• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought my original post explained that! I'm not looking for big. I'm not looking for added extras. I'm not looking for superior ride comfort per se.

For £6.995 you can get an 07 plate ST150 which leaves me 3k to spend on something else, if that's what I choose. Each to their own fella :)

I don;t drive an E-Class :) but alternatively, you could get an A6 / 5 series etc for that money... don't know why you'd consider a fiesta or mazda?

Merc, BMW, Audi - i agree.

Personally i cant see the attraction of a £8k - £10k fiesta.

Have a look at CLK, build well, never gonna cost you lot - as rarely go wrong, not cheap at the pump mind.

Last edited:
I thought my original post explained that! I'm not looking for big. I'm not looking for added extras. I'm not looking for superior ride comfort per se.

For £6.995 you can get an 07 plate ST150 which leaves me 3k to spend on something else, if that's what I choose. Each to their own fella :)

An audi TT will hold it's value more than a fiesta - having lost near 50% on my wifes fiesta, which was bought new at dealer cost price as a favour owed to me for £6.2k and then sold for £3.5 a year later with only 700 miles on the clock. Whereas i know of 2 tt owners that have actually made money by the timing of their purchases/sales of convertables!

Have a look at CLK, build well, never gonna cost you lot - as rarely go wrong, not cheap at the pump mind.

Problem with the CLK is that it has the outdated COMAND system, like the W203 C-class, feels very old now. Lovely looking motors though.

I have been tempted by a mate at work with the Audi A3 2.0 TDI. Very economical at the pump for a 2L lump and holds money well. I'm caught between the boy racer in me (mid life crisis) that wants the sporty, foot to the floor away from lights kinda car and my head that tells me to think of things such as running costs, insurance, resale value etc.

See, this is why I asked you lot. If I did listen to the not so wise part of me I'd have bought that P plate TVR Chimera for 10K I saw at the weekend lol

Man up and get a proper car for ****s sake. For 10k you could get a 2004ish E-class I'd imagine

Quite right.

A grown man talking about mini's and MX-5's? Only queers and hairdressers would even contemplate such a motor.

I'd recommend one of these bad boys;

skoda_octavia_vrs.jpg

Skoda Octavia VRS

If you can ignore the stigma surrounding Skoda, you'll fall in love with this beast.

Last edited:

On that basis i know someone who's flogging a T reg Corsa. It's small it's cost efficient. It'll set you back £250, but then you've got 10k to spend on something else!!

Merc, BMW, Audi - i agree.

But when they do they are proper ***** to pay for. Not just the mechanical components, but the bodywork aswell.

But when they do they are proper ***** to pay for. Not just the mechanical components, but the bodywork aswell.
Mechanics yes, had an ecu get water damaged, that was steep. Modern Mercs always suffer with electrics. Bodywork though is the same surely, depending on who you know? Has been in my experience, once got a bmw bumper sprayed for 75 notes - can't imagine that even the mobile touch up vans would be cheaper than that

I know someone* who can do you a deal on a Turbo Charged 1.2l V0, Fiat Punto. Goes like **** off a stick. 0-62mph in 4.6 (minutes) and a top speed of 105 mph. (Downhill, with the wind behind, and nothing in the boot)

Essex Police have proof that this car lives up to its nickname of 'The Pocket Rocket.

PM for for details.

*Someone may or may not, be me.

Mechanics yes, had an ecu get water damaged, that was steep. Modern Mercs always suffer with electrics. Bodywork though is the same surely, depending on who you know? Has been in my experience, once got a bmw bumper sprayed for 75 notes - can't imagine that even the mobile touch up vans would be cheaper than that

Any private job (i.e. not insurance claim) we did in my old bodyshop was always ridiculously priced. For a simple Bumper respray we'd have charged anywhere between £150-£200.

Mercedes bodywork mostly comprises of Aluminium panels these days, which is more expensive than steel, and more of a pig to work on.

Back