• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will the Ipswich game go ahead?

Csboy

Manager
With the club well aware of the planned protest before the game and all the negative publicity it will bring for Ron it could be very easy for the club to turn around and say we don't have a team we don't want to insult Ipswich by fielding our youth team against their 1st teamers and call the game off.

I maybe being a bit cynical here but after the events of the past few weeks I wouldn't put anything past Ron Martin. Well if it does get called off then the protest should still happen. Its important us fans show we wont put up with whats happening at the club right now.

Spoke to my mate about this very thing in the week. We think it's a real possibility that it will get cancelled too.

Just to add to that we will have to talk about league games as them getting called off could mean point deduction and things and thats the last thing we need.

As Ron said in instalment 3, he expects the embargo to be lifted in the first 14 days of July. Being the first pre-season game is on 9th July the team put out is gonna be a youth team at best.

Ron reckons the transfer embargo will be lifted in the first 14 days of July. We have a winding-up order on the 8th of July for £200,000 which will be paid off, and one on the 14th of July by Carterhouse Limited, no-one knows the sum of that one but with those two up and coming, I can't see us paying the PFA, never mind the Shrimper's Trust.

With our current lack of squad members, i would be surprised if 200 home fans turned up. Pre season friendlies are arranged for match fitness and blending new signings into the teams method of tactics. As we have diddly squat at present, and i cant foresee any transfer activity before friday, why bother?. Ron Martin wont be in attendance so any protest will fall on deaf ears. There will probably be more 'old bill' on duty than fans. (Good excuse to get some overtime in, quell the planned protest and rebellion at Roots hall!).

With our current lack of squad members, i would be surprised if 200 home fans turned up. Pre season friendlies are arranged for match fitness and blending new signings into the teams method of tactics. As we have diddly squat at present, and i cant foresee any transfer activity before friday, why bother?. Ron Martin wont be in attendance so any protest will fall on deaf ears. There will probably be more 'old bill' on duty than fans. (Good excuse to get some overtime in, quell the planned protest and rebellion at Roots hall!).

There lays the problem BBL, the force have been handed out Government cut backs and I believe they will charge the club? Would it be justified to do this for a small crowd inside the ground and a larger one outside however peaceful it is planned to be. The revenue gained from ticket sales and split gate with Ipswich may make this a none runner me thinks?

The best form of protest would be not to turn up for this game or any other of the pre season games imo.

As Ron said in instalment 3, he expects the embargo to be lifted in the first 14 days of July. Being the first pre-season game is on 9th July the team put out is gonna be a youth team at best.

Do we know if there's a limit to the number of trialists that we can field?

Unless Blameless Ronnie stumps up some cash for unpaid bills to certain organisations for last seasons safety certificate needs, they will not provide the necessary staff for this season, hence with the safety cert not in place the games cant go ahead.

We need to attend outside the ground because we are showing we would have gone had things been different otherwise the club will just sweep the low attendance under the carpet at least this way we show what the potential crowd could have been.

Unless Blameless Ronnie stumps up some cash for unpaid bills to certain organisations for last seasons safety certificate needs, they will not provide the necessary staff for this season, hence with the safety cert not in place the games cant go ahead.

Don't you just love these little gems that come out of the woodwork...I really wonder how many more people/companies are awaiting payments for last seasons debts.

We need to attend outside the ground because we are showing we would have gone had things been different otherwise the club will just sweep the low attendance under the carpet at least this way we show what the potential crowd could have been.

I'm still gonna buy a ticket for the game.

Back