• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So how much did the trust raise?

chadded

Not striking since 2004
Not trying to be an arsehole, but after the trust complaining about Ron Martin not getting back to them quickly enough, (when lets face it, I doubt he was watching last weeks X Factor instead of talking to the trust) how much did the bucket collecting raise?

OBL and someone else said an announcement would be made today reference the amount, and whilst I appreciate there is still 5 hours left of today, maybe the trust now realise that sometimes things get delayed. Like Ron Martin contacting them....

Or just maybe, and I don't know this, they're trying to combine it with some other news?

Just have patience.

I'm sure they would have published by now if people hadn't put in so many pennies with bits of chewing gum attached ;)

Not trying to be an arsehole, but after the trust complaining about Ron Martin not getting back to them quickly enough, (when lets face it, I doubt he was watching last weeks X Factor instead of talking to the trust) how much did the bucket collecting raise?

OBL and someone else said an announcement would be made today reference the amount, and whilst I appreciate there is still 5 hours left of today, maybe the trust now realise that sometimes things get delayed. Like Ron Martin contacting them....

Yes there will be an announcement today.

There are still donations coming in online which we are processing.

We are so sorry that the total has not been posted yet, but please bear in mind we are all volunteers, we have day jobs, we have family's to support and look after. Several of us have been working non stop now on Trust stuff since Tuesday, surely even we are allowed a few hours off !!!!!

We are so sorry that the total has not been posted yet, but please bear in mind we are all volunteers, we have day jobs, we have family's to support and look after. Several of us have been working non stop now on Trust stuff since Tuesday, surely even we are allowed a few hours off !!!!!

I will add that my tongue was located in the cheek region of my mouth when I created this thread..

Nice to know you have been beavering away :'(

I will add that my tongue was located in the cheek region of my mouth when I created this thread..

That maybe so, but when you are mentally & emotionally drained, not to mention bloody knackered it doesn't seem funny at the time:(

Just ignore me and I'll go back to what ever it was I was doing before and shut up :zip:

when i saw cricko he was standing over a couple of empty buckets. i wondered at the time if these were for his own personal use :unsure:

That maybe so, but when you are mentally & emotionally drained, not to mention bloody knackered it doesn't seem funny at the time:(

Just ignore me and I'll go back to what ever it was I was doing before and shut up :zip:

I imagine Ron Martin is feeling pretty mentally and emotionally drained and bloody knackered too just now.

I imagine Ron Martin is feeling pretty mentally and emotionally drained and bloody knackered too just now.

he looked pretty chipper last night from where I sat.

Mind you, I'm looking forward to seeing how he looks after the sponsored headshave :stunned:

It certainly would be nice to know the answer to the question raised in this thread title and also to know how much there is in the Trust's Fighting Fund.
If RM does put in place the loan(s)hinted at in his "Building blocks" OS statement by next Wednesday then there would appear to be no immediate change in ownership on the horizon.
However if (as I suspect)we go into Administration and are docked 10 points and then go into a downward spiral,facing a firesale of players in January and relegation to Division 2 soon after(and perhaps worse)then the whole picture could change fairly quickly.
If we are to become an AFC Southend United sometime in the future how ready and able IS the Trust to take over?

Last edited:
Donation Update can be found [URL="http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/home.asp?page_id=110]here[/URL].

Ok.So just under 6,000 quid if we include donations to the website and the bucket collection on Friday night.Great work by all concerned BTW.
But as a matter of interest and more general concern what does the Trust's total Fighting Fund now amount to?
I'm sure the Trust Treasurer has the figures at their fingertips?After all it's a fairly easy question to answer.
Some way off the HMRC tax bill I'd wager? :)

Last edited:
Ok.So just under 6,000 quid if we include donations to the website and the bucket collection on Friday night.Great work.
But as a matter of interest what does the Trust's total Fighting Fund amount to?
Some way off the HMRC tax bill I'd wager?

I dont believe its anything to do with paying the tax bill. I understood the fund to be, to assist in helping get the club out of administration or helping out during the time in administration in whatever way it could, should the need arise.

Whatever bills are owed at the moment, are the problem of RM and co.

I dont believe its anything to do with paying the tax bill. I understood the fund to be, to assist in helping get the club out of administration or helping out during the time in administration in whatever way it could, should the need arise.

Whatever bills are owed at the moment, are the problem of RM and co.

You're quite right of course and I don't think I suggested otherwise(not seriously anyway).:)

Back