• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hardly an overpowering win for the Rays against the lowly Orioles at the Trop, but it will still go down as one of the 100 that they get this year, and any walk-off victory is a sweet one.

Guys, Im going to Florida next month and wanted to take in a Ray's game and wondered if anyone can help. The week I am looking at they are playing the Red Sox, and then the White Sox, evening games.

Where would be the best place in the stadium to get tickets. Ideally I'd just want a decent ish view without paying a fortune. Also, are any of the days likely to be less busy than others? Ie the first game against each opposition or the last?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Guys, Im going to Florida next month and wanted to take in a Ray's game and wondered if anyone can help. The week I am looking at they are playing the Red Sox, and then the White Sox, evening games.

Where would be the best place in the stadium to get tickets. Ideally I'd just want a decent ish view without paying a fortune. Also, are any of the days likely to be less busy than others? Ie the first game against each opposition or the last?

Cheers.

Awesome. That's when they are holding the Carlos Pena Toothpick Holder promotion.

Rusty can probably advise better on where to sit, but I shouldn't have thought it would be a problem getting tickets for the White Sox. The Red Sox games are likely to be busier.

It shouldn't make much difference whether it is the first or last game of the series (although managers are often keener to rest players on get-away days), its probably more of a factor to look for the pitching match-ups. It's likely to be busier if two aces are up against each other, but it's a bit early to work out who'll be facing who.

Elsewhere in Florida there were certainly plenty of empty seats for the recent Marlins v Reds series.

Last night Ubaldo Jimenez threw the first no hitter in Rockies history. It wasn't exactly the best no hitter you'll ever see as he gave up 6 walks, but quite an accomplishment for him nevertheless.

YB - naughty Reds http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5119303 - suspension is hardly crushing as he is already on the DL, really teaches the guy a lesson.

Blimey. Wonder if that is to get over injury, or if that is how he managed to generate all that heat in the first place.

That's possibly the most meaningless sanction ever. He's recovering from Tommy John surgery and wasn't due back until after that anyway.

He was on something close to league minimum so assuming the Reds don't have to pay that (do clubs pay suspended players and then MLB takes it off them, or do clubs just stop the pay-check?) this is probably the first good news for a week - we've been swept by the Pirates and have lost 5 straight. Big night for Homer Bailey, who has had a really poor start to the season and has loaded the bases already in the 1st:'(

Cheers.

I haven't been to a home Rays game since they became competitive, so I'm not sure if things have changed that much since then, but you used to be able to rock up a few minutes before game time and pretty much sit wherever you want. However, that's not the case when the BoSux, Yanks, and to a lesser extent ChiSox are in town as they have large fan bases in the St Pete area, so book in advance. If you can get tickets for the party area that is a good laugh, but the view isn't great. You should be able to get something around third base a few rows up if you book now - will probably be in the region of $40 a ticket.

The first or last game of a series isn't much of a factor, it's more a case of what day the game falls on - obviously weekends are busier. I'd encourage you to try and get to a game where Matt Garza is pitching - he is bringing some sick stuff so far this year (0.75 ERA).

One last thing, make sure you no your way back to the hotel or the freeway from the Trop - there are some very seedy neighbourhoods only a few minutes away if you make a wrong turn. On my first visit there, we had a Griswald family 'wind 'em up' moment a few blocks from the stadium.

I haven't been to a home Rays game since they became competitive, so I'm not sure if things have changed that much since then, but you used to be able to rock up a few minutes before game time and pretty much sit wherever you want. However, that's not the case when the BoSux, Yanks, and to a lesser extent ChiSox are in town as they have large fan bases in the St Pete area, so book in advance. If you can get tickets for the party area that is a good laugh, but the view isn't great. You should be able to get something around third base a few rows up if you book now - will probably be in the region of $40 a ticket.

The first or last game of a series isn't much of a factor, it's more a case of what day the game falls on - obviously weekends are busier. I'd encourage you to try and get to a game where Matt Garza is pitching - he is bringing some sick stuff so far this year (0.75 ERA).

One last thing, make sure you no your way back to the hotel or the freeway from the Trop - there are some very seedy neighbourhoods only a few minutes away if you make a wrong turn. On my first visit there, we had a Griswald family 'wind 'em up' moment a few blocks from the stadium.

Would you recommend a pitcher's dual or a home run derby as a spectacle though?

Would you recommend a pitcher's dual or a home run derby as a spectacle though?

I enjoy watching Garza pitching lights out and the Rays' bats having a one team home run derby (as they did in Boston and Chicago), but that might not be much of a spectacle for a neutral. Both have their merits but I guess if you're actually at the park you want to see a high scoring game - a pitchers' duel probably works better on TV.

Garza obviously reads SZ and was so shaken by my unbridled praise that he went out and pitched horribly in his next outing at home to the surprising Jays. The Rays bounced back yesterday to preserve their half game lead over the Yanks, and are really providing a tonic in these desperate days of supporting the Shrimpers.

Before the season started I mentioned to my pal YB that the Rays would win 120 games. They are currently on pace to win 122.

The Sux/Yanks series is being hyped by ESPN America as 'the biggest rivalry in baseball'. I regard it as 'the battle for second place'.

Before the season started I mentioned to my pal YB that the Rays would win 120 games. They are currently on pace to win 122.

The Sux/Yanks series is being hyped by ESPN America as 'the biggest rivalry in baseball'. I regard it as 'the battle for second place'.

Whilst the Rays have my full support against the evil empire, they may have to hit a bit better against the likes of Dallas Braden. Or at least step on his pitching mound....

They interviewed Braden and his Gran on ESPN yesterday and they still wont let go of the A-Rod story... Fair play to the Rays though in letting all these other teams have perfect games against them.

Hitting up Yankee Stadium this weekend to see the world champs against the Twins - luckily right now the schedule shows i dont have to go through the pain of watching vazquez pitch..

They interviewed Braden and his Gran on ESPN yesterday and they still wont let go of the A-Rod story... Fair play to the Rays though in letting all these other teams have perfect games against them.

Hitting up Yankee Stadium this weekend to see the world champs against the Twins - luckily right now the schedule shows i dont have to go through the pain of watching vazquez pitch..

I see it as a nod to their heritage.

They may not have as much of it as my Redlegs, but it's good to see them pay tribute to it.

You've got to love Braden's Gran's comments.

It shows how far the Rays have come when Yankees' fans are cracking on them - even with that perfect game, Tampa Bay's run differential crushes that boasted by the pinstripers, although obviously the win-loss record is a little tighter.

I see it as a nod to their heritage.

They may not have as much of it as my Redlegs, but it's good to see them pay tribute to it.

You've got to love Braden's Gran's comments.

I hate to admit that the heritage blast made me chuckle. Braden's Gran should apply for a job with the Raiders.

It shows how far the Rays have come when Yankees' fans are cracking on them - even with that perfect game, Tampa Bay's run differential crushes that boasted by the pinstripers, although obviously the win-loss record is a little tighter.

Ill be honest they look nasty - i know the yanks took the series in Tampa but i wouldnt be surprised to see them win the division with the amount of runs (A's excluded ;)) they put up on a daily basis.

I think the Yanks and Sux are playing for second in the division......

Back