• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is there a manly way to carry your partner's handbag?

Is there a manly way to carry a womans hand bag?

• Total voters

chadded

Not striking since 2004
Was on holiday in Turkey this week- was alright- swam with a dolphin, but the all inclusive food at a supposed 5 star hotel was worse than Ali baba's kebab shop at 4 am.

Anyway, walking through the market one day, and the WAG asks me to hold her hand bag for a moment whilst she tried a hat on or whatever. Now, being the perfect boyfriend I oblige, but then being a man, I'm face with the dillemma of holding it without looking like I'm Stoke on Trent.

I settled on holding the bag, not the strap, in a similar way to a goalkeeper hold a football with one hand, on top of the ball.

Is there any other way to hold it without looking like you hand out in the same places as Alan Carr?

Also, this has probably been covered before, but what the **** do they carry in these bags, when men survive with pockets. Unbelievable Jeff.

Well baring in mind you only just pass as being a man I would not worry to much, failing that ask Don and Sam..they normally carry each others about.

Put it inside a DeWalt tool bag and hope another bloke doesn't approach you and ask to borrow a drill/sander/router.

Last edited:
Also, this has probably been covered before, but what the **** do they carry in these bags, when men survive with pockets. Unbelievable Jeff.

Everything you could possibly need - ask the people that needed my keyring little gadget thing on Sunday at the tournament! How much money was in that locked cash box ;)? Plus plasters, tissues, wipes, anti bac handwash AND all the usual stuff like purse, credit cards, make up, pens etc.

As to how to hold it even if only briefly, I'd recommend a clutch method - i.e. by the top, but held down at your side so it doesn't look like you're cradling it. That can look a bit camp.

I reckon the best method is to actually look fairly manly in the first place.

I also think that a slightly 'camp' pose looks fairly uncomfortable to a bloke - and conversely typically manly poses imply comfort. However, you don't want to look too accomplished or 'comfortable' with the handbag. So, I'd recommend looking as comfortable as possible, but hold the bag completely wrong - thereby implying unfamiliarity with it's normal use...

I'm sure everyone will have a different opinion, but I'm sure that we can all probably agree that this is wrong:

cristiano-ronaldo-man-bag-handbag-purse.jpg

Everything you could possibly need - ask the people that needed my keyring little gadget thing on Sunday at the tournament! How much money was in that locked cash box ;)? Plus plasters, tissues, wipes, anti bac handwash AND all the usual stuff like purse, credit cards, make up, pens etc.

As to how to hold it even if only briefly, I'd recommend a clutch method - i.e. by the top, but held down at your side so it doesn't look like you're cradling it. That can look a bit camp.

Good point, Kays hand bag had as many things in it as a swiss army knife.... including a swiss army knife!

Back