• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

I hope I am not tempting fate with the weather but who is in and who is out of the team for Saturday ?

I will start the thread by saying I don't think Widdrington will be shouting from the technical area for this, or any other match.

I hope we do play as it has been an age since my last game and i cant make boxing day as im working.

Dont know about the team but i reckon this will fall foul of the weather

Firstly I hope its on as my Son will be down from Manchester and attending with his mate, whose brother plays CM for Wycombe.

If Bil and Barks play together I have some hope for a result, any one else at CB and I worry

Firstly I hope its on as my Son will be down from Manchester and attending with his mate, whose brother plays CM for Wycombe.

If Bil and Barks play together I have some hope for a result, any one else at CB and I worry

I think that is very much on the button. I have a very nasty feeling that we won't be seeing Bilel for a while...........seriously hope that I'm wrong. I also fear for the result(s), without him in the side. If he is sidelined for a while it is imperative that we find a replacement, possibly a loanee, in January..........but that's four matches away. I've banged on quite a bit over the last week about the serious lack of any quality in depth concerning our squad. I fear that, over the next weeks, we may again have to pay the price for this problem.

Much like Firestorms lad, I am also travelling from afar to attend tomorrows game.

Would anyone know of the likelihood of a pitch inspection this afternoon, or failing that first thing tomorrow?

The Echo says Bilel was on crutches at the trainign ground but Luggy still hasnt ruled him out playing!

I hope we do play as it has been an age since my last game and i cant make boxing day as im working.

Dont know about the team but i reckon this will fall foul of the weather
I'm hoping both games are called off as I can't make either. And of course it gives our walking wounded time to recover.

Making a match forcast is tricky with injuries here there and everywhere, so il say a close 1 0 win, but if 3 or 4 from the bench are playing, i fear we might go down to a defeat.

I'm hoping both games are called off as I can't make either. And of course it gives our walking wounded time to recover.

On balance I would probably agree..............only proviso, is that (although I very much doubt it will be the case) if we could have the same starting line-up as on Tuesday, I would be raring for us to go.

The Echo says Bilel was on crutches at the trainign ground but Luggy still hasnt ruled him out playing!

Look, I can tell you that in France you get the results of a scan virtually immediately. I know it's NHS and all that ............but I can't think that in a professional footballer's case that you would be left waiting. Thus I'm assuming that the result of the scan is known and you can draw your own conlusions why the result is not being made public. I sincerely hope what I've written is total rubbish and that he will be in contention for a place on Saturday but, as I've mentioned above, I just fear that we won't be seeing Bilel for a while...........and further, I fear for our defense in his absence.

We've only ever beaten Wycombe once, away on Boxing Day 2004. They've only lost once away this season and we've been very indifferent at home. We have injury doubts to a couple of key men and also weather doubts....and Kevin Betsy has scored plenty of goals this season so is bound to play a blinder.

It doesn't add up to the most inspiring of scenario's but i'm going to go for a Southend victory by the odd goal in 3!

What is your source? I do hope you're wrong. I don't fancy the idea of Soares permanently in the first team....

The same source that tells Bilel could be out for quite a while and a few of our younger players will get their chance to impress before the transfer window opens!

Common sense tells me that Simpson will be going back to Posh. Sturrock pretty much said both injuries were bad on Tuesday night. Grant also took a knock and is doubtful.

This means our team is likely to be

Morris
Clohessy
Herd
Coughlan
Barker
Hall
Easton
Woodyard
Sturrock
Midson

Subs
Evans
Prosser
Crawford
Corr
Paterson
Zaaboub (if fit)
Ferdinand

That means Prosser will be our entire defensive backup

Gulp

Common sense tells me that Simpson will be going back to Posh. Sturrock pretty much said both injuries were bad on Tuesday night. Grant also took a knock and is doubtful.

This means our team is likely to be

Morris
Clohessy
Herd
Coughlan
Barker
Hall
Easton
Woodyard
Sturrock
Midson

Subs
Evans
Prosser
Crawford
Corr
Paterson
Zaaboub (if fit)
Ferdinand

That means Prosser will be our entire defensive backup

Gulp

Shrimpers24 reckon Granty will be fit http://www.southendunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/good_news_on_grant_in_shrimpers_injury_update_609461/index.shtml but not sure whether you're missed him or Soares out as you've named just 10.

Back