• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barrett

Shrimp Curry

Youth Team
Lucky to stay on the pitch in the first half yet still moaning at the ref and making silly challenges afterwards. Was rightly sent off and a huge amount of stupidity especially as he is meant to lead by example. Worse thing is both challenges were in completely unnecessary areas of the pitch. Completely let down the team yet he gets applauded off the pitch by the majority of our fans. Unbelievable

Lucky to stay on the pitch in the first half yet still moaning at the ref and making silly challenges afterwards. Was rightly sent off and a huge amount of stupidity especially as he is meant to lead by example. Worse thing is both challenges were in completely unnecessary areas of the pitch. Completely let down the team yet he gets applauded off the pitch by the majority of our fans. Unbelievable

Er he tried kicking the ball and it was kicked away before he made contact so he made contact with opposition player instead never a ****ing booking!

The first one was a sliding tackle in which he won the ball. It wasn't even a foul. Right in front of me, the ref would only have seen it from behind. If he hadn't gone for it he would have been slated for 'bottling it'.

Think you were watching the wrong match and the wrong Barrett, neither was a booking and the first certainly wasn't a foul, that is why the MAJORITY of supporters clapped and cheered him, because he should not of got one booking let alone two. The ref was a total disgrace, as were at least one of the linesmen. Bless Adam Barrett and up the blues.

Er he tried kicking the ball and it was kicked away before he made contact so he made contact with opposition player instead never a ****ing booking!

It was a foul & because he had got away with a foul after his first booking, the second booking was always going to happen when he caught their player halfway up his shin. No malice, just going for the ball, but I guess the ref counted the two fouls as "half bookings" & sent him off.

If the ref was going to take action for his first booking, then surely it would have to be a straight red card or nothing. IMO, it should have been the latter!

Think you were watching the wrong match and the wrong Barrett, neither was a booking and the first certainly wasn't a foul, that is why the MAJORITY of supporters clapped and cheered him, because he should not of got one booking let alone two. The ref was a total disgrace, as were at least one of the linesmen. Bless Adam Barrett and up the blues.

totally right . The ref was the worst I have seen in some time, and its not as though we normally get great refs

As captain he should be speaking to ref as required.
Both bookings were IMHO opinion very harsh.

So schoolboy comments or a deliberate wind up ?.

The ref was a joke. If I saw any of our players go down like their right back did near the south east corner I'd want him straight out of the team. No place for it in football. The refs get mugged by it all game long. The ref today deserves to be banned for his performance. I'm sure his assorer will say he did a good job.

Eh? What match was you watching?

obviously a wum ridiculas comment neither where even fouls ref was awfull gave us nothing all second half

Barrett is a long way from being my favourite player, but the decisions were a complete joke. The first was very close to me and it wasn't a foul, let alone a booking. The second is a classic example of referees having no clue about football and not using common sense.

His laughing and joking around with Richard Keogh is what really got up my nose though.

You're having a laugh mate!!! Barrett tried to strike a loose ball eight yards from their goal and Murphy beat him to it by the narrowest of margins. Foul, free-kick and nothing more. What would you have liked him to do? Not try and score?

He dived in two footed, 100% a sending off. I cant believe their are people claiming im having a wind up. I love Barrett as much as anyone else on here but some people are so biased towards our own players its incredible. Ref was shocking I agree.

He dived in two footed, 100% a sending off. I cant believe their are people claiming im having a wind up. I love Barrett as much as anyone else on here but some people are so biased towards our own players its incredible. Ref was shocking I agree.
I really think that you know very little about the game of football, Barrett went in with a good sliding tackle, not studs up, not malicious in any way, he got the ball not the player, the player did not appeal for even a free kick. Look, play the game, learn a little about the game and then when you get to under 12 level come and talk to us, until then don't comment until you know what you are talking about.

Wont be posting on here again, cant give your opinion without getting abuse and told you know nothing about the game. Especially when one of the people telling me to f off is some kid who wanted to arrange the Martin Out protest yet didnt even know why or what he wanted to achieve! Some good posters on here but got no time for rose tinted idiots who dont want to discuss things for what they are.

Think someones after a reaction.

Last edited:
Wont be posting on here again, cant give your opinion without getting abuse and told you know nothing about the game. Especially when one of the people telling me to f off is some kid who wanted to arrange the Martin Out protest yet didnt even know why or what he wanted to achieve! Some good posters on here but got no time for rose tinted idiots who dont want to discuss things for what they are.
No, don't go away, we need people like you to make coffee and things!!!

Pheraps my first comment was huarsh but can i just say. What game was you watching?

Last edited:
Back