• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Southend United Board...

J

The Chameleon
Consists of who now?

I know it's been split into the "Playing" and "Business" side...

but who's who?

And also, as fans of our beloved club - would you accept somebody on the board with a bankruptcy order (potentially discharged) but nether the less, soembody who has been made banrupt.. which usually means - they run up a wee bit of debt...
if somebody like this was on the SUFC board - would you be happy with that?

thoughts?

A person discharged from bankruptcy can be a director of a limited company and, unless someone was made fraudulently bankrupt, what reason could you have to stop them. People are made bankrupt for their inability to pay their debts and it could be for any reason so why should it be held against someone if , for instance, sickness, divorce and the credit crunch combined to make them insolvent.

Are you trying to hint that Donald Trump is going to takeover our club?

FWIW I wouldn't have an issue with someone who had been declared bankrupt on the Board, provided that they weren't disqualified. If anything, their experience could provide valuable if they learnt from what went wrong the time before. Plenty of businesses and businessmen experience failure.

A person discharged from bankruptcy can be a director of a limited company and, unless someone was made fraudulently bankrupt, what reason could you have to stop them. People are made bankrupt for their inability to pay their debts and it could be for any reason so why should it be held against someone if , for instance, sickness, divorce and the credit crunch combined to make them insolvent.

Not stopping them... but if said person was on a board like ours - and was pretty key to things... would you accept that? Or, do you think it's not best practice - and surely a history would show that these people are incompetent with money (opinion only - and obviously it should be in context)

Not stopping them... but if said person was on a board like ours - and was pretty key to things... would you accept that? Or, do you think it's not best practice - and surely a history would show that these people are incompetent with money (opinion only - and obviously it should be in context)

Trump OUT!

If we're going to start ousting people who might have acted a bit shadily in business from the boards of Football Clubs then there won't be many people left in power...

If we're going to start ousting people who might have acted a bit shadily in business from the boards of Football Clubs then there won't be many people left in power...

Have they acted shadily or had bad luck or circumstances just gone against them ? There are many reasons for bankruptcy.

Sorry... but who's ousting anyone?

It's a legitimate question - that if a board Member joined SUFC - who was a bankrupt through poor self financial management - would you be happy?

That's the question... nothing more - nothing less..

It's a legitimate question - that if a board Member joined SUFC - who was a bankrupt through poor self financial management - would you be happy?

I wasn't mentioning anybody attempting to oust someone, just a passing comment that most successful businessmen have experienced failure and/or acted shadily at some point in their lives.

Personally, I wouldn't be too unhappy about someone who was previously bankrupt entering the board as long as their track record isn't compiled completely of failures or there's a history of unpaid debts.

J, would you prefer a crook who has never been made bankrupt ?

I dont give a crap who is on the board if they are doing whats right for the club thats fine by me

and if they hadn't.. with a track record of constantly "not doing right" by the club.

This is all if's by the way... unless you make your own assumptions.

and if they hadn't.. with a track record of constantly "not doing right" by the club.

This is all if's by the way... unless you make your own assumptions.

I'm assuming that you are pursuing your usual agenda and are trying to make the evidence fit your prejudices.

I'm assuming that you are pursuing your usual agenda and are trying to make the evidence fit your prejudices.

And, i assume you have your usual agenda of being a compete penis?
Correct me if i'm wrong...

Nothing about prejudice, this time it's about facts - facts that don't lie.. and facts that tell the truth.. and - will we ever see the facts?

Last edited:

J, is this about someone about to join or someone already on the board? pm if you prefer

Actually... ignore this post.

Last edited:
So the current board - what's the trust's representation on there? And, what's the person's remit / decision making authority?

The Website lists these as the directors: Markscheffel, Osbourne, Robinson, Van Wezel, Wilshire, Riddoch and Brunning.

The last 12 months have seen who leave? Lockett and Adamson?

Are these paid directors (the ones above) IF SO - do we know their remit on the board?

And, i assume you have your usual agenda of being a compete penis?
Correct me if i'm wrong...

Nothing about prejudice, this time it's about facts - facts that don't lie.. and facts that tell the truth. However, i will not be the one this time, who sheds the light.. however, i feel someone else, just may.

Oh, come on J, stop being enigmatic and spill the beans, you know you want to.

Back