• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Sen Cup - how did the legend that is Tilson do ?

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
Sir Steve - unbelievable move Sir Steve - played in the Senior cup with the yoofs (reportedly)

anyone knows how they (he got on)?

and what a response to the current situation - went and put on a shirt -

any news ?

Was looking for a long run in this competition, winning the trophy so we could cash it in at Cashconverters and pay some bills.

Last edited:
The youth team players must be well aware that maybe 5 substitute places are up for grabs for friday night, so what an incentive to play your heart out and win, they are only our youth team but should be good enough to comfortably beat an essex senior side as in Bowers and Pitsea. The fact that they lost 1-0 doesnt seem good for friday night should any of them have to play. Also why did Tilly, as good as he once was before he retired 5 years ago and before he was 43 years of age and not match fit play? I believe we did have subs for this game. Is Tilly going to name himself as a sub friday.

The youth team players must be well aware that maybe 5 substitute places are up for grabs for friday night, so what an incentive to play your heart out and win, they are only our youth team but should be good enough to comfortably beat an essex senior side as in Bowers and Pitsea. The fact that they lost 1-0 doesnt seem good for friday night should any of them have to play. Also why did Tilly, as good as he once was before he retired 5 years ago and before he was 43 years of age and not match fit play? I believe we did have subs for this game. Is Tilly going to name himself as a sub friday.

Who says Tilly ain't match fit? He plays for Tag United and trains with the boys daily. I bet he's in much better condition than that Collymore bloke.

2001111302841599.gif

The youth team players must be well aware that maybe 5 substitute places are up for grabs for friday night, so what an incentive to play your heart out and win, they are only our youth team but should be good enough to comfortably beat an essex senior side as in Bowers and Pitsea. The fact that they lost 1-0 doesnt seem good for friday night should any of them have to play.

Cannot say I saw much playing their hearts out, think most of them should consider a career change

The youths and Tilly and Joyce were outplayed for a good part of the match and had to rely on desperate defending several times to stop a higher score-line. Better finishing by B & P and we would have been embarrassed.

Yeah but our youth team beat Arsenal in the Toomey trophy so they obviously aren't that bad. Bowers and Gifford are a pretty classy outfit and the heartening news for them is that their team of assorted brickies and newsagents are of a higher standard than Arsenal's youth (on the basis that they could overcome our youth whilst Arsenal succombed). Following this logic I wouldn't bet against Bowers and Gifford being able to go the Emirates and get a result out of the Arsenal seniors.

Back