• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Senior Cup next Wednesday

McNasty

Southend United have been drawn away to Bowers and Pitsea FC on the 28th Oct in the Essex Senior Cup.

It would be good to fill the Len Salmon Stadium in Crown Ave Pitsea and support the, probably, youth team.

£7 admission.

Who fancies it ? (SBH -- it is 100 yards from your house -- you won't need to cycle there!)

Does anyone know what Len Salmon accomplished to merit a stadium named in his honour?

According to Wikipedia Len Salmon was the inventor of the world's number one corn-based salmon flavoured snack CornSalmon.

If they are similar to Scampi Fries then I wouldn't mind a piece of that action.

Does anyone know what Len Salmon accomplished to merit a stadium named in his honour?

The footballing cliché 'he leapt like a salmon' actually has nothing to do with fish. It is in fact a nod towards Len Salmon, renowned for his ability in the air.

No need for tooling up. I'm doing the PA, no honest I am, I may drop some ads in for SoL and Zone?
Len Salmon was a great man whos passion for football and the local community was immense. Len and his Brother Bert were responsable in the developement and the formation and construction of the ground, It was named after Len in tribute to his memory and endeavours for the club.

7:45 Kick Off, £7-00 Adults and £3:00 kids

The Len Salmon Stadium
Crown Avenue
Off Kenneth Road
Pitsea
Essex
SS13 2BE

Are there many people going to this? Sir Steve playing, some of the youngsters fighting for a place on the bench on Friday and the goings on of the last few days has made my mind up - be great to get at least a couple of hundred there.

According to Wikipedia Len Salmon was the inventor of the world's number one corn-based salmon flavoured snack CornSalmon.

If they are similar to Scampi Fries then I wouldn't mind a piece of that action.

You must surely remember Alan 'Fluffer' Freeman's iconic 70's ad?

CornSalmon! It's salmon made of corn! Alright? Not 'arf! CORNSALMON!

The footballing cliché 'he leapt like a salmon' actually has nothing to do with fish. It is in fact a nod towards Len Salmon, renowned for his ability in the air.

No, that was his brother Albert Salmon - hence the cliché "He leapt like A Salmon" - apparently "He leapt like L Salmon" never caught on so he was offered naming rights to the Bowers & Pitsea stadium by way of compensation.

No, that was his brother Albert Salmon - hence the cliché "He leapt like A Salmon" - apparently "He leapt like L Salmon" never caught on so he was offered naming rights to the Bowers & Pitsea stadium by way of compensation.

well i hope your lads that played remember the name,,,,,,,likely to be playing there soon.
thats if they can find a step 5 team to sign them on

Back