• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Come on people lets try and be a bit positive about things allot of people on here myself included have been down in the dumps about the current state of the club and the team but what I do know is that I am sure Tilly is doing all he can along with the rest of the back room staff to steady the ship. Ok so we are having a blip at the moment (yes just a blip) I don't think in all honnesty there is too much to worry about, I think that it is game over for any play-off push but on the flip side I do think we have what it takes to stay up.
A win this Saturday with any luck and a POSITIVE crowd down at the hall should give us some breathing space and then we march on to Colchester.

Being only 24 I have no recollection of the dross that I hear about in the mid 80s that Southend played but what I do recall is some 10 years later 96 through to 99 for me the darkest time for me watching SUFC, I remember getting the coach to away games and almost knowing we will lose game in game out with a team of no real tallent to get us promoted playing in front of around 3 thousand people thinking when we play Orient 5k would turn up and Roots Hall looked busy. Then Tilson showed up and all of a sudden a new hope dawned and a new era in supporting Southend appeared and like you know the rest is history but my point is WE ARE MILES AND MILES AWAY FROM HOW BAD IT REALLY WAS!

Be thankful
Be cheerful
Keep the faith

Come on people lets try and be a bit positive about things allot of people on here myself included have been down in the dumps about the current state of the club and the team but what I do know is that I am sure Tilly is doing all he can along with the rest of the back room staff to steady the ship. Ok so we are having a blip at the moment (yes just a blip) I don't think in all honnesty there is too much to worry about, I think that it is game over for any play-off push but on the flip side I do think we have what it takes to stay up.
A win this Saturday with any luck and a POSITIVE crowd down at the hall should give us some breathing space and then we march on to Colchester.

Being only 24 I have no recollection of the dross that I hear about in the mid 80s that Southend played but what I do recall is some 10 years later 96 through to 99 for me the darkest time for me watching SUFC, I remember getting the coach to away games and almost knowing we will lose game in game out with a team of no real tallent to get us promoted playing in front of around 3 thousand people thinking when we play Orient 5k would turn up and Roots Hall looked busy. Then Tilson showed up and all of a sudden a new hope dawned and a new era in supporting Southend appeared and like you know the rest is history but my point is WE ARE MILES AND MILES AWAY FROM HOW BAD IT REALLY WAS!

Be thankful
Be cheerful
Keep the faith

Totally agree but isn't that a bit rose tinted for you Scott?

;)

We have two options, one to get behind the team and try and spur them on to better performances and safety or the other one, to kill ourselves by throwing ourselves off of the highest point of the stadium at Fossetts Farm.

I prefer the former as the latter would be a bit difficult at the moment.

As supporters isn't easy to sing shout get behind the team when everything in the garden is rosy. Well lets buck that trend of the usual 'Only sing when we're winning' football supporter and sing louder when we're losing(its hard I know). Lets get that Dunkirk(for Dunkirk read Doncaster)spirit and get behind the kids, for that is what they are. This really is a time for Southend Supporters to support THEIR team.
Top post TB.

Although it's important for fans to start a game with positive attitude, it's even more important to remember to maintain it if things don't go as we hoped straight away.

Nice to get an upbeat post, I agree whole heartedly.

ALTHOUGH! next time you get a text update TrueBlue from the club that ***** you off I'm going to copy you a link right back to this thread.

Well said Scott.

That Mid 80's dross was bad and was combined with a period when gates across the country were at an all time low, so watching a dire football team in a RH with a greater capacity than we have now (It was standing terrace for the majority, although the flats were built it still took a good 15K) but with under 2000 people was not somethingI would wish to repeat. That said it was a briefer period in the bottom tier than our last spell.

I hope this is only a blip, we endure a bad run of results around this time of the year more often than not, but we have started this one from a less stable position and in a much tighter division, but I do believe we have enough to get us out, there is no one in this squad, even Sankofa, Scannell and Freedman, who are anywhere near as bad a number of the players in previous crap sides.

Also, if the financial prudency does work, we may well find teams sliding past us due to off field problems.

Back