• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rafa "Top 4" Benitez

If they have actually sacked him, he doesn't need a job as he will get a load from compensation (£16m according to the article). That's the problem with long term deals.

Ah well, it was funny while he ruined Liverpool, but with him off, does that mean that Torres and Gerrard are off, leaving them with an average Premiership team.

If they have actually sacked him, he doesn't need a job as he will get a load from compensation (£16m according to the article). That's the problem with long term deals.

Ah well, it was funny while he ruined Liverpool, but with him off, does that mean that Torres and Gerrard are off, leaving them with an average Premiership team.

Depends who takes over, and if the sale of the club goes through.

Depends who takes over, and if the sale of the club goes through.

They value the club at £1bn ...... so I doubt that they will get anyone stupid enough to buy it, especially with all that debt. How can they be worth that!

Gerrard will be off to Madrid no doubt. What Jose wants Jose gets, plus Stevie G has always said Alonso is the best player hes ever played with. Torres might stay, depends on his world cup and who takes over at Anfield.

Gerrard will be off to Madrid no doubt. What Jose wants Jose gets, plus Stevie G has always said Alonso is the best player hes ever played with. Torres might stay, depends on his world cup and who takes over at Anfield.

I really hope they leave, I can't stand it when people (mainly ex-Liverpool players) saying that the people of Liverpool 'deserve' a top football team.

Most liverpool fans are outraged by this, I would love to tell them that watching liverpool last season was so boring I actually let the wife take the remote control and choose something else to put on

Most liverpool fans are outraged by this, I would love to tell them that watching liverpool last season was so boring I actually let the wife take the remote control and choose something else to put on

I don't know why Liverpool were ***** for 95% of last season! See ya Rafa!

Oh right, so this means another pretend season for Liverpool, where it is definitely their year this year. (Admittedly I said that this year) !

I don't know why Liverpool were ***** for 95% of last season! See ya Rafa!
Degen, Dossena, Riera, Ngog, Voronin and all the other bundles of **** at Anfield last season.
Who you want to replace him then?

Degen, Dossena, Riera, Ngog, Voronin and all the other bundles of **** at Anfield last season.
Who you want to replace him then?

Tbh I would put Lucas (although he has improved) Insua, Kyrgiakos, El Zhar and Plessis in that list as well.

The squad as a whole is comple and utter tosh. Decent backbone, but nothing else.

Need a massive injection of cash, a clear-out of a good 7-10 players and a total rebuild.

Bit like us really!

Last edited:
Tbh I would put Lucas (although he has improved) Insua, Kyrgiakos, El Zhar and Plessis in that list as well.
Lucas probably should be on that list, he's ****, although he is improving and when going forward, as he did in Brazil, he was pretty good, Rafa playing him in the wrong position maybe?
Insua is an average player with potential but not ready yet, it's just unlucky that Aurelio has had so many injuries and Dossena's so **** that he has had to be Liverpool's main left back all season.
Kyrgiakos, or "Soto", is a bit of a cult figure at the club, undoubtedly fourth choice, not Rafa's first choice but his only choice as he had less than £5M to spend on a centre back after spending so much on Glen Johnson last summer. He's largely expected to go back to Greece when his contract ends at the end of the coming season as his family still haven't moved over to the UK and he's been living in hotels all season.
El Zhar is ****, an average player in the Championship.
Plessis has potential but is 22 now and should probably be let go or at least loaned out.
When you add on some of Rafa's other signings it just looks worse, this is a list of his signings and the worst are in bold, ones still at the club are italic, this is after removing about 40 youth team players who were bought and then sold on to lower league clubs or released, only the key ones have remained:
Fernando Torres
Robbie Keane
Ryan Babel
Xabi Alonso
Dirk Kuyt
Albert Riera
Andrea Dossena
Peter Crouch
Lucas Leiva
Jermaine Pennant
Martin Skrtel
Craig Bellamy