• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Weds March 10th - Winding Up Order

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So RM and the overworked legal team are back in the docks on Wednesday, to face yet another winding up order, for unpaid debts IRO £200,000.

This is monies that RM claims to be "overpayments" on the substantial tax bill of £2.15m that was settled in November.

Obviously HMRC do not agree with this stance RM has taken and as such have slapped another WUO on us.

What does this mean on Weds then?

Do we have to pay up £200k or risk administration/liquidation?

Or will there be another adjournment, whilst more "evidence" is gatherered?

Could this be the day it goes from bad to worse for our beloved club, or will RM come out smelling of roses?

Last edited:
I think the club and the HMRC will show evidence that an out-of-court agreement has been reached and that'll be the end of it...

Is this 200,000 intrest on the original 2.1mill that was paid earlier, and the dispute with HMRC is about the amount of intrest that is still owed.

I thought the case had been referred to a tribunal to decide if we had over paid or not.

I would be surprised if the court would take any action until the tibunal had reached its conclusion.

Since we have not heard of a result from the tribunal, I suspect we shall see another adjournment.

I think that by Wednesday, HMRC will have finished counting the money, as apparantly RM paid in cash, and most of it was in bags of 1p's and 2p's, and the batteries for the money weighing machine at HMRC were dead, so they got the various work experience kids to count. The £200k shortfall is the money the kids pocketed for their lunch...

Actually, it wouldn't suprise me if the Court rules in our favour, HMRC have to pay us, and RM then comes out and uses that as a reason that the players haven't been paid.

I thought the case had been referred to a tribunal to decide if we had over paid or not.

I would be surprised if the court would take any action until the tibunal had reached its conclusion.

Since we have not heard of a result from the tribunal, I suspect we shall see another adjournment.

That was actually my view but I thought maybe ESB knew something. As we have heard nothing, and if we continue to hear nothing in advance of the hearing, I would say a furtheradjornment is odds on favourite.

I think they have to be otherwise they'd be mainlining valium.

True. Although I think the Committee know a bit more than the average fan, but unfortunately are sworn to secrecy.

I'm pretty confident a positive statement will be released this week, whether it be regarding HMRC, FF etc...

A little piece in the Echo this morning - Here

Trust seem fairly relaxed?..

“Ron Martin is one of the best people I have found for controlling things. I have great confidence he will battle through. The fans need to be patient and have faith.”

Is this guy on drugs?

True. Although I think the Committee know a bit more than the average fan, but unfortunately are sworn to secrecy.

I'm pretty confident a positive statement will be released this week, whether it be regarding HMRC, FF etc...

i'm not believing any more weather forecasts from you

Do you have any actual basis for that?

Id love to hear some good news, but if its just blind faith then Im not getting my hopes up at moment....

Probably mentioned previously, but if i owed someone a huge chunk of money i'd make sure of the amount owed rather than just pay up and haggle over the details later

all very odd if you ask me

Probably mentioned previously, but if i owed someone a huge chunk of money i'd make sure of the amount owed rather than just pay up and haggle over the details later

all very odd if you ask me

Don't forget though that HMRC changed tack at the last minute, and we had to pay the whole £2.15 million rather that the £700k (I think that was the amount) that they originally wanted from us.

I don't think we had the time to check it all. I'd rather overpay and haggle the difference later rather than check everything first and miss the deadline.

Court 76

East Block
Main Building

Before

REGISTRAR DERRETT

on

Wednesday 10 March 2010

ROBED

Not before 11:00 am​

22181 /2009 The Southend United Football Club Limited

At least we won't be lonely up there. Cardiff City face the same according to the BBC...

Back