• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In any event our information is that the proposed structure would still result in a 10 point deduction.

Still ? Ron must be resigned to losing the points anyway.

That statement is rather open to debate, suggests on one hand, that the takeover would not be able to be done in time to avoid the deduction. On the other hand still pursuing alternatives in hand??? Doesnt sound promising

In any event our information is that the proposed structure would still result in a 10 point deduction.

From everything i've read and heard on the radio today this was not the picture i was given. The 'proposed structure' was to pay the debt to HMRC before the ten point penalty. More sodding spin from the club, not every fan uses Shrimperzone and only gets SUFC news from the OS or the echo. My blood is boiling now.

Round about fourteen hours for Ron to save what credibility he has left and to save my faith in him. Don't really care whether we will have arrived there by misfortune or mismanagement.................we will have arrived............ and ultimately, for that, there will be one person responsible.

I'm sure I've heard at some point today (poss BBC Essex interview earlier) that the offer stood from the consortium whether or not we went into administration.

we will have arrived there by misfortune or mismanagement.................we will have arrived............ and ultimately, for that, there will be one person responsible.

Two I'd say - that utter **** King also has to take some of the blame for the day to day failings of the workings of OUR club!!!

MARTIN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if he does come up with the cash would rather have these other chaps in charge....At least they will give tilly money and pay the players on time!!

From everything i've read and heard on the radio today this was not the picture i was given. The 'proposed structure' was to pay the debt to HMRC before the ten point penalty. More sodding spin from the club, not every fan uses Shrimperzone and only gets SUFC news from the OS or the echo. My blood is boiling now.

Unfortunately a takeover of a business such as a football club cannot be done in 2-3 days. Sounds to me like HMRC will give us anymore time, so the board are sticking with the plans in hand, some kind of bridging loan i would think.

I'm sure I've heard at some point today (poss BBC Essex interview earlier) that the offer stood from the consortium whether or not we went into administration.

The Echo says that in the letter there is this quote :

We must make it clear, if this matter is not completed for whatever reason by 9:30 this Wednesday, then the offer set out above will be withdrawn without further notice.

This could mean that they will withdraw the offer and not continue with their pursuit or they could withdraw their offer and offer another takeover offer.

Round about fourteen hours for Ron to save what credibility he has left and to save my faith in him. Don't really care whether we will have arrived there by misfortune or mismanagement.................we will have arrived............ and ultimately, for that, there will be one person responsible.

My views exactly. I know he's been successful for the club and has been trying to move us to the new stadium (ambition yada yada yada) but these things happen in business. The club hasn't paid its tax for three years with him at the helm and for that there is only one man responsible. Cut the **** Ron and for once be straight with us. This club will carry on long after you've gone to the great hair salon in the sky and we'll still be here. Hopefully you will be too but it's about ****ing time you grew some balls and tell it like it is.

That's right, heard it on BBC ESSEX at about 5 today. When we now go into administration (don't believe it to be a question of 'if' anymore) the consortium can just waltz in and take control of the club from HRMC.

Lets get real here people..I had faith in Ron to ..this is the last hours we face without losing 10 points and the promise Ron always gave us that we would not face administration again whilst he was in control. FBM and I have always sided with RM, I guess as we have known the background more than most....This is IMO a sad day for the club and it seems RM will take it on the chin after a period of to many lies and deceit..

In the statement on Friday we were told that the club would know by Tuesday morning what would happen and we'd be told... Hmm, bad news to be saved until the middle of tomorrow perhaps?

In the statement on Friday we were told that the club would know by Tuesday morning what would happen and we'd be told... Hmm, bad news to be saved until the middle of tomorrow perhaps?

The latest Trust Statement says that they've been told that the outcome would not now be known until tomorrow morning. Maybe tomorrow Ron will finally come clean and stop blaming everyone but himself? On the other hand :whistling:

Emotions are running high and with that logic tends to go out the window and memories get shortened

We still don't know what has been hapening in the background. Maybe Ron could get together the £660,000 but not the £2.1 million in the new time scale. Maybe he was genuinely very very close , but it didn't come off. Maybe he hasn't tried at all.-- none of us know

in the coming days/weeks more info will come to light. lets remember that we still don't know all the facts yet - just the end result. We want and deserve answers lets hope we get them.

in the coming days/weeks more info will come to light. lets remember that we still don't know all the facts yet - just the end result. We want and deserve answers lets hope we get them.

£2.1m says we never will find out EXACTLY what's gone on over the past few weeks & months...

Back