• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Has it been paid yet?

J

The Chameleon
Well? Where's the statement.. why are we still waiting for this resolution????!!!

Am i right in saying, that said within 24 hours, yesterday. SO that would make it no later than tonight?

I'd hazard a guess at it being within the exclusive interview inside the Echo tomorrow...

But, surely they would break it first on the OS? No?

Depends on how the negotiations with the Echo went today. If they agreed to ease off in exchange for a few readership boosting exclusives, then it's a beneficial deal for both parties.

Depends on how the negotiations with the Echo went today. If they agreed to ease off in exchange for a few readership boosting exclusives, then it's a beneficial deal for both parties.

It's local press, how beneficial to the Echo would it be? Especially when they post their stories online... i know there's the ticket deal.. but still?

Anyway, i'm playing devil's advocate, i just thought he would want to shout from the roof tops of how he saved the club.. again.

It's local press, how beneficial to the Echo would it be? Especially when they post their stories online... i know there's the ticket deal.. but still?

Anyway, i'm playing devil's advocate, i just thought he would want to shout from the roof tops of how he saved the club.. again.

There's been a few occasions, especially over the last few months, where stories have been kept in print and then posted on the site the next day. The Sainsbury's deal which effectively saved us being the most recent.

How many Southend fans do you reckon would spend 30p if they saw "Blues Exclusive!" on the billboards when passing Smiths or a newsagent?

I fully expect it to be announced tomorrow afternoon, just after it's reported briefly on the Echo website with "full interview in today's Echo" written just after it.

There's been a few occasions, especially over the last few months, where stories have been kept in print and then posted on the site the next day. The Sainsbury's deal which effectively saved us being the most recent.

How many Southend fans do you reckon would spend 30p if they saw "Blues Exclusive!" on the billboards when passing Smiths or a newsagent?

I fully expect it to be announced tomorrow afternoon, just after it's reported briefly on the Echo website with "full interview in today's Echo" written just after it.

Fair enough.. we'll see. Let's hope there hasn't been any last minute glitches then.. That must have been some serious arse crawling either from the Echo, or RM himself. Who wanted who more? RM and the ticket deal? Or Echo and exclusive?

I bet you we'll be kept waiting until next Wednesday when the winding up petiton is officially heard and defeated.

Exactly.

The Echo agree to keep their Woodward and Bersteins on a short lead and in return they get a weekly column by one of our players - possibly with an amusing pun based title such as Mark Gower's 'Mark my words'.

Another idea could be for Ron to review new club/dance tracks in a regular feature called 'House Martin'.

Exactly.

The Echo agree to keep their Woodward and Bersteins on a short lead and in return they get a weekly column by one of our players - possibly with an amusing pun based title such as Mark Gower's 'Mark my words'.

Another idea could be for Ron to review new club/dance tracks in a regular feature called 'House Martin'.

My mole tells me it is going to be vignettes from one of our ex players North of the Border, with the working title "From our Forran Correspondent".

Jesus christ, I thought it was a rip off when it cost 30p and I delivered it when I was 13.

Jesus christ, I thought it was a rip off when it cost 30p and I delivered it when I was 13.

When I delivered it in 1974 it was 12 1/2 p for the whole week. And some folk moaned then about the 1/2p when I collected the cash each week. Though the rich ones at the top of Kents Hill Rd North in Sarf Benfleet tipped well.

Once when collecting the money in heavy snow someone's front door got stuck. They pulled it hard to open and the vibrations shifted all the snow off the top of the roof to bury me, sending my cash collection everywhere. Never recovered it all and the woman who was responsible for our collections made me make the difference good out of my own pocket. Let her tyres down that night. Take a mossey on down to around 75 Kents Hill Road North or thereabouts and you might still find the odd penny lying around.

Still though my best ever job to date.

When I delivered it in 1974 it was 12 1/2 p for the whole week. And some folk moaned then about the 1/2p when I collected the cash each week. Though the rich ones at the top of Kents Hill Rd North in Sarf Benfleet tipped well.

Once when collecting the money in heavy snow someone's front door got stuck. They pulled it hard to open and the vibrations shifted all the snow off the top of the roof to bury me, sending my cash collection everywhere. Never recovered it all and the woman who was responsible for our collections made me make the difference good out of my own pocket. Let her tyres down that night. Take a mossey on down to around 75 Kents Hill Road North or thereabouts and you might still find the odd penny lying around.

Still though my best ever job to date.

The Hovis music was playing in my head while I read that.

Back