• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

**** off itv

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Enough is enough.

Now we no longer have a Scottish government, can we please ban ITV from showing England games.

It's bad enough having to listen to that **** Tyldesley, putting up with Southgate's shirt and Townsend's faux patriotism but I could maybe put up with such irritants if ITV weren't the world's biggest jonahs.

I still hold Keggy Keggle responsible for that defeat against Romania and for David "Gareth" Batty's penalty miss

England's run of tournament failures over the past 20 odd years can be laid almost entirely at the feet of ITV.

No more.

Ban them. Enact legislation for the greater good. Save us from Tyldesley and save us from perpetual disappointment.

Enough is enough.

Now we no longer have a Scottish government, can we please ban ITV from showing England games.

It's bad enough having to listen to that **** Tyldesley, putting up with Southgate's shirt and Townsend's faux patriotism but I could maybe put up with such irritants if ITV weren't the world's biggest jonahs.

I still hold Keggy Keggle responsible for that defeat against Romania and for David "Gareth" Batty's penalty miss

England's run of tournament failures over the past 20 odd years can be laid almost entirely at the feet of ITV.

No more.

Ban them. Enact legislation for the greater good. Save us from Tyldesley and save us from perpetual disappointment.

Interesting theory.:)
Personally,I think "perpetual disappointment" is the lot of the England fan.:'(

ITV are so bad at footie coverage its untrue, the commentary is pants always has been, the BBC is so much better at putting it together. I bet Adrian was well pleased after his publicised move went so badly.

Before the USA game I said it would take Tyldeseley about 3 minutes to mention 1966, in fact it was more like 3 seconds.

The ITV coverage has truly plumbed the depths and is truly abysmal. Adrian Chiles looks completely ill at ease and he would have done well to note what happened to Bob Wilson, Des Lynam & Steve Rider when they switched from the Beeb to ITV, their careers generally sinking without trace.

Even Adebayor with his impenetrable West African accent speaks more sense than Edgar Davids, Keegan & Vieira combined.

If, and it is a big IF, we now progress, can't we watch BBC all the way to the final now?

By the way, do they release figures for BBC vs ITV when they both show games?

If, and it is a big IF, we now progress, can't we watch BBC all the way to the final now?

By the way, do they release figures for BBC vs ITV when they both show games?

I think the agreement is that the BBC cover the next two games, and then it becomes a free for all if England go through.

:D

Looks as though the BBC got the raw end of that deal!

Possibly, but IIRC there's a parallel here, in 1986 & 1990 England were dia****ingbolical in the group stages, a defeat & draw in 86, before a Lineker hat trick, and two draws in 90 before Mark Wright's skimmed header. I am fairly sure ITV covered the early group games then.

Possibly, but IIRC there's a parallel here, in 1986 & 1990 England were dia****ingbolical in the group stages, a defeat & draw in 86, before a Lineker hat trick, and two draws in 90 before Mark Wright's skimmed header. I am fairly sure ITV covered the early group games then.

Not just 86 and 90.

Can anyone find a list as to what games were on what channels?

Agreed the pundits are excruiating and the commentators over the top and annoying. Funnily enough the only pundit I liked on ITV was Robbie Earle! BBC by contrast have good commentators who dont like the sound of their voice too much and the pundits have been very good, with Seedorf and Klinsmann good additions.

Townsend was criticising Capello on Saturday for not knowing anything other than 4-4-2. I'm pretty sure Fabio was quite successful in his former job.

The best pundit I saw was Craig Johnston the other night on the Jubilajani ball or whatever its called. Very knowledgeable.

The BBC lost some of my respect when they invited that plank Adebayor to be a regular studio guest though.

What is it with the broadcasters that inspires them to pick these random footballers to give their 'expert' opinion during competitions like this.....

Townsend was criticising Capello on Saturday for not knowing anything other than 4-4-2. .
Out of all of them I do think Andy townsend is the best of a bad bunch, but the commentator who does the games always ponounces the individual footballer name in there native tongue. It drives me insane!

For anyone who's interested. TV Broadcasters since 1990

ITALY 90 IRELAND ITV DREW
HOLLAND BBC DREW
EGYPT BBC WON
BELGIUM BOTH WON
CAMEROON BOTH WON
GERMANY BOTH LOST
ITALY BBC LOST

France 98 TUNISIA BBC WON
ROMANIA ITV LOST
COLOMBIA BBC WON
ARGENTINA ITV LOST

KOREA/JAPAN 02 SWEDEN ITV DREW
ARGENTINA BBC WON
NIGERIA BBC DRAW
DENMARK BBC WON
BRAZIL BOTH LOST

2006 GERMANY PARAGUAY BBC WON
TRINIDAD ITV WON
SWEDEN ITV DREW
ECUADOR BBC WON
PORTUGAL BBC LOST

Since 1990, when ITV Has been the sole broadcaster in the UK for an England World Cup game, we have won only once against Trinidad and Tobago in 2006. Where BBC and ITV were joint broadcasters for the game, BBC recieved more viewers than ITV each time

Last edited:
It goes back longer than that, too. In World Cup games since 1982, we have averaged 2.15 points per game on BBC, and 1.5 points per game on ITV

Back