game and it is very hard for all the players under these circumstances...A few are mentally drained of it all..

Now who can we blame?

Answers on a postcard please.

AB now says the non payment of wages is very stressful and he has a wife and kids to support..He finds it hard to concentrate on his game and it is very hard for all the players under these circumstances...A few are mentally drained of it all..

Now who can we blame?

The bluebelles. For not being pretty enough.

Now who can we blame?

It's all the tax man's fault. How dare he expect to be paid what he is owed by us?!

Now who can we blame?

Lee Harvey Oswald

Now who can we blame?

I particularly liked:-

Reporter:- "Is the chairman and men at the top given you assurances about the wages position?"

Adam:- "No". (brief pause). " No it's not my position to comment, it's up to the men at the helm to comment on that".

The Webby thing now sounds like a big con, so the natives did not rebel over the sacking of Brushy.
Shame on Dave Webb as well for getting involved in it. They are both taking the P out of us.

Id be amazed if any of the players will want to play for the club next season while RM is still at the helm. These arent millionaire footballers, they are lads with partners and kids, mortgages, cars, bills, just like us.
Where the f*ck has all the money gone, how can a club with 5000 seasos and average 7000 crowds be in such a mess. Why are we the only club in the bottom 2 divisions with a winding up order? Weve sold bucketloads of good players, had plenty of fruitful cup games yet the club seems on the verge of bankruptancy. I have read all the posts on here but am still flabbergasted that we have gone downhill so quickly.

Id be amazed if any of the players will want to play for the club next season while RM is still at the helm. These arent millionaire footballers, they are lads with partners and kids, mortgages, cars, bills, just like us.
Where the f*ck has all the money gone, how can a club with 5000 seasos and average 7000 crowds be in such a mess. Why are we the only club in the bottom 2 divisions with a winding up order? Weve sold bucketloads of good players, had plenty of fruitful cup games yet the club seems on the verge of bankruptancy. I have read all the posts on here but am still flabbergasted that we have gone downhill so quickly.

Spot on. Did anyone ask Ron at the Q&A?

To be fair - I don't think we're the only ones with winding up orders _AT THE MOMENT.

Businesses everywhere are in deep expletive. I know - I work for one.

Football as a whole has not seen the only-too-obvious warning signs. Let me put it this way - if you paid £20 to see a comedian who absolutley rubbish, would you pay it again? I rather think not...

I think its pretty obvious what's going on. Webby coming "on board" was a cheap publicity stunt to take the heat out of Brushy's futile sacking. RM was never going to sack Tilly because he knew that would be suicidal, so he got rid of Brush and has brought Webby in to "assist". However, Webb knows the writing is on the wall, and he is quite disgracefully standing back waiting to see what happens. If by some small miracle we stay up, he will try to take some credit - if it goes tits up, which is looking more likely, he can quite safely come out and say he was only "advising" and it isnt his fault.

I really feel for Tilly and the team - they need our support more than ever now, because it doesnt matter what they do they wont be able to do enough!

If Webb has any dignity, he would have quietly refused Ron's offer and stayed well clear.

David Webb is Southend's answer to Dwight Schrute. He's Assistant to the Manager, not Assistant Manager.

It was always risky appointing a man who can't be involved with the club on a daily basis and he should have been appointed in an advisory role as well as Brush, not instead of.

Spoke to a few away fans in the pub an they said they had seen Webb at the Yeovil training ground quite a few times recently apparently he has some sort of doing there still, they were surprised we had him here again ! Total kop out from that tosser martin, long live Tilly N' Brush

Now who can we blame?

I think we are all heartily sick of all this. I guess I'm not the only one who feels physically sick at the moment when I think of the club's future. To be honest it's not the relegation, i can cope with it and L" after all I've supported the club for over 50 years. But i now wonder if this is the club's last season. The players must be affected. They are after all human.

Back