• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

allseeingeye

Southend to spoil the Gulls 100% League record with a 2-1 win at the Hall!

you think will we score 2 lol i think we will win but for me its more like 1-0 but hay let them proe me wrong :)

Not too confident to be honest, but can hope can't we? We stopped Leeds 100% record last season, so why not do it again with Torquay this season..

Just cannot see a win though, so a 0-0 draw would be good.

After the Vale game, this is another useful yard stick that Sturrock can use to check our progress against one of the sides that will, more than likely, be there or there abouts come April. Given their preference for defending, particular on their travels, and our rather blunt front line this has low score written all over it.

Optimistically, I reckon we could snatch a 1-0 win, Moshni powering in a corner in the 75th minute.

you think will we score 2 lol i think we will win but for me its more like 1-0 but hay let them proe me wrong :)

We scored 3 against a championship team recently and 2 away from home against Bradford.

Why cant we score 2 ?

Think we will struggle against Torquay on sat, they are on a roll at the moment and their confidence is sky high however, they have to come back to earth with a bumped at some point and why should it not be us to spoil their fun.
I am going to say 1-0 to us, 4,940 crowd to witness it.

This is new territory for me - I cant remember EVER hearing that Torquay were a 'decent side' and one of the favourites for promotion, when they were due to play us. Somehow it doesnt sound right :)

However, their recent record is truly excellent so one thing is for sure - they will be full of confidence. This will therefore be a stern test of our new side. I think we're up to it though - and we'll either win 2-1 or it will be one of those excruciating 1-0 home defeats where they score midway through the second half and you just know we arent going to come back...

Im going to go for a 1-0 win infront of 6500. A fair few people back from the hols and a few stragglers are slowly returning plus a decent away support for the league leaders.

I think a comfortable 2-0 for the visitors, when Port Vale scored against them on Saturday it was the first time they'd conceeded in something like 16 1/2 hours, they followed that up with a 0-0 at Bournemouth in the paintpot trophy and won the shoot out 3-0 .. in other words they do not let goals in and our strikers do not fill me with confidence that we are going to do what 12 or 13 others have failed to do since April or March time

Very disappointed as I will miss this one since I will be away for a few days.:thumbdown:
Think we may well be the one's to end their run though - have gone for 3-0 in the PL but realistically feel we are more likely to grab a late 1-0 winner with the ball brushing Blair's pony tail and into the net will do for me.
6,075 in attendance.

Just heard that as of yesterday we had sold 8000 tickets on the back of the promotion so im guessing we could have 9000 in tomorrow which would be great.

1-0 to us late pen i reckon , cant see us scoring in open play ! 9500 in attendance should be all the motivation the team need .

Back