• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How excited are you?

• Like you Dave - Im amazingly excited

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • Pretty dam excited

Votes: 48 32.2%
  • Fairly happy

Votes: 39 26.2%
  • Im totally underwelmed.

Votes: 12 8.1%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Personally I am more excited than I was at the birth of my two kids at the idea of seeing Sawyer in our beloved Blue. A few killjoys dont seem that bothered. I have had 2000 "Sawyer is our leader" t-shirts made for the event (plus a "Sawyer is our leader XXXL ponch for Fatso so he dosent feel left out) which I plan to distribute to my pals in the South Upper

How much has Sawyer mainia grabbed you?

Last edited:
Interpol Shrimper is not going to be happy, but my interest has risen moderately in seeing us play again.

This signing has had a ridiculous effect on my mood, i was so impressed with lee i genuinely thought we were looking at the next stevie g or something similar he was in my eyes one of the best youngsters ive seen pull on the shirt, prior when he came through the yoofs was probably the best he was obviously going to do well. I am buzzing for fridays game, i really hope PS says **** it your starting go out there and drop some bombs young man

Pleased to see him back again, but I dont think he alone is the clubs' saviour.

He is going to be in a completely different team, with completely different players that may not suit his style of play as much. If he was an incredible player, he'd have surely been snapped up by someone other than Woking.

Its a definite positive move, but Luggy needs to have at least a couple more gems waiting to be unveiled before I'll upgrade my level of excitement.

Interpol Shrimper is not going to be happy, but my interest has risen moderately in seeing us play again.

Is that because he's losing reasons to moan about?

I'm approaching it with an air of caution, to be honest. Given the previous problems with Sawyer, and the fact he's blown second chances before, I think anybody who sees this as only positive is setting themselves up for a fall. We've been in this position before, and it cost the team dearly.

To put it into perspective, if given the choice, I'd sign Harris over Sawyer.

I'm really excited, if it doesn't work I'm not too sure we've really lost out a great deal. All signings are a gamble, but this one we know has the potential to have a big impact this season and for future seasons too.

Lee Sawyer is a class act, I'm really hoping that the "Kightly effect" has maybe occurred, and that the drop down has given him a boot up the arse.

weird to say for a player who only made something like 15 appearances in total but I would easily say he's by far my favourite player in an sufc shirt since ricky otto. very excited he is back! wooooooooooooooo

Quality signing very good young player if he keeps a good attitude then 10/10 at this level

Dont listen to him! Not sure what is going on with that fella, he's seemingly lost his marbles!!

Cant wait to see the return of Sawyer! Im very excited DtS, but you already know that!

So excited I've already had "SUFC 2011 Playoff Champions" and Lee Sawyer's face tattooed on my arse. No pressure on Lee, but if he doesn't score a hattrick in a 6-0 win I will feel a bit let down, and might carve it off again with a paring knife. Have fun out there Lee :smile:

This may not be true, in fact it isn't. But I do feel quite chipper.

It will turn our season round.

The signs have been there that we're heading in the right direction for a while now, but hopefully the buzz around signing Sawyer is the tipping point for our season's fortunes. If this move energises the crowd then it will be worth it alone and I'm as excited about his potential as a talisman for the crowd as I am about his impact on the team.

The signs have been there that we're heading in the right direction for a while now, but hopefully the buzz around signing Sawyer is the tipping point for our season's fortunes. If this move energises the crowd then it will be worth it alone and I'm as excited about his potential as a talisman for the crowd as I am about his impact on the team.

Agreed... the crowd can turn this clubs season around. Sawyer and a couple of other signings can help.

I'm really excited, if it doesn't work I'm not too sure we've really lost out a great deal. All signings are a gamble, but this one we know has the potential to have a big impact this season and for future seasons too.

Lee Sawyer is a class act, I'm really hoping that the "Kightly effect" has maybe occurred, and that the drop down has given him a boot up the arse.

Ditto

And since initially he's only here till the end of the season cant do any harm and may well give us something in midfield we have been lacking

My excitement is tempered a bit by his failing to secure a league club when on various trials before dropping to Woking. Only hoping that failing to secure a deal and having to take the non-league option was enough of a kick up the *** to get his hunger back.

weird to say for a player who only made something like 15 appearances in total but I would easily say he's by far my favourite player in an sufc shirt since ricky otto. very excited he is back! wooooooooooooooo

yep hit the nail on the head with that one.

I think the thing that is tremendous is that if you you could simply will a player to succeed, he is over half-way there. It is a long time since I've seen such an upsurge in enthusiasm for a player when he has signed for us and a real desire from everyone, that he will come good and fully exploit his undeniable talent, not just for Southend United but also for him personally. The only slight concern is that we put our expectations TOO high and oblige him to carry that burden on his, still young shoulders. LOTS of enthusiastic support for him and indeed, for the rest of the team, whilst at the same time just a bit of patience............which of course, our supporters have in abundance. :winking:

went a got a ticket for Friday mainly on the back of this signing, guess I've been fully sold on the Sawyer factor.

Back