• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadium delayed "by 10 to 12 months" or possibly 10-12 years !!!

Precisely. At last someone's hit the nail on the head.

Only Ron Martin, Tilly and SZ lovers are allowed to post without everyone trying to shoot them down in flames for having an opinion.

We hav a chairman with an ego the size of anelephant who is not a football lover. Quite a good mix eh !!!

Sorry dd I critisize ??

Thats just rhetoric though, post something with some substance and people might actually listen!

Precisely. At last someone's hit the nail on the head.

Only Ron Martin, Tilly and SZ lovers are allowed to post without everyone trying to shoot them down in flames for having an opinion.

We hav a chairman with an ego the size of anelephant who is not a football lover. Quite a good mix eh !!!

Sorry dd I critisize ??

You have every right to be critical if that is your wish, providing your posts are not potentially libellous.

However do not be surprised if people disagree with your views, SZ has a diverse membership with disparate views and long may that continue, and long may you continue making your points.

I am all rather confused, i know Ron has come out and said not to believe the ECHO and that.... but we got given the green light to start building work a little while ago now... where is the building work?

Starting in the spring, according to Ron in his BBC Essex interview that started all this off.

The reason we are in a recession right now is due to the fact that when times were booming, the government kept on spending and didn't save for the hard times, which is why they now find themselves up the creak without a paddle.

I hate to bring up old posts. But you're talking rubbish. This is a global recession, not due to this government or overspending etc. There are many many possible causes, the main ones being bandied about include the American sub-prime crisis and the level of food inflation across the world.

<Originally Posted by Southend_Lady
The reason we are in a recession right now is due to the fact that when times were booming, the government kept on spending and didn't save for the hard times, which is why they now find themselves up the creak without a paddle.<

This is of course typical Tory twaddle.I'm suprised at you OBL.I've always found your previous posts measured and sensible.
I don't think that even the Shadow-shadow Chancellor(and I'm a big fan of his)could do any better in the present circumstances.Maybe Vince Cable would though :-)

<Originally Posted by Southend_Lady
The reason we are in a recession right now is due to the fact that when times were booming, the government kept on spending and didn't save for the hard times, which is why they now find themselves up the creak without a paddle.<

This is of course typical Tory twaddle.I'm suprised at you OBL.I've always found your previous posts measured and sensible.
I don't think that even the Shadow-shadow Chancellor(and I'm a big fan of his)could do any better in the present circumstances.Maybe Vince Cable would though :-)

Errrmmm, excuse me, that's nothing to do with me! God, I get the blame for a lot of stuff on here, but I'm not taking it for clearly someone else's post! Btw, measured and sensible.....are you sure?! :unsure:

I hate to bring up old posts. But you're talking rubbish. This is a global recession, not due to this government or overspending etc. There are many many possible causes, the main ones being bandied about include the American sub-prime crisis and the level of food inflation across the world.

Their may be a global recession but why is it that we as a country seem to have been hit hardest of all? Progressive governments since thatcher have allowed our manufacturing industry to vanish in favour of making quick big bucks from the banking industry. Hence we became the banking capital of the world. (sort of like iceland but bigger). To aid this revenue stream, THIS government set about de-regulating the banking sector. The banking sector is run on the basis of greed, both corporate and individual. Consiquently, For 8 years, everyone was happy. The traders were offered and happily took vast bonuses for business that was less than blue chip. The corporations were happy as their books told them that they were making vast sums on interest, the government were happy to turn a blind eye as the tax revenue stream from the city was so large. Then boom It all started to unravel..and suddenly people started to realise that all this 'money' was never actually there as such..just figures on a book. The traders dont care, they made their fortunes in the good times, the banks dont care as they have the government over a barrell and will not be allowed to go to the wall.
Other european countries like germany & france still have a large manafacturing base and are therefore not slaves to the banking system. Unfortunately, our government sold this country,s soul to the devil for a fast buck. So you see Napster, you shouldnt be so quick to shoot SL,s post down in flames and then say it might be food prices. ha ha

Last edited:
<Errrmmm, excuse me, that's nothing to do with me! God, I get the blame for a lot of stuff on here, but I'm not taking it for clearly someone else's post! Btw, measured and sensible.....are you sure?! <

.My apologies.Sorry if it wasn't you.I took the quote directly from Napster's post without double checking.BTW I think your posts are usually measured and sensible :-)

Last edited:
<Errrmmm, excuse me, that's nothing to do with me! God, I get the blame for a lot of stuff on here, but I'm not taking it for clearly someone else's post! Btw, measured and sensible.....are you sure?! <

.My apologies.Sorry if it wasn't you.I took the quote directly from Napper's post without double checking.BTW I think your posts are usually measured and sensible :-)

Think you'll find it was Southend Lady - about 20+ years younger and a lot less "old"!

<Think you'll find it was Southend Lady - about 20+ years younger and a lot less "old"!<

Ah.I'll have to bear it in mind that there are two of you posting with very similar pen names.
Which reminds me who is this Barna Bas trialist?Can there really be two of us posting from Barna?

Their may be a global recession but why is it that we as a country seem to have been hit hardest of all? Progressive governments since thatcher have allowed our manufacturing industry to vanish in favour of making quick big bucks from the banking industry. Hence we became the banking capital of the world. (sort of like iceland but bigger). To aid this revenue stream, THIS government set about de-regulating the banking sector. The banking sector is run on the basis of greed, both corporate and individual. Consiquently, For 8 years, everyone was happy. The traders were offered and happily took vast bonuses for business that was less than blue chip. The corporations were happy as their books told them that they were making vast sums on interest, the government were happy to turn a blind eye as the tax revenue stream from the city was so large. Then boom It all started to unravel..and suddenly people started to realise that all this 'money' was never actually there as such..just figures on a book. The traders dont care, they made their fortunes in the good times, the banks dont care as they have the government over a barrell and will not be allowed to go to the wall.
Other european countries like germany & france still have a large manafacturing base and are therefore not slaves to the banking system. Unfortunately, our government sold this country,s soul to the devil for a fast buck. So you see Napster, you shouldnt be so quick to shoot SL,s post down in flames and then say it might be food prices. ha ha

I think Japan and America have been far far worse hit than us, and have a decent manufacturing base.

I think Japan and America have been far far worse hit than us, and have a decent manufacturing base.

I doubt it. Japan is only really affected as a third party due to being a large exporter to the west. THe japs learned thier lessons from their own meltdown some time ago (15 years i think). America is obviously badly affected however, It would be a close call to decide which one of us is worst off. I fear it is us though which is reflected in the fall in value of sterling against all other major currencys including the dollar.

Does anyone have any concrete dates on when work is due to begin, does summer mean, June, July or August?
Or does anyone know who the main contractor for the project is?

Back