• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Weds March 10th - Winding Up Order

SSN Breaking News:

SUFC given 35 days to pay (April 14th)
SUFC say they "have the money to pay it off in full"

As per the Echo:

SOUTHEND United escaped being wound up over a disputed tax bill by the skin of its teeth this morning.

Blues chairman Ron Martin and his legal team won a 35-day adjournment of a winding up order brought by HMRC over a 183,000 debt.

The judge narrowly allowed the reprieve after hearing about detailed financial plans to settle the debt

Erm, £183,000 debt. I guess Ron lost his argument this time.

So in summary:

We have lost the appeal.

We must pay £183,000 by April 14th or we will be wound up for certain this time.

Where the **** is this money coming from.

There must be something big brewing in terms of finance coming into the club, within the next month....

Last edited:
This all bodes well for on the pitch perfomances.............if I was a player, I would be more than a little worried as to where my next pay cheque is going to come from.
If Ron is late or doesnt pay his bills, doesnt seem to be paying his staff, is late or cant pay its overdue tax, the question begs what does he actualy do with the money.

If Ron is late or doesnt pay his bills, doesnt seem to be paying his staff, is late or cant pay its overdue tax, the question begs what does he actualy do with the money.

ShampooPackaging.jpg

Do you think that L'Oreal would be interested enough to invest in the FF development?
I could see Ron appearing in their ads (what about the rest of the team?)......and the
L'Oreal Stadium has something of a ring about it. This would certainly give new meaning to the Mexican Wave.

Do you think that L'Oreal would be interested enough to invest in the FF development?
I could see Ron appearing in their ads (what about the rest of the team?)......and the
L'Oreal Stadium has something of a ring about it. This would certainly give new meaning to the Mexican Wave.
It certainly would be a TONIC.

Back