• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News High Court Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
my big worry is that the money sainsbury's are giving us now is money that is due to be used elsewhere...so surely it wont be long until we are in the same predicament and where will the money come from next time...

Yep once we are clear of this problem you have to ask why we wont have further issues when we seem incapable of paying the players, incapable of paying the tax man etc

Do we know exactly which tax money this is and which periods it is for?

If it's VAT it will be re-occuring every 3 months and if it's the PAYE/NIC deducted from the players and staff's wages it is every month. How far from being up to date (in the sense of when it should be paid, not by the time HMRC have to resort to court proceedings) will this c£400k make it?

If the money is gonna be there in 24 hours why a 7 day adournment and not a 24 or 48 hour one?

If the money is gonna be there in 24 hours why a 7 day adournment and not a 24 or 48 hour one?

Have you ever tried to sort out a meeting with 24hrs notice?

I'd guess it's common that an adjournment is a minimum of 7 days, just for practical reasons alone...

No, NOT SETTLED. How can you honestly sit there, and let this **** play chess with your football club like this? How can you be so accepting of this absolute **** for what he is doing...

It should never have got to this stage, ever. Let alone 35 days after our final warning, and we still haven't paid yet. Shocking mismanagement from the man, and i use the term loosely, at the top.

It was painstakingly obvious that, as soon as the council rubber stamped Sainsbury's proposal to undertake half of our S106 obligations, they were heavily involved with the club and it didn't take a genius to work out that they'd be footing the tax bill for a second occasion.

The hearing today, I'd imagine, consisted of RM pulling up, saying "Sainsbury's are paying, it'll be in your account tonight or tomorrow" and the registrar giving us a final seven day adjournment to cover any potential mishaps in the payment procedure.

RM might be one to **** about with the HMRC, but Sainsburys aren't.

No, NOT SETTLED. How can you honestly sit there, and let this **** play chess with your football club like this? How can you be so accepting of this absolute **** for what he is doing...

It should never have got to this stage, ever. Let alone 35 days after our final warning, and we still haven't paid yet. Shocking mismanagement from the man, and i use the term loosely, at the top.

Have to say I agree with you, you do get the feeling it's only a matter of time before we go under at this rate.
:'(

Full of Bollox.. yet again - where's the Money for it big man?

"Well, this is another great victory for SUFC..."

******** - You're time is coming you pathetic little cretin.

Text from Rob reads: £400k, which is slightly more than we owe, has been moved from a major retailers account (Sainsbury's) into that retailers solicitors account and will be paid to HMRC either this afternoon or tomorrow. The Hearing next Wednesday is final, and the registrar meant final this time.

There, it would appear. Why do I still get the feeling you would be content to see SUFC fold if it proved you right about RM?

Spot on, J.

I think we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief for now. I really thought this was it.

But what about the next time we need money? And the next time?

And what about regular and up-to-date payment of all wages? And having a proper squad capable of competing? And the morale in the camp? And which end of league two will we be in next year?

Does anyone know whether during the adjournment HMRC had consented to the 7 day extension? Or is the fact that we continue to exist at all and got yet a further final extension down to pure luck as to which Registrar we got and what sort of mood they were feeling - ie did HMRC try to actually get us wound up today or did they agree to the extension?

No doubt some people will come on here and tell us Ron won and he has always had it all under control. Maybe when we're sitting amongst 10-15,000 fans at Fossetts Farm in League One at the start of the 2012/2013 season, maybe then some of us doubters will finally be won over. But really this is no way to run our football club, or any business for that matter.

Last edited:
That was the issue I raised earlier, if the money is sitting in an account surely to God it should have been transferred already instead of bloody well sitting on it. And that's probably really ****ed up my Nectar points.

Because Sainsbury's weren't going to commit a penny until the 106 was passed, which was only yesterday.

my big worry is that the money sainsbury's are giving us now is money that is due to be used elsewhere...so surely it wont be long until we are in the same predicament and where will the money come from next time...

Exactly, this is far more the issue than whether we will have paid in 7 days or not.

UOTE=ldnfatso;1140026]If the money is gonna be there in 24 hours why a 7 day adournment and not a 24 or 48 hour one?[/QUOTE]

If the so called 400k was in an account why was it not paid before hand....as per normal this is waiting on tomorrow.....one day his tomorrows will run out..

He has no money , never had and relied on borrowings against assets..and the line of credit is run out....Sainsbury's are his only saviour.

So what do you propose then J ??

If the so called 400k was in an account why was it not paid before hand....as per normal this is waiting on tomorrow.....one day his tomorrows will run out...

Because the S106 deal was only agreed yesterday, and Sainsbury's weren't going to committ to such a deal until that was passed.

The finance has been transferred from Sainsburys to their solicitor's account and will be transferred later today or tomorrow. As ever, there's bound to be a considerable amount of paperwork to be completed to coincide the transfer instead of just punching the numbers into a computer and sending it away.

1. Like it or not, J, the only option we have is to follow RM. And so far he has managed to avoid administration and winding up, and now seems to have some serious financial muscle on board. He is in fact doing better than at least 50 of his contemporaries at other football clubs over the last 10 years. Your personal distaste for this man is irrelevant.

2. Once again you use a slang term for Down's people as a term of insult. I work with Down's, and I find your use of that term disgusting. Grow up.

So Grays youd rather be sitting in roots hall watching third rate footie week in week out for the rest of your life with no Ambition or shiney new stadium. fair play if thats what you want ,me having supported the blues since the days of 72 are more than happy to have a couple more seasons of lower league football allbeit poor but Ron has and is turning the situation that we have been in for decades and its the furthest we have ever come to being on the brink of something real special. If youre happy for the team to go under and maybe some sort of consortium to step in thats your choice. Southend has sailed continuosly close to being wound up most years even in the re election days but unlike now with the net we get to hear more about what goes on. Ron is the man to get us through it whom without we would have been wound up 10 years ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back